• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yikun Disc Golf - Official Thread

Mini Review from Mini Throwing Session:

Drivers:
-Da'E: 175 G. This big rim 13 speed driver is definitely a meat hook. Rated at zero turn and a 3 fade in the Yikun site; I would agree wholeheartedly. At a short 250 ft chip, the Da'E is a pure hyzer behemoth that held up to slight winds beautifully. The profile (all can be seen on Yikun's site in my sig.) feels kinda like a wider rimmed Gateway Slayer. I know that's an obscure disc to compare it to but it didn't really remind me of other 12/13 speed hook discs like the giant, Xcal or others. I threw a few forehand rollers with it to solid results as well. I think this could end up being a great disc for the beef distance driver slot and it appears like it could season into a really neat disc.

-Jun: this is probably my favorite disc of the Yikun tester trio. The profile makes it appear like an under stable mold but in flight it really isn't flippy. I threw some shorter rips (275 ft. Longer distances to come) and it was just on a bullet line holding the release angle. I threw a few sick pan right shots with a touch of anny in the release and it flew on the anny until the very end. The flight (though very different looks) reminded me a lot of the Dynamic Renegade in that it was super glidey, straight and had a reliable fight at the end. I think this disc will develop into a hyzer flip monster and will result in some of my longest turnover lines.

Mid
-Yao: the profile reminds me a lot of the Hornet and for good reason. The flight of the Yao reminded me a lot of what I wanted the Hornet to originally be. It's fast for a mid but doesn't have near the glide of many other mids. Instead the Yao likes to fade, HARD. I threw it on some mean turnover lines with about 300 ft. Of power and it just pulled out and fought to the ground. Really a neat utility type mid that can also be pushed out to a solid distance. While the Yao isn't groundbreaking, it is 100% reliable in its fade. Again I think this mold will season really well and I fully intend to out them through a more thorough workout this weekend.

That's all for now. Get pumped. Yikun is making some quality molds :)!!!

All of their stamps are sick. Apparently designed by a famous Chinese artist. Already loving the reliable fade of the Yao and Da'E.

Played a Yao only round this morning. Write up to come later today.

This disc is a beast. I will be bagging it as the OS bookend of my mid game. Plastic, fade and great hand feel combine for a really strong mid.

Last edited:
I wish you guys the best of luck but don't understand the following from people in the USA on this product.

Companies in the USA cannot compete with a Chinese manufacture and no little kids are sewing grip bags or hot stamping innova discs not to mention the strict regulations on polymer creation here in the US and we have some of the best quality injection molding in the world. (china is largest importer of USA made plastic parts #10 overall in total usa exports-- we know plastic here )

If this company can provide info on WHO and what they actually are doing then great. We know the brothers at MVP, Steven D at Vibram and many others from Innova to DC as well as seeing actual manufacturing processes filmed. Great products sold by great people who run great companies and are an integral part of the DG community. In addition, US patent laws do not apply in China, resulting in the risk of copycat products.

I wish you guys the best of luck but don't understand the following from people in the USA on this product.

Companies in the USA cannot compete with a Chinese manufacture and no little kids are sewing grip bags or hot stamping innova discs not to mention the strict regulations on polymer creation here in the US and we have some of the best quality injection molding in the world. (china is largest importer of USA made plastic parts #10 overall in total usa exports-- we know plastic here )

If this company can provide info on WHO and what they actually are doing then great. We know the brothers at MVP, Steven D at Vibram and many others from Innova to DC as well as seeing actual manufacturing processes filmed. Great products sold by great people who run great companies and are an integral part of the DG community. In addition, US patent laws do not apply in China, resulting in the risk of copycat products.

Thank you!

This is the birth place of Yikun discs:
T2_oBcXy4XXXXXXXXX_!!71134998.jpg

This is where Yikun discs stored:
T2F1BbXutaXXXXXXXX_!!71134998.jpg

We promote disc sports as we love disc sports. We innovate and manufacture quality products as we want to serve this community better.

