• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

The only discs I've seen in metal flake champ in the last few years have been Gators, Roc3's, and Teebird3's. Well, and some of the stuff they make for Infinite Discs. I don't think I've seen metal flake champ drivers of any kind in a while.

Bummer, I'd love to try one out. My most beefy Wraith at this point will stand up and go straight for a long time. Looking for one to hyzer a little quicker. I'd also be interested in trying out a TeeRex for fun, but I've heard they're a little more inconsistent

Speaking of OS Wraiths, are MF Champ Wraiths a thing anymore? I haven't seen them in a while

The only discs I've seen in metal flake champ in the last few years have been Gators, Roc3's, and Teebird3's. Well, and some of the stuff they make for Infinite Discs. I don't think I've seen metal flake champ drivers of any kind in a while.

I've seen CFR MF Wraiths, Destroyers, Firebirds, and Roadrunners from the last year or two. I think my local store had a couple leftover MF Wraith and Color Glow Wraith from a bigger Innova event over the summer.

Tour series Max, Gator, and Roadrunner this year. Stock TeeBird3 and Roc3s recently.

Bummer, I'd love to try one out. My most beefy Wraith at this point will stand up and go straight for a long time. Looking for one to hyzer a little quicker. I'd also be interested in trying out a TeeRex for fun, but I've heard they're a little more inconsistent

I believe the infinite discs Czar is being branded as an OS Wraith. Idk if it is the Teerex mold or not.

Speaking of OS wraith, is/has Innova gunna produce the old Discmania DD mold? I know that was also a Wraith-OS

BOMBER ALERT! Saw these echo star wraiths pop up on innovas pro shop. Lower wing than my longest wraith with insane dome. Domiest disc I've ever seen. Haven't them yet but I know they'll be super long.

9dcc0ae93df6d74b56e437637d3d2383.jpg

0b5051270eff05979e4ca13ae6a15c6a.jpg

217be07e783e5f20678000791010d1dc.jpg

I have 3 domey Star Wraiths that look like that. The two freshies are beefy AF, but I have a beat in one that flies for days. Hopefully the Echostars are the same, start out beefy and beat to long bombs. Might need to pick one up myself

I have 3 domey Star Wraiths that look like that. The two freshies are beefy AF, but I have a beat in one that flies for days. Hopefully the Echostars are the same, start out beefy and beat to long bombs. Might need to pick one up myself

Beat to long bombs after only a few throws then beat to useless US discs after a few more?...or did they make echostar better?

So I think I'm back up to throwing Wraiths finally this summer. I've got my arm speed back up to where a good Wraith throw gets me 350' (or a bit more). Which is a useful distance further than Teebirds (for me), and a bit more reliable than Valks (for me).

I've got a reasonable stack of 10-15 Wraiths. Mostly star and gstar (with a few beefy F2 Halos).

I did realize that the majority of my Wraiths are 175g. Unsurprisingly, I can throw the few lighter weight ones further. I've got a couple seasoned star wraiths right around 170g that are probably my furthest ones.

I usually pickup my wraiths from the PIAS used bin, but I've found that basically all the wraiths in the used bin are also 175g. I've actually stopped buying any more backup 175g star (until I plunk a couple more in the drink on some of the local 350' water carries).

So I'm thinking of picking up a couple fresh lighter weight wraiths at retail (or F2). But I'm curious how light is too light.

So how about y'all? How light do you go on a star wraith before the lack of control starts to become not worth it?

So I think I'm back up to throwing Wraiths finally this summer. I've got my arm speed back up to where a good Wraith throw gets me 350' (or a bit more). Which is a useful distance further than Teebirds (for me), and a bit more reliable than Valks (for me).

I've got a reasonable stack of 10-15 Wraiths. Mostly star and gstar (with a few beefy F2 Halos).

I did realize that the majority of my Wraiths are 175g. Unsurprisingly, I can throw the few lighter weight ones further. I've got a couple seasoned star wraiths right around 170g that are probably my furthest ones.

I usually pickup my wraiths from the PIAS used bin, but I've found that basically all the wraiths in the used bin are also 175g. I've actually stopped buying any more backup 175g star (until I plunk a couple more in the drink on some of the local 350' water carries).

So I'm thinking of picking up a couple fresh lighter weight wraiths at retail (or F2). But I'm curious how light is too light.

So how about y'all? How light do you go on a star wraith before the lack of control starts to become not worth it?

For reference my general distance is around the 380 to 400 mark on good rips.

150g for are the longest bombers. Generally any low to mild headwind it becomes more of a turnover but not a roller. Probably around. Really nice when you have tailwind or need to go uphill

163g is my workhorse weight can handle some wind but still nets some good turn in still conditions.

140g is to light above 300 feet of power to reliably control.

I've grown into mine, but the first Wraith and the most beat Wraith I have is an F2 that doesn't say Wraith on the underside. Can't figure out what this marking means at all.

fullsizeoutput-84c.jpg

For reference my general distance is around the 380 to 400 mark on good rips.

150g for are the longest bombers. Generally any low to mild headwind it becomes more of a turnover but not a roller. Probably around. Really nice when you have tailwind or need to go uphill

163g is my workhorse weight can handle some wind but still nets some good turn in still conditions.

140g is to light above 300 feet of power to reliably control.

Latest posts