• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yikun Disc Golf - Official Thread

I am actually kind of jealous as my factory certainly does not have windows for us to look out. Your place looks both safe and clean, something that we as americans would not think to see in a Chinese factory.

Relevant to my interests.

Also, this thread is a minefield of racist comments (not all statements about race are racist).

Nobody seemed to mind discs coming out of Europe, but somehow Asia is a shocker. Supporting local business is one thing, but immediate dismissal of a foreign company is bizarre.

The Yao looks like a pretty solid beadless mildly-overstable mid. My favorite category.

The discs really look!!!!

Will they be available in Europe as well? E.g. Germany?
Would love to get my hands on them.

The discs really look!!!!

Will they be available in Europe as well? E.g. Germany?
Would love to get my hands on them.

Thanks!

In Europe, the Yikun Golf Discs will firstly be available in Netherlands, Finland and Poland. So far, we do not have partners in Germany, and we may send you individual package directly. Further contact: [email protected]

I hope everyone is getting excited for the US release next month!!

Yikun Discs are really well done. I truly think the Da'E is going to garner a lot of attention for its combo of stability and glide. I have yet to turn it over in field testing and I've ripped it on some monster flex releases. It also hold up amazingly in headwinds and my awful OATy forehand release. The Da'E is a big gun driver.

The Yao will also carve out a nice niche in the already crowded OS midrange category. It's reliable, beardless and has a sick stamp. That sounds like a combo that could really build up a following.

While the Jun isn't a groundbreaking mold, it feels super cozy in the hand, glides for days and has a seasoned 11 speed feel. Great for long hyzer flips, crushed annys and even smooth gliding hyzers. This disc flies similar to a renegade with a different hand feel. Those that gravitate towards the speed 11 rim size will likely fall in love with this disc.

Overall, I'm excited for everyone to have the opportunity to buy Yikun discs in the US and I appreciate Eric's correspondence and passion for the game. This company is going to go far in advancing disc golf throughout Asia.

Tested out some sort of a speed 11 flippy wraithy type of disc last night and it felt really nice and had one of the smoothest, fastest flights I have ever seen. Real good product.

Last edited:
I have been able to field test and play a couple rounds with these discs and I am really impressed with them. I received 2 plastic types (Phoenix line and Dragon Line) The Phoenix line YAO mid-range is definitely comparable to the Discraft Z-line plastic. The grip is great and the plastic is extremely durable. The Dragon line plastic is very comparable to the Latitude 64 Gold Line. I don't see the comparison to Titanium plastic but that is just me. The two drivers, Da'e and Jun, both came in the plastic. I really enjoyed the feel of the plastic in the hand. I am a huge fan of Latitude's GL plastic so I really enjoyed this plastic type.

YAO - I really enjoyed the YAO. It is a very beefy beadless midrange. I noticed that I could throw it dead straight and it would have a very healthy fade at the end. It also held great on spike hyzers and worked great for anhyzer flex shots. I wouldn't say it is as overstable as a drone but it is certainly more stable than a Wasp. I think a Hornet comparison is fair. It also reminded me a lot of my DD Verdict. The disc felt great in my hand. I have always been a Buzzz thrower so I am not a huge fan of the beaded mids. I enjoyed the beadless feel and the shallow rim. The disc doesn't feel bulky at all. I am a big fan of this mid.

The Jun - The Jun is a slower distance driver with a small rim. It was comparable to a DD Renegade as someone else said. It is a very workable disc once you dial it in. It took me a while to get used to it. I really enjoyed it for powered down shots. I was able to flip it to flat and have it fly a good ways. There is nothing that I really raved over about this disc though. Out of the the three that I received this was probably my least favorite.

DA'E - This disc is STABLE!! The one that I received is really domey and likes to finish left. It was comparable to an overstable Destroyer to me with more a dome. This disc is predictable and fast. I really enjoyed cranking this disc both backhand and forehand and knowing that it wasn't going to flip and burn. Really enjoyed this one.

Overall, Yikun has some good discs coming out and their plastic line is quality. I am impressed with the products.

16ga5o3.jpg

tahvg3.jpg

i4p8gl.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else throwing these babies yet?

Seems the reviews are all on point with Yikun

Yao = Hornet in better Z plastic
Jun = different rimmed renegade
Da'E = beefy destroyer with better glide.

Three very viable discs that can easily make someone's bag. I'm so impressed with these discs.

Thank you for your support, guys!

The first batch of Yikun golf discs have arrived at our partners' warehouse. Check them out at our current partners: Marshallstreet and Infinite discs. Enjoy the flying!

Eric

awesome prices at infinite right now.

These guys that run Yikun are awesome. Really out to take down the cheap China product stereo type. They were nice enough to kick some samples this way and even their new Ultimate mold (it's awesome) -

Their plastics are great for disc golf - Planning now to run my summer camp with their "tiger" plastic and can't wait to beat in a YAO and slide it into my bag. The Ti plastic type driver is also money! Support these guys, just having spoken with a few of them on the phone and skype the passion for disc sport is palpable - and they have some pretty sick means of production lined up for the next decade. Get on it now!

Latest posts