• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Thanks for the recommendations, I forgot about the DD. Doesn't it share a mold piece with the Wraith? I remember reading about S-Lines being pretty beefy as well? I prefer Star over Champion in distance drivers. And BirdieMachine thanks for the trade offer but I think it would be a bit too much trouble trading discs across the pond :) I can be very picky about my discs too..

And sorry for the derail! I might have to get a Pro Wraith to replace my trusty Star Wraith that I lost. After a decent beating it still wasn't a turnover machine but it had a nice little drift before a mellow fade.

Anyone have any thoughts on what flies more like a beat in Star Wraith, but straight out of the box? I have a beat up one that I can do anything I want with. I also have a brand new one that flies more like a -1/7 if you factor in the giant skips it takes. I hate that disc. The only way to get anything out of it is to really crank it over, and hurt myself in the process. I'm not going to hurt myself to get a disc broken in to that sweet spot. Considering Pro since it breaks in so fast, but then how long will it hold the sweet spot? Not nearly as long as Star I would assume. Saw one person recommend an Archon for this, but does anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

Some of the newer Star Wraiths that I have are pretty soft plastic, are all around the 168 weight range, and have very little dome. They are all very similar and are very workable. Not near the overstability of some of my stiffer, high-PLH ones.

That's probably about as helpful as I can be, for whatever it's worth.

Anyone have any thoughts on what flies more like a beat in Star Wraith, but straight out of the box? I have a beat up one that I can do anything I want with. I also have a brand new one that flies more like a -1/7 if you factor in the giant skips it takes. I hate that disc. The only way to get anything out of it is to really crank it over, and hurt myself in the process. I'm not going to hurt myself to get a disc broken in to that sweet spot. Considering Pro since it breaks in so fast, but then how long will it hold the sweet spot? Not nearly as long as Star I would assume. Saw one person recommend an Archon for this, but does anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

I have an Archon and it flies very similarly to my seasoned star Wraith. I also put a new Pro Wraith in my bag at the beginning of summer and it still doesn't have any turn. That thing was beefy.

Give the Krait a look. Slightly less stable than a Wraith. Big booming flights with lots of glide and not a lot of late fade.

Anyone have any thoughts on what flies more like a beat in Star Wraith, but straight out of the box?

I love Starlite/Blizzard Wraiths in the 158-160g weights for this role. Bigger distance, easier to control and has the same great feel of a Wraith.

You could try out a Gstar.

In my experience GStar has proven to be very durable. Every one of mine (4) is flat and has held their stability as well as regular Star. I really am liking how flat they always are.

I love Starlite/Blizzard Wraiths in the 158-160g weights for this role. Bigger distance, easier to control and has the same great feel of a Wraith.

I agree, I've done nothing but enjoy my pair of Starlite Wraiths since day one. Mine are very controllable, but not too nose angle sensitive.

Try online. Marshall Street, Disc Golf Center, eBay, Infinite Discs, or on the market place here are all stocked with them.

Stay in the 155-160g range with Starlite/Blizzard Wraiths and you've got a stable bomber.

I got a few Blizzard Wraiths in the 150-160g range and cant believe the easy distance. I have a 142g, which was my first one and that thing bombs. I have to be careful with it in the wind and need space for it to work, but on calm days I can get 350+ with scary ease from a standstill.

First disc I put out over 400ft (albeit slightly downhill) on a hyzer was a 170g DX Wraith. Love me some Wraiths.

I got a Gstar Wraith in the mail the other month and decided to give them a try over the winter. Wow great disc. Currently running three in the bag. Just bought a couple more including a pro to cycle. Great disc that is taking over two to three disc slots. Wish I would have tried it sooner.

I got a Gstar Wraith in the mail the other month and decided to give them a try over the winter. Wow great disc. Currently running three in the bag. Just bought a couple more including a pro to cycle. Great disc that is taking over two to three disc slots. Wish I would have tried it sooner.

Great for an out of the box understable Wraith. I found the durability to very close to Pro (aka noticeably less than Champ and Star).

I've had a DX Wraith for a while now that was given to me. I really do want to love this disc, I just don't have the arm strength and proper technique yet to throw one. Every time I do, it just dies on me way too quick and fades hard. Someday, I'll get my big boy pants on and graduate up to speed 11 discs, lol.

Great for an out of the box understable Wraith. I found the durability to very close to Pro (aka noticeably less than Champ and Star).

I'm really surprised at that comparison. :confused:

I've found my GStars to season just as slow as regular Star.