• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wraith is comparible to a Discraft _____?

Surge is almost identical, but doesn't beat in as fast.

Good move on making the switch. You'll never go back to the dark side of the force.

pretty much, except it doesn't have the variability form disc to disc because they actually take some care in the cooling of their plastic as it comes out of the mold. Discraft also acknowledges that the same mold in a different plastic will have different flight characteristics (unlike innova's insistence that they come out the same) due to the different shrinkage rates of the different plastics as they cool.

I'm not completely sold on the FLX stuff, but have a few I like.

Awesome. Discraft has stolen my heart. I am not gonna go with any of the FLX plastic for my drivers and will stick to the ESP plastic. I just prefer the FLX plastic on a few of my midrange and my putters as I feel like they grab the chains a little better.

if you want immediate results similar to a beat in wraith, try a Surge SS. I just got one in a trade, and it is pretty comparable to my wraith that has seen a good amount of use.

If you want to score either on the cheap, try putting out a feeler in the marketplace. Many folks on this site have gotten the discraft misprint packs, and may have some to trade or sell below retail.

I have to say after throwing a couple esp pulse's for a couple of weeks now, i love them, they fly just like a wraith, maybe just a hair more stable, but if you like a wraith, i would encourage you to try a Pulse.

Last edited:
I have to say after throwing a couple esp pulse's for a couple of weeks now, i love them, they fly just like a wraith, maybe just a hair more stable, but if you like a wraith, i would encourage you to try a Pulse.

The pulse is more along the lines of a destroyer than a surge in stability. The surge = wraith. I have three of them. esp, esp flx, esp flx surge ss. Love them and use them all. Also coming to love my flx avenger :)

fav disc is a flx buzzz... dunno what it is but i love the flx

My dream is a Discraft sponsorship, check out my bag! yes the Surge is very close to the Wraith and the pulse is close but more overstable. I worked out a list that compares the two brands discs like Surge=Wraith and if you want it PM me I'll send it.

My dream is a Discraft sponsorship, check out my bag! yes the Surge is very close to the Wraith and the pulse is close but more overstable. I worked out a list that compares the two brands discs like Surge=Wraith and if you want it PM me I'll send it.

post it here! I would like to see it :)

Or just look at some of the online charts.

I use Marshall's for general reference and Joe's for more detailed info.

Yes, the Surge is very much like a Wraith and the Surge SS like a beat in Wraith.

As far as plastics go, I have loved Z plastics so far as it has more grip than Innova's Champion plastic. Not to mention that Z and Champion are the two plastics that will hold up the longest. Even though Star, ESP and FLX are considered higher quality it is because it is durable and has more grip than Z and Champion but Z and Champion still hold up better.

I like the Z Surge SS alot. I had a couple of beat, domey Pro Wraiths that were my distance drivers and the Surge flies like them right out of the box.

I switched from the Wraith to the Surge SS and am not looking back. I don't throw the regular Surge, nearly as well as i throw the SS, even though I've heard they are essentially the same disc. If you like the Surge, check out the DGA Rogue, it's the same disc as the Surge...discraft made them for DGA in DGA's sweet plastic, which in my opinion is way better than star, esp, or esp flx....

Latest posts