• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

XC_Eddy 2019 ITB

XC_Eddy

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So we currently have feet and feet of snow on the ground. I've been practice putting, but I miss real rounds. This is me fantasizing about what I hope to throw in 2019.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Been Playing casually off and on for 11 years. Playing fairly seriously (multiple rounds a week) for about 3 years.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, with some RHFH ability. Played almost exclusively forehand for first 3 years before becoming RH dominant. I will use FH for about 25% of shots under 250~. I had a period of about 2 weeks last year where I could suddenly flick 350 and have not been able to recapture that brief magic. I started Sexton hopping and it worked, until it didn't. That's a form issue, bnot a bag issue.

Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Envy;200/250 KC Pro Roc: 230/260'; Teebird: 280/340'; Wraith 325/360'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: Way better runner than disc golfer.

Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I love my bags simplicity. Not a ton of molds. I LOVE my throwing putter setup. I love Teebirds, and have 20 more that I'd love to put in the bag. I feel weird about throwing exactly 0 mids during a majority of my rounds. I can throw an Envy almost exactly as far and it feels more reliable. Could be an archer problem.

Specific areas of desired feedback: Do I have too many Fairways and too many Utility discs. I carry a pile of TBs. I carry a Zone, Resistor, Firebird, and Machete.

Immediate and long-term goals: I want to add rollers as a shot in my bag. I will be lucky to play any tournaments this year because my wife is due with child on April 15th. Would love to get my forehand more consistent. Would also love to add about 25 feet to my max distance as that would make a lot of holes more reachable.

Drivers
175g Champion Wraith. Pretty overstable. Was using a Star TeeRex, getting to flippy.
171g PFN SWR Wraith. Old but barely thrown. Straight to fade.
170g PFN SWR Wraith. More Beat than the above. Has turn. Has fade.
171g PFN SWR Wraith. Flippy Wraith. Can hyzerflip. Can anhyzer but fade out at the end.
*-I'm trying to add a roller disc. I don't have much experience throwing rollers, but want to add that shot to the bag. I have an Old PFN Champ Beast and a Glow Champ RoadRunner that I am considering.

Control Drivers
175g First Run Z Machete. Meathook.
173g Champ Firebird. Beaten in. Flies a little bit like a Sexton Firebird. I sometimes bag a Glow Champion FB in this slot instead.
170g Star Star Sidewinder. Domiest SW ever. Super glidey. Big anhyzers.

Fairway Drivers
175g Neutron Resistor. Baby Firebird. I use it on shots where the Machete is too much disc.
172g 11x Champion Teebird. Probably has overlap with the FB. I'm trying to beat it in.
175g PFN Star Teebird. Fairly Fresh. Straight to fade.
172g PFN Star Teebird. Workhorse. Slight flip. Slight fade
171g PFN Star Teebird (On the flippy end of the teebird sweetspot)
171 11x Champion Eagle-L. Flippy.

Mids (I barely throw them. Proxy and Envy have replaced them).
176g Lucid Truth. Pretty straight. Better for forehand than Roc
178g KC Pro Roc. Beat. Getting a touch flippier than I'd like. Takes a glider high line.

Throwing Putters
178g ESP Zone
175g Soft Neutron Envy. More OS than N Envy
175g Neutron Envy. Laser. No high speed turn. Hint of fade
172g Soft Neutron Proxy. Slightly understable complement to the Envy.

Putting Putter
175g SS Wizard that has been my putter for 10 years. It has a lot of magic in it. Never changing putters.

Last edited:
I feel you about the snow... it's always around this time of the year I get really antsy to play...

Bag looks good. Rollers, can't go wrong with a roadrunner, I'd think (I don't utilize s roller very often either..)

There may be some overlap with the OS stuff, but if you're comfortable carrying them and they serve different purposes, you do you!

Hope spring come fast!!

Nice to see a Wraith lover's bag. I've accumulated several pfn star and e-star Wraiths from used bin scrounging in the 3 years I've been playing. Currently bagging a pop top e-star that's still pretty stable. My longest is a moderately beat embossed run with a mild dome.

With ya on the Zone/Envy combo too.

Nice to see a Wraith lover's bag. I've accumulated several pfn star and e-star Wraiths from used bin scrounging in the 3 years I've been playing. Currently bagging a pop top e-star that's still pretty stable. My longest is a moderately beat embossed run with a mild dome.

With ya on the Zone/Envy combo too.

Wraiths are awesome. Destroyer is too much disc when you don't throw 400'. PFN Star Wraiths are where it is at. I'm jealous of your used bin scrounging success. Not much of that up here unfortunately. Other than one great deal on a facebook auction, I've had to pay $15-$20+ for most of mine, and that's getting them 7/10 with ink. Something about those old Wraiths just have a little more glide. I've had a couple good newer ones.

Looking at what I typed above I actually carry one more Wraith: an easy to replace stock 12x Star for forehands and shots where losing the disc is a real possibility.

I feel like the Envy takes a faster and lower line than Wizards. Wizard used to be my throwing putter, but I like the feel of Proxy/Envy better. Wizards are capable of magical things, but I found myself yanking one or two Wizard shots a round. Even though that's a me problem and not a disc problem, the switch to proxy/envy has more or less remedied that. Shallower rim feel works better for my not so large hands.