• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yay Oregon!

runnaman

Eagle Member
Oregon is back to having 3 courses in the Top 10. I was very sad when Milo was bumped off. Glad to see it's back. :thmbup:

I hate you Oregonians so badly. But really Im more jealous than I can even begin to comprehend. How far are those courses from eachother? If theyre within a reasonable distance I may have to roadtrip sometime after visiting family in northern california.

Milo and Hornings are about an hour from Portland, in different directions. I believe Whistler's is about 3 hrs south of Portland.

If you were to come from the south, it would probably be almost two hours from Milo to Hornings. However, both areas are well worth spending an entire day at. If you wanted to make it a three days in the Portland, you could stay in Portland and play Pier and Dabney too.

If you're looking for a one day amazing disc golf trip.. check out ludington michigan. Flip City, Leviathon, The Farm, and all three courses at Mason County Park. It's easily a two day trip

You could also play Whistlers and play Dexter on your way back. There is also a bus, I think it a company, specifically for discgolfers that take them to different courses.

I remembered when I first played Milo it was #3 on the list and was more than happy to get the chance. Whistler's Bend was #5. This was only in Nov '09. It was a little sad to see it slide off the top but good to see it back (for now).

Ive played all three. The Bend get my top vote out of the three. Trojan is an underated course IMO which is also in the Portland area.

Horning's, Milo, Pier, Whistlers, Willamette, Adair, Timber, Dexter, LL Stub Stewart, Sororsis, Bryant...I love you Oregon, I'll see you soon my friend.

Horning's, Milo, Pier, Whistlers, Willamette, Adair, Timber, Dexter, LL Stub Stewart, Sororsis, Bryant...I love you Oregon, I'll see you soon my friend.

:) Me likey those too!

You could also play Whistlers and play Dexter on your way back. There is also a bus, I think it a company, specifically for discgolfers that take them to different courses.

Disc Van-Go is the name of the company and DC Dan is a great guy. He provides a big cooler for lunches and beverages and will take groups all over Oregon for DG. Worth looking into if you have a group that wants to make the rounds at Oregon's great courses.

PS
Oregon totally rocks.

One of my biggest regrets from my 2 1/2 years in Oregon was never playing Milo. I played with a group of guys almost every weekend at Timber but never made it the 5 or so miles over to McIver.

However, I did play Hornings' a handful of times and it was amazing. I'm back home in MI now and we have some really great courses here but Oregon was outstanding. My personal favorite course in OR has got to be Dabney. Cool course, great scenery, and lots of benchs and garbage cans.

i played ultimate when i lived in eugene- hadn't discovered dg at that point. may through october there is no more beautiful place on earth than the pacific northwest. the rest of the time it's like frigging london.

Played Horning's Hideout on my birthday Monday. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous, there was still and inch of snow all over the property. It was awesome.

As far as distance...Pier Park which is the closest to downtown is...

About 30-40 Minutes to Horning's

45 minutes from Milo McIver

2.5-3hrs to Whistler's Bend

Given you started early enough and it was a summer day with a lot of light all 4 could be played in one day.

Also Dabney State Park in Oregon and Leverich Park right across the river in Vancouver,WA are pretty sweet courses that shouldn't be missed if you're in the area.