• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] XT - New Plastic from Innova?

^Maybe it was just you... no offense of course

No offense taken. The XT Atlas held the line on an "ugly" throw, it just wobbled a little, so unlike my Champ and Star Atlas. I am interested to see if and how it ages. I am throwing tomorrow, hopefully I won't have any ugly throws.

I'd be excited for them to release almost a full line for XT the way they did for G*. I've had a couple of G* that I loved, I still carry a krait in my bag. It'd be nice to actually get a good review on this XT. Makes me think it's gonna feel more rubbery/grippy, but be as stiff and non flexible as McPro
If this is what you're looking for you will be disappointed. I stopped by our local disc shop on my lunch break yesterday and checked out the XT plastic. It's very rubbery and grippy, but not stiff at all. The comparison I would draw was that it felt somewhere between Vibram X-link Medium and X-link Firm. And yes, I compared it to Vibram for a reason. The XT discs felt like my Vibrams do. I know it's a different material, and I know they don't feel exactly alike, but my first reaction when I picked it up was that it felt more like a rubber disc than a conventional plastic disc.

If this is what you're looking for you will be disappointed. I stopped by our local disc shop on my lunch break yesterday and checked out the XT plastic. It's very rubbery and grippy, but not stiff at all. The comparison I would draw was that it felt somewhere between Vibram X-link Medium and X-link Firm. And yes, I compared it to Vibram for a reason. The XT discs felt like my Vibrams do. I know it's a different material, and I know they don't feel exactly alike, but my first reaction when I picked it up was that it felt more like a rubber disc than a conventional plastic disc.

If you're referring to the XT Atlas, it does have a soft XT rim like the Nova. Regular XT discs like the Roc and BB Aviar are made entirely from the firm XT plastic used in the flight plate of the Atlas. I actually think "more rubbery/grippy, but stiff and non flexible like McPro" is a pretty apt description of single mold XT discs.

Just wanted to update my original assessment of the XT Atlas. Threw Star vs Champ vs XT today for a complete round. Stability wise they are all pretty close, if I had to assess: Champ > Star > XT, but barely perceptible. The occasional ugly wobble I had with the XT a couple days ago vanished, must of had a bad day. The jury is still out on the XT plastic. Not as bright as Star or MVP / Axiom plastics. I have a pink with black rim, it reminds me of the old pink pencil erasers, in look and feel. I am curious to see how it ages and how it'll perform in the cold MN fall and winter months.

Just my opinions, for that they are worth.

If you're referring to the XT Atlas, it does have a soft XT rim like the Nova. Regular XT discs like the Roc and BB Aviar are made entirely from the firm XT plastic used in the flight plate of the Atlas. I actually think "more rubbery/grippy, but stiff and non flexible like McPro" is a pretty apt description of single mold XT discs.
I held several, and it's possible that the one I was basing my opinion on was a Nova. But I was looking at the Roc too, and none of the XT discs I fondled were stiff as I'd expected after reading this thread.

When and where will the roc and aviar molds be available? Will there be drivers in this plastic? Fairways at least?

I held several, and it's possible that the one I was basing my opinion on was a Nova. But I was looking at the Roc too, and none of the XT discs I fondled were stiff as I'd expected after reading this thread.

Which XT discs have you held? The Atlas and Nova are the only discs released besides the Japan Open weight BB Aviars and Rocs at Hero afaik. Were they test discs? Are you sure it was XT?

When and where will the roc and aviar molds be available? Will there be drivers in this plastic? Fairways at least?

The BB Aviar and Roc are available in 150 Open Class weights from Hero Disc USA.

The BB Aviar and Roc are available in 150 Open Class weights from Hero Disc USA.

Thanks! I overlooked those. I hope we get heavier ones. I would buy one from hero but I don't have enough order to justify shipping, especially since I 99% probably won't throw it.

Felt the XT Atlas over the weekend. Not that blown away. Kinda felt like medium softness driver Pro.

Not going to lie, I'm curious how the Roc and Aviar are going to mold up in max weight. Don't think I really NEED another Roc unless these start out more OS vs KC. It's not going to replace my KC Aviars, but it might give the Star Driver I have a test, but that thing has been working great off the tee so...

So g-star is a more flexible star?

How does xt, star, and champion plastic compare? Is xt a more durable KC plastic or is it a stiffer star?

It's a midgrade plastic. A grippier, more durable version pro plastic. I equate it more to the driver pro than the putter pro plastic, but I also don't use Innova putters. Uh. Except the Nova. Which is in this plastic.

So what you're saying is...

Innova stopped making standard Pro midranges and putters a while back, and made them (some of them) in R-Pro instead. Now they're going to make Pro mids and putters again. With a special name.

Innova stopped making standard Pro midranges and putters a while back, and made them (some of them) in R-Pro instead. Now they're going to make Pro mids and putters again. With a special name.

XT != Driver Pro

XT != Driver Pro

Just trying to give an analog. Clearly, it's a new blend. It's just closer in flex and feel to my PPDs and Pro Leopards than KC Rocs. It has a different texture than both. It's probably closest in texture to my Gravity Ghost or gateway eraser type feel.

I saw with my own eyes team stamped XT rocs and BB aviars. Who knows what molds they will actually mass produce but I'm guessing it will definitely be more than just the over molds. Plastic felt great by the way. Stiff but grippy

I am really hoping they release the XT roc soon. I would love to try it after being converted to the KC Pro Roc. I used to be a buzzz man for midranges but hot damn, not only is the KC Pro Roc my favorite mid now, I can't even look at the buzzz anymore.

Latest posts