• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Xpress vs. Vision

Also, disc golf is a global family. Tomas from Lat64 is one of us.

I don't see how your narrow mindedness of my narrowminded thoughts helps dg :|

Discspeed summed it up perfectly.
Brand loyalty to the point of hating on other companies (whether domestic or international) is ridiculous and counterproductive to the growth of the sport...

I don't hate lat, I was only joking.

However, since were talking about it, I view growth of the sport moreso in figures of courses, tourneys, and leauges. Seems to me that dc and innova put in a lot of work for the sport in all three of those aspects while the new guys (excluding abc from what I've heard) are just trying to sell discs.

However, since were talking about it, I view growth of the sport moreso in figures of courses, tourneys, and leauges. Seems to me that dc and innova put in a lot of work for the sport in all three of those aspects while the new guys (excluding abc from what I've heard) are just trying to sell discs.

You do realize the Innova and DC started out just selling plastic. It wasn't until they got much bigger that they were able to get more involved with courses, tourneys, etc.
Lat64 is doing the same thing in Europe. Just because it doesn't affect you personally, doesn't mean that it's not affecting disc golf as a whole.

Seems like Vibram is pretty active...

:thmbup:
:)
:|

I'm not so sure about that. Jim keener had a hand in some of mi's first courses and dc has been involved with some local leauges for 20+ yrs.

Same goes for bells. They've been supporting local dg for years.

I'm not so sure about that. Jim keener had a hand in some of mi's first courses and dc has been involved with some local leauges for 20+ yrs.

Same goes for bells. They've been supporting local dg for years.

You really can't even start to compare the start of Innova/Discraft to the beginning of new companies...they were around at the beg. of the sport, so of course they would have much more of a hand in starting up a sport they were excited about, even if you reduced it down to simply investing in their product long term.

Also, if these companies are finding their niche in the market, be it diff. plastics or same molds with diff. names/better logos or something, that's totally fine by me. They're just starting out; they don't have nearly the $$$ or resources that the big dogs do to just build courses or start international tournaments. It'd be cool to find out how they impact their local areas, though, before just assuming that because they don't have the worlds biggest tourney yet that they're absent from the community.

I like the feel of lat plastic thats why I don't much Innova or Discraft, and I would chose a Vision. But to not support Lat 64 because there not American is dumb. One more question why the tag inside my Discraft bag say made in China? All american companies having things made in China is bad? No but don't say support American companies when there not helping support American's without jobs. When you can pay the Chineese pennies on the dollar.

I just throw whatever fits my style the best. Don't really care where it is made.

Just out of curiosity, how many people here bashing on foreign made discs drive a car that is made outside of the US?

Oh and I love the vision, flippy and doesn't really lose much stability. Mine is pretty close to how it was out of the box after a full year of playing 2-3 times a week and throwing it on about 50% of my drives.

Seeing that I was the one promoting the support of local companies, ill field that question....

I only drive american, but its not just about cars. All of my dairy and such is from within the state. Almost all of my suits and dress shoes are from the midwest. Even the majority of music I buy comes directly from the hands of the band members. If quality is on par, I will always suppot local. I follow an accordance of mi made, mid western made, us made, n american made.

Coming up "punk", I understand the importance of supporting one's local scene.

You really can't even start to compare the start of Innova/Discraft to the beginning of new companies...they were around at the beg. of the sport, so of course they would have much more of a hand in starting up a sport they were excited about, even if you reduced it down to simply investing in their product long term.

Also, if these companies are finding their niche in the market, be it diff. plastics or same molds with diff. names/better logos or something, that's totally fine by me. They're just starting out; they don't have nearly the $$$ or resources that the big dogs do to just build courses or start international tournaments. It'd be cool to find out how they impact their local areas, though, before just assuming that because they don't have the worlds biggest tourney yet that they're absent from the community.

Why can't I? Courses and leaugues are poping up all the time. What's stopping them from lending a hand? Even a small ctp donation would go a long way imo. I really don't care about "the largest tourney". My area lacks a tiers anyways... I really don't see how dc or innova at their beginings would have more resources then smaller companies do now. If anything, they have more resources with the internet handy.

If quality is on par, I will always suppot local.

This is very open for personal interpretation. I would argue that Discraft (and the big 3 US automakers) don't offer products on par with many offerings from elsewhere. The XL doesn't stack up to the River, Discraft doesn't really have much in the mid-speed(2.1-2.3 rim width) distance driver range (like the Flow/Havoc/Sword), or any overstable utility disc like the XXX, etc. If you are exclusively local you are depriving yourself of some fine discs.

This is very open for personal interpretation. I would argue that Discraft (and the big 3 US automakers) don't offer products on par with many offerings from elsewhere. The XL doesn't stack up to the River, Discraft doesn't really have much in the mid-speed(2.1-2.3 rim width) distance driver range (like the Flow/Havoc/Sword), or any overstable utility disc like the XXX, etc. If you are exclusively local you are depriving yourself of some fine discs.

Ok,
the XL is amazing, and I gave up my River because my Stalker was more consistent.

(discs between 2.1-2.3: Crush, Flash, Flick, Force, Pulse, Spectra, Surge)

Overstable utility disc: Have you thrown a NUKE OS, or Flick?

Tell Nate Doss that he is depriving himself.

Last edited:
Yeah, ill admitt that the river has really peaked my interest, but I can get 3 or 4 xl's for the price of one lat disc.

It'd be cool if lat sponsored some local players to hand pick some for me...

Ok,
the XL is amazing, and I gave up my River because my Stalker was more consistent.

(discs between 2.1-2.3: Crush, Flash, Flick, Force, Pulse, Spectra, Surge)

Overstable utility disc: Have you thrown a NUKE OS, or Flick?

Tell Nate Doss that he is depriving himself.

If by more consistent you mean it can't fly on as many lines, then I guess I agree with you. The Stalker is consistently one dimensional. The River flies similar to the XL, but glides more and flies with less effort. I'd call that better. I did forget how many 2.1cm rims they had, but most of those discs are pretty one dimensional as well...not to mention NOTORIOUSLY inconsistent (Crush, Flash, Pulse). The Flick is a niche driver that I don't see in many people's bags and I can't believe anyone would use the Spectra as an example of anything except a complete flop of a disc. The Surge/Force are great discs...but they still are lacking in the 2.2cm with nothing to really compete with discs like the Destroyer/Sword (which happen to be my favorite in terms of rim width, speed, and predictability). As far as OS utility goes, the Flick gets flippy at high speeds and the NukeOS, though awesome and in my bag, is too fast for what I consider a utility disc. The cruising speed is just too high for things like approach shots and midrange D on windy days. The Z extreme is a great utility disc, but it's OOP.

I'm not trying to bash Discraft, they are a great company and may be my #1 choice if I was going to be exclusive. My point is that they do not have the best of everything (nor does anyone else). Diversity rules.

Latest posts