• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

My GG Halo (which imo flies different than normal Halo Wraith, although I've only thrown 1 normal and 2 GG's) is my OS FH/BH bomber--the wind cruiser.

Some of my best shots have been with that GG Halo. I'm pretty much FH only driving. Just last week I parked it on a 372' downhill shot with water behind and left of the basket. I was a bit nervous watching it get close to the water, but it just reliably faded away from the water and nestled in next to the basket just like I meant it to.

Anyone thrown both the Garrett Gurthie and Jen Allen Halo Wraiths? Any significant differences between the two? I'm going to need a backup for my GG Wraith. I was thinking about going with the Jen Allen version for my backup. She's one of my local pros.

is it me or are the 22 GG wraiths way overstable with not as much glide as the 21 GG with the pop top. I just cant get this 22 to do much, its a halo with red rim, yellow center thrown rhbh

I heard Robbie C compare his Gurthie Halo Wraith to a stock Star Destroyer. Agree, disagree? I've never thrown a destroyer. I can get the GG Halo Wraith out to around 365 on a flex line. Figured there wasn't much point in going to a higher speed until I was consistently throwing 400.

is it me or are the 22 GG wraiths way overstable with not as much glide as the 21 GG with the pop top. I just cant get this 22 to do much, its a halo with red rim, yellow center thrown rhbh

I have a 22 GG with the same colors as yours and it's very OS. I haven't thrown a 21 GG.

Halo-ween glow wraiths… restocked and gone already

Has anyone thrown them yet? I got a pair in the restock and they feel a lot like color glow champion, at least in the rim. Hoping to find some time to give them a few tosses tomorrow.

Had a pretty good run of not buying discs, but the headless horseman got me :rolleyes:

Has anyone thrown them yet? I got a pair in the restock and they feel a lot like color glow champion, at least in the rim. Hoping to find some time to give them a few tosses tomorrow.

Had a pretty good run of not buying discs, but the headless horseman got me :rolleyes:

Gonna be pretty nice if they feel like color glow. My 2 get here today. Will see if I can get some fieldwork in later.

A friend of mine says they're nice and straight for him. I felt them in person and they seem like they'd be a little less overstable than usual.

I am shocked by how flippy the newer run of Star Wraiths are behaving. They are very long and have more glide than I remember but they seem to want a whole lot of fairway width to get the max flight. Attempting the same throw they are only showing a tick more HSS than my ESP Heat with go roughly the same distance. My previous 12x Star Wraiths may well have been destroyers, but that was probably 10 years ago. These newer Wraiths are more flippy than my Beasts.

I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised. I guess there are a million other molds and runs I should consider. Sucks being out of the loop.

I am shocked by how flippy the newer run of Star Wraiths are behaving. They are very long and have more glide than I remember but they seem to want a whole lot of fairway width to get the max flight. Attempting the same throw they are only showing a tick more HSS than my ESP Heat with go roughly the same distance. My previous 12x Star Wraiths may well have been destroyers, but that was probably 10 years ago. These newer Wraiths are more flippy than my Beasts.

I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised. I guess there are a million other molds and runs I should consider. Sucks being out of the loop.

I don't know if I'd say my newer star Wraiths are that flippy but I've definitely regretted throwing them in moderate headwinds.

try the 2022 GG halo wraiths

I have had a lot of variety from star wraiths recently, with both dome and plh all over the place. Mellower seems to be more common, including out of the box bombers, but a couple that are destroyer-light. Bought one bottom stamp from the factory store that is poptop and more OS than a champ wraith, holding down the headwind slot I assume a halo would fill.

Buy in person if you can.

try the 2022 GG halo wraiths

I threw one of these, and it was the best star Wraith I've thrown in years. Just a bit of high speed turn on the hardest rips, great glide, and not a super dumpy late fade. Pretty much anything you could want in a Wraith.

I like the plastic. It seems to have good flight characteristics, and is very durable.

I'm bagging two GG halo wraiths right now. One worn, one ~180g and fresh.

My first wraith was the first run of GG halo wraiths.

I was throwing around 300' or so at the time. I'm up in altitude and there's a gnar difference for some discs.

Anyways, I decided back then it was an unuseable meathook. I hated to give up on it, and kept tinkering with it. It was basically a FH only disc until recently.

FF to now. I throw about 60-65 mph on bh, or about 400-450', and I need this disc in my bag.

It's a disc designed for 75 mph.

So with some legit HW, it might come out of the hand at 80-90 mph of relative wind. A lot of discs might go dumb right away, but not this one. It seems like a supersonic type disc...a fighter jet type thing.

This disc is, for me, my safe max-distance FH/BH driver into HW. It flies...just needs 70+ mph relative wind, and seems to thrive at around 80+. I can't imagine playing in conditions in which I can't throw this disc. I can imagine something that windy but no one would play disc golf in that.

I lost a black '21 GG Halo that I'd been bagging for a couple of months last year. Got it back a few months ago after someone had clearly found it and thrown it for months before losing it on a hole I ironically helped design.

I recently started bagging it and with maybe 6 months of wear it has turned into a super sweet disc.

With low 400s power it basically flies like a longer version of the best Thunderbirds/Teebird3s I've thrown, I imagine it also flies a lot like a longer beaten in Eagle.

When thrown on a baby hyzer it'll stand up a bit but not turn and then fade reliably, when thrown flat it'll turn a bit and come back. I can trust it into mild to moderate headwinds almost as well as my Invictus.

That said I don't get that many chances to pull it out on the courses I play because I'll usually choose either the slightly straighter flight of a slower disc, the more reliably overstable flight of an Invictus or the bomber distance of a Boss, but it would almost always get the nod over those in a 5-10 disc bag.

I can imagine something that windy but no one would play disc golf in that.

Hello, I'd like to invite you to Iceland, the windy island.

Felt up some of the Halo glow Wraiths at the shop and they are sexy, plain rims a bit flatter than orange rims.

$31.99 is a bridge too far for one disc though.

Speaking of OS Wraiths, are MF Champ Wraiths a thing anymore? I haven't seen them in a while

The only discs I've seen in metal flake champ in the last few years have been Gators, Roc3's, and Teebird3's. Well, and some of the stuff they make for Infinite Discs. I don't think I've seen metal flake champ drivers of any kind in a while.

Latest posts