The three discs that I recieved are of the highest quality. You may be opposed to foreign manufacturing of disc, but you'd be doing yourself a diservice by not throwing their discs at least once. I'm really enjoying all three molds and I believe they will find themselves in a lot of players bags in coming months.

nice!! that's what I am talking about and think your products look great. I truly wish you the best of luck in your venture. Do use USA imported polymers by chance?

I would love to try some of these, I've been looking for a long distance voer stable driver. And the idea that the best plastics come from the US, all you need to do is try Latitude and you'd know that isn't true for Disc Golf.

I would love to try some of these, I've been looking for a long distance voer stable driver. And the idea that the best plastics come from the US, all you need to do is try Latitude and you'd know that isn't true for Disc Golf.

You will love the Da'E then. It's beefy but really covers some ground in the process. All three of their molds feel great and will likely garner a following upon a full release. I'm still torn on which mold is actually my favorite. I lean towards the Yao simply bc it does apsuch a great job of reliable fade.

The Jun though has massive glide and bombs over 375 with relative ease.

I got my three test discs and was pretty impressed with them. The plastic is of great quality, and the discs look really good too. I'd say the Dragon plastic is pretty comparable with Discraft Titanium while the Phoenix line is much like Discraft Z. Both blends are pretty hard, and very durable. I purposely threw these discs against a fence as hard as I could to test them. Hardly a scratch.

The midrange YAO was my favorite of the bunch. This is an overstable mid but has a nice degree of high speed turn to it before the end of flight fade which helps it to get good distance for a mid. This is a comfortable mid that I had excellent control with.

The JUN is about a speed 11 driver that is fairly understable. Its flight reminds me most of a Dynamic Discs Renegade. I have mixed feelings about this disc, I got some really long drives out of it, but also had it turn off to the right on me too many times on flat releases. A little to touchy for my out of control throws.

The DA-E is a solid overstable high speed driver. It's overstable, but I wouldn't describe it as meathook overstable. It worked well for forehand shots, and I was even able to get decent distance out of it backhand.

Anyways, the discs impressed me enough that we are ordering a batch of them, and will have them available for resell in however long it takes to get from China to Utah.

The View driver looks like a more modern stable Gazelle. I'm very interested. The Jun 11 speed is precisely what I'm throwing for distance, like a Surge-SS. I'd really like to try these out.

I got my three test discs and was pretty impressed with them. The plastic is of great quality, and the discs look really good too. I'd say the Dragon plastic is pretty comparable with Discraft Titanium while the Phoenix line is much like Discraft Z. Both blends are pretty hard, and very durable. I purposely threw these discs against a fence as hard as I could to test them. Hardly a scratch.

The midrange YAO was my favorite of the bunch. This is an overstable mid but has a nice degree of high speed turn to it before the end of flight fade which helps it to get good distance for a mid. This is a comfortable mid that I had excellent control with.

The JUN is about a speed 11 driver that is fairly understable. Its flight reminds me most of a Dynamic Discs Renegade. I have mixed feelings about this disc, I got some really long drives out of it, but also had it turn off to the right on me too many times on flat releases. A little to touchy for my out of control throws.

The DA-E is a solid overstable high speed driver. It's overstable, but I wouldn't describe it as meathook overstable. It worked well for forehand shots, and I was even able to get decent distance out of it backhand.

Anyways, the discs impressed me enough that we are ordering a batch of them, and will have them available for resell in however long it takes to get from China to Utah.

I'm a little surprised to hear your Yao had high speed turn. Mine was BEEF and would fight off a bucket of OAT very quickly.

I'll give that Jun a shot, probably can't gt it up to speed but new companies are always fun to test out. Who knows, maybe it'll be amazing and I'll be able to have a higher speed driver in the bag

So as a person working in plastics injection molding in the US, I must say that by the pictures of the factory, well done. I know what a plastics factory should look like. Now the place I work in is mainly medical device use, so the machines are newer. I believe you are providing a very nice work environment for your employees. Those look like a bit older machines, but they will do the trick. Good luck to you and I will gladly try your discs.

Latest posts