• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Other than DX or finding a used beat one, what's the best way to find a Wraith with some turn at 350?

Mid 160s star with a lower wing. I have one that I handpicked from a local store. Online, I don't really have a recomendation

Other than DX or finding a used beat one, what's the best way to find a Wraith with some turn at 350?

A lot of the new star ones I've gotten are flippy at 350' of distance but I have bought a lot and there is a wide range…. Most of the more recent stars I've purchased have tended toward some turn. I have a few from a year ago that all have a higher plh and are considerably beefier than the more recent purchases.

You at elevation?

Spent a little more time with the Nathan Queen glow yesterday and...

It's kinda beefy and kinda bombs. I'm FH dominant and can throw 350' golf lines. Was getting every bit of that with a hard rip, threw a couple further with the right wind. Mine has pretty mild dome and I was getting some decent ground play too. Definitely got some turn into a 10-15mph headwind but it always fought out unless my release was wonky. Gonna bag it in my OS distance slot, we'll see how long it holds its stability and if I like the plastic in warmer weather. Love the plastic in 50-60 degree weather.

Spent a little more time with the Nathan Queen glow yesterday and...

It's kinda beefy and kinda bombs. I'm FH dominant and can throw 350' golf lines. Was getting every bit of that with a hard rip, threw a couple further with the right wind. Mine has pretty mild dome and I was getting some decent ground play too. Definitely got some turn into a 10-15mph headwind but it always fought out unless my release was wonky. Gonna bag it in my OS distance slot, we'll see how long it holds its stability and if I like the plastic in warmer weather. Love the plastic in 50-60 degree weather.

I've been using GStar during the winter. I don't normally bag a Wraith (and no it's not Trespasses either :p (Raiders)) but I've liked the GStar flight enough to check these out more.

I ordered some GG Halo's (have a poppy "ufo" dome to them). Probably very OS.

I also messed up my Nathan Queen order. I meant to get the Glow because I liked that plastic on the Sidewinders but got the "regular" Nathan Queen Star. It's probably very much like Star...somewhat firm, somewhat grippy.

So today I ordered the Glow (for the shop I looked at nearly everyone was overweight...some at 177.8 for example).

Any way, if you have both the Glow and Star Nathan Queen Wraith could you compare the flight?

What's the closest modern run of Wraiths to the 06 Star Agusta run? I lost mine back in 2008 and only played another year or so. Im just getting back into the sport and bought two Halo Wraiths (168 & 175) as well as have an old Blizzard 166 I haven't thrown much. I won't go out and throw until the snow melts and it warms up so I have at least a few weeks. I have a couple other very early Wraiths but I won't throw them because they're rare and won't buy a $100+ thrower Agusta so im looking for a modern replica (if there even is a affordable one).

Haven't seen any review on these Nathan Queen star glows yet. I went to the field today with the 2 that I got (pink and white) and a couple other wraiths that I bag. The plastic is on the softer side but stiffer than g star. Winds were around 10mph so I got to get a good idea on these. In a tail wind they were pretty overstable with a hard finish out to about 375. With a headwind they had some turn but still finished left at the end. Overall they are nuetral to slightly overstable for a Wraith but with good carry. Compared to the other Wraiths that I tested them against they were less overstable than my halo (max weight) but more overstable than my favorite PFN Wraith (170g). Granted, that one is nicely seasoned. Overall really nice Wraiths, but that are soft enough that they'll probably come out of my bag when temperatures get 80+ out

This is pretty much my exact experience. Slots between a halo and stock 12x stars (which have had some turn out of the box recently for me). The TS glow star will stand up a bit and ride, will fade but won't dump. I need some more time with it but it doesn't seem to quite have the glide of my 12x stars. Great feeling disc though, it stays in the bag for now.

I was able for the first time to find a store with a lot of Star Wraiths. I took every one of them under 170 and over 160 to a table to compare PLH. I tried my best to pick the lowest one. It was a red 168.

I threw it for the first time today and had my PFN 168 to throw with it. While I did not get the turn out of it that I do with the PFN, I was very encouraged for the first throw. I would estimate it flew on a frozen line for 300' then faded out another 50 or so. Will be fun to build a driver line up with Wraiths, as I tend to get really good releases with them.

What's the closest modern run of Wraiths to the 06 Star Agusta run? I lost mine back in 2008 and only played another year or so. Im just getting back into the sport and bought two Halo Wraiths (168 & 175) as well as have an old Blizzard 166 I haven't thrown much. I won't go out and throw until the snow melts and it warms up so I have at least a few weeks. I have a couple other very early Wraiths but I won't throw them because they're rare and won't buy a $100+ thrower Agusta so im looking for a modern replica (if there even is a affordable one).

The old green E* were close. They are only like $75 for a thrower lol.

I've been pretty impressed with the current star run. They are still typically domier & turnier out of the box than I prefer. I have not thrown any of the recent champion runs to compare.

Closest thing in flight I've found to holding a low penetrating line like I remember Augustas doing (haven't thrown one in a while...) in standard(ish) Innova stock is a halo Tern. Way different had feel though.

There are some good options made by other manufacturers but most people in this thread don't want to hear about them.

Wraiths might be finding a home in my bag. I used Raiders in that slot previously.

I picked up a GStar Wraith for winter use and liked it to the extent that I bought some of the NQ Star and CG Star Wraiths.

I'm old and at altitude so I'm finding I need to throw these on a slight anhyzer edge out of my hand (which was how I threw the Raider). The NQ Star is domier and I expected it to be more OS but I actually find the NQ CG Star to be more HSS / LSS.

Other than the GStar Wraith is there a run, or type, that would be less HSS than the NQ versions?

It would be nice to have something that would be a bit of an easier flip to flat rather than hitting on edge

(I haven't tried any of the regular Star but did order some Pro Wraiths that I should have by Friday).

I ordered some Pros as well. So right now, from left to right I have a chalky(not sure how else to describe it because it's the most unique feeling champ ever) Champion, 173 Star, 168 Star, 168 PFN and hopefully I can beat one of these Pros into a true turner. If not, I guess I'll go back to one of my Mambas. I always have my Waves and Terns to throw in if none of the Wraiths can handle the US duties.

I would suggest a 168 (or close) Star Wraith with a mild dome.