• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

My wraiths:

PFN Star
Newer run Echo Star

PFN is my dead straight flyer with minimal fade slot. It started out fairly overstable but has stayed in its current stability for 2 years now. I'm confident every time I throw it.

Echo Star has been the best flippy distance driver I've ever thrown. Yesterday I got this thing out to 450, besting my previous record by 30ft. Hyzer flip that gets big turn and comes back. Every other flippy driver I've tried has either felt awful in the hand or was too flippy. The familiarity of the wraith but in a flippy but grippy plastic has been great.

When I started, one of my first discs was a Wraith, loved that disc. I eventually lost it and didn't replace it and moved on to other drivers (I had no loyalty). One day I was playing with some buddies and we saw a disc in a creek. We couldn't tell what it was but my friend thought it was some axiom with the colored rim. I thought it was a halo disc so after the round I went back and went for a swim. Turns out it was a Halo Wraith with no ink!! (This was in 2019 and from what I can remember, halo discs were not terribly common in my area). I have stopped bagging it, but this thread makes me want to try it out again.

TLDR; Found uninked Halo Wraith in creek, loved it, stopped bagging it, might bag again

Thanks. I didn't realize the new ones were color glow. That's my favorite plastic for lots of discs. May have to order one or two.

Dang, I gotta figure out how to get notifications when this kinda stuff becomes available. Any way to do this outside of social media?

twitter is the best way to know, sorry :( https://twitter.com/InnovaProShop

and they are star color glow! I know they had star color glow destroyers in the past, not sure if this is the first time another mold has been run in that plastic

I've got some on the way. I read on reddit they're supposed to be be as grippy as gstar. Really excited to try these out.

The Nathan Queen color glow stars have been restocked probably 5 times already just gotta be ready for them. I just got a shipment of them and they feel incredible if you like gummy, flexy star. Best plastic I have personally felt in a while (subjective of course) but I am excited about them...have not had a chance to throw them yet though so I will have to report back.

The Nathan Queen color glow stars have been restocked probably 5 times already just gotta be ready for them. I just got a shipment of them and they feel incredible if you like gummy, flexy star. Best plastic I have personally felt in a while (subjective of course) but I am excited about them...have not had a chance to throw them yet though so I will have to report back.

for example, in stock now: https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/glow-star-wraith-nathan-queen-tour-series/

I threw them today when I got off work. It was pretty bad out and I was stiff from work but these seem like a bomber run. Id say they fly true to the numbers. These felt great in 40 degree weather too.

Last edited:
I threw them today when I got off work. It was pretty bad out and I was stiff from work but these seem like a bomber run. Id say they fly true to the numbers. These felt great in 40 degree weather too.

How domey is this run? Huge poptop or something morw moderate?

How domey is this run? Huge poptop or something morw moderate?

They had a bunch at my local shop yesterday and all had mild to moderate dome.

Like I need another Wraith but I grabbed one anyway. Plastic is certainly interesting, soft with a very pliable flight plate. Threw it some and it has a bit of turn off the shelf and a pretty healthy fade, I'd call it slightly OS for a Wraith. Would agree that they could be bombers with a little wear.

I had to get it in the sunlight to notice a little of the "rash" on the rim. 🙁 Minor flashing on the outer rim that I cleaned up when I got home. Seems to glow pretty well.🙂

I still haven't thrown any but they FEEL like bombers in the hand just because of how pliable and grippy they are....can't wait to throw some this weekend!

Haven't seen any review on these Nathan Queen star glows yet. I went to the field today with the 2 that I got (pink and white) and a couple other wraiths that I bag. The plastic is on the softer side but stiffer than g star. Winds were around 10mph so I got to get a good idea on these. In a tail wind they were pretty overstable with a hard finish out to about 375. With a headwind they had some turn but still finished left at the end. Overall they are nuetral to slightly overstable for a Wraith but with good carry. Compared to the other Wraiths that I tested them against they were less overstable than my halo (max weight) but more overstable than my favorite PFN Wraith (170g). Granted, that one is nicely seasoned. Overall really nice Wraiths, but that are soft enough that they'll probably come out of my bag when temperatures get 80+ out

Latest posts