• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Bought a yellow Star Wraith and it was quite flat. Found an exact same copy on the course last month. Just as flat so they are OS for me. I carry a Star along with a DX for max d.

Interesting, as I have found the domey Star Wraiths to be the OS ones.

I can get DX ones here locally, but for some reason, never have. What do they compare to stability wise?

I don't have a big arm. 350ft max d.. but I get more reliable turn out of dx. Quite true to the numbers. More gentle fade than my Stars. They are a lot of fun. Def worth trying. Especially on a more open course.

I don't have a big arm. 350ft max d.. but I get more reliable turn out of dx. Quite true to the numbers. More gentle fade than my Stars. They are a lot of fun. Def worth trying. Especially on a more open course.

Thanks. We have lots of open holes. May pick one up next trip to Academy.

Earlier today I had my annual attempt to throw Destroyers in place of my Wraiths. I convince myself that I should be doing this because so many pros (If McBeth can do it so can I) choose the Destroyer. It was hilarious to realize again how much harder they are to control, how much more effort I had to use and to see them land shorter than my Wraiths every time. Going to stay in my lane. Wraith love going to be strong into 2016.

Last edited:
If it works, it works.
The Wraith is about my limit on rim size for comfort in hand. Just works for me.
I was really liking the DDs I was trying out also.

Earlier today I had my annual attempt to throw Destroyers in place of my Wraiths. I convince myself that I should be doing this because so many pros (If McBeth can do it so can I) choose the Destroyer. It was hilarious to realize again how much harder they are to control, how much more effort I had to use and to see them land shorter than my Wraiths every time. Going to stay in my lane. Wraith love going to be strong into 2016.

I think a certain 12x World Champ thinks similarly, seeing as he has not given up the Wraith....

My story exactly.
Not to mention I found a Star Boss on the course this week... lol, well, never need to throw one of those again.
Staying with Wraiths.

My story exactly.
Not to mention I found a Star Boss on the course this week... lol, well, never need to throw one of those again.
Staying with Wraiths.

It blows me away that there are people that can actually throw Bosses far and accurate. I wish it were easier to find 160g Blizzard Wraiths because those things bomb and actually do just fine in the wind. I have one and need to stock up some more. Especially ones with a nice 'pop-top' dome. Big distance my friends.

It blows me away that there are people that can actually throw Bosses far and accurate. I wish it were easier to find 160g Blizzard Wraiths because those things bomb and actually do just fine in the wind. I have one and need to stock up some more. Especially ones with a nice 'pop-top' dome. Big distance my friends.

At 160g you might be able to find a regular Champion Wraith instead of a Blizzard one. Dunno if you would have a problem with regular Champion, but it's something to look into...

Yeah I've had a harder time finding Champ Wraiths I like in the low 160s (still I keep an eye out), but have a couple in the 150s in Blizzard that are actually decent. I don't normally like Blizzard but these both have pop tops and don't have that weird lizard skin feeling rim that many Blizzards do. More importantly they still fly true to flight numbers.

Yeah I've had a harder time finding Champ Wraiths I like in the low 160s (still I keep an eye out), but have a couple in the 150s in Blizzard that are actually decent. I don't normally like Blizzard but these both have pop tops and don't have that weird lizard skin feeling rim that many Blizzards do. More importantly they still fly true to flight numbers.

I prefer 164-166 (true, not marked, weight) in regular star or champ and these are very difficult to find. Forget anything under 164.

I ended up picking up a handful of pop top blizzards in this weight range when I ran into a sale and the store was surprisingly overstocked in them. I also have a dozen or so 1st run blizzards in the low 150's and just put one back in the bag for nostalgia sake. There's little feedback as you pull through but as long as you don't expect it and follow through on how you plan to throw it despite the 'nothing-ness' feel, it flies plenty stable and ranges out to where a 165 would with less effort. I get lots of "it looked like you barely threw that" comments with it.

Last edited:
Thats totally spot on about the lighter weight ones... feels like nothing but flies just the same.
I need to find some 160s DX in the newer, better feeling DX and see what I think...

Thats totally spot on about the lighter weight ones... feels like nothing but flies just the same.
I need to find some 160s DX in the newer, better feeling DX and see what I think...

I just hit so many trees with my Wraiths, even if they're a few hundred feet out there, that I'm afraid to imagine just how fast it would cycle.

I've been throwing Wraiths since they were introduced. I've found Pro Wraiths beat into great turn-over discs, or minimal s-turn gliders. They flatten out and float straight for days on a firm hyzer flick. I'm kicking myself for not bringing an extra to my current home country of Vietnam, lost mine to a lotus pond. I'm trying to beat in a Star but it's considerably more overstable and just won't flip and hold, it always fades out. I have an Eco-Star waiting for me stateside that hasn't hit a course yet, but I'm assuming it will be similar. I carry a Destroyer too and can get some turn out of it, but it takes more effort for comparable distance. Wraith love.

I somehow got like a dozen Wraiths, let's keep the Wraith a secret though. Maybe they won't notice so I can keep getting them cheap.

I pair a pro with a champ. Easily my favorite distance driver. I too have made the move to destroyers and trespasses only to come running back to the wraiths. I don't have a huge arm (350 max d) but these are just consistent, controllable max d for me.

I lost my favourite Star Wraith in the sea a few months ago and have been toying with Orcs and Destroyers since. I haven't made up my mind but I might just stay with the Wraith. Does anyone throw a Teerex for more overstable distance shots? I've had a couple of really overstable Wraiths that have been great wind fighters but most haven't been great into a stiffer headwind. Are Champion Wraiths generally more OS?

I lost my favourite Star Wraith in the sea a few months ago and have been toying with Orcs and Destroyers since. I haven't made up my mind but I might just stay with the Wraith. Does anyone throw a Teerex for more overstable distance shots? I've had a couple of really overstable Wraiths that have been great wind fighters but most haven't been great into a stiffer headwind. Are Champion Wraiths generally more OS?

Try a Discmania C-Line DD. The ones I've thrown are super beefy and would be a great Wraith complement to fight wind/big hyzer shots.

Having Teerex's Wraiths and DD's I would say go you could go with either a DD or Teerex. Again it's going to depend on wear and plh. I have a beefy SLine DD and Teerex if you want to trade.