• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yo! Mid Atlantic, Anybody get a round in before the BLIZZARD of 2010?

walked half of hawk hollow yesterday- damage is fairly minimal on that side although hole 4 will be a bit easier once it thaws.

am going out to look at the back and letter holes shortly- just started snowing again which brings me to this:
Fwinter.jpg

walked the rest of the course in the snow... hole 14 basket area and hole G fairway (the 2 areas on the course with the most evergreens) are doing to take a bit of work but it's ok for the most part.

depends on the snow melt and (sure to be) ensuing flood. has to be ready for vti 3/20-21 so i'd guess 3/13-14 at latest.

i'm going to the bahamas for a week next saturday and loriella is the weekend after i get back so it will be hard to get anything done prior to that.

A week in the islands sounds perfect after the past few weeks for sure. :thmbup: Jamaica is my favorite one. :)

With the recent work crew stoppage @ Giles, I need to keep the Karma flowing. If you need some help prepping HH for VTI, I have most Sat. & Sun free for such activities. Really, just let me know.

See you @ Loriella.

A week in the islands sounds perfect after the past few weeks for sure. :thmbup: Jamaica is my favorite one. :)

With the recent work crew stoppage @ Giles, I need to keep the Karma flowing. If you need some help prepping HH for VTI, I have most Sat. & Sun free for such activities. Really, just let me know.

See you @ Loriella.

i've only been to the bahamas- my gf's dad keeps his boat there and goes down all the time. we stay on green turtle cay which is very small and completely non-commercial.

i'll keep you in mind for course work.

maybe we'll wind up in the same group at loriella...

you dont have any boots?

I have boots and waterproof shoes, I was saving the waterproof shoes for tomorrow and I did not bring the boots because I didn't plan on playing. I was down the road for work and the meeting was cut short so I had some free time and a disc in the back of the car.

Swatso told me Baltimore was unplayable, so I did not bring my stuff. He was right, but Silver creek is such a weak course, the snow actually makes it better.

Damn...playing with a broken toe in knee deep snow with short sleeves and running shoes! You win the most grizzled award.

I have to keep the ghetto mountain man rep going.
tha ladies at my school said I am officially a black man because I spent the night outdoors in a high gang area and lived. "No white dude would live through that, you are a ghetto mountain man"

Played the 9 holes at Redneck in Confluence, PA twice today. The snow was still right up under my knees on most of the course but it was almost 40 degrees with a light breeze. It was a beautiful February day for Disc Golf. And I know what Rube meant about taking off his jacket. I was sweating like a pig when I was in the sun.

Here are a couple pics, both of #2 with #8 also in the background of the 2nd picture. A few more pics are here...

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/album.php?albumid=618

picture.php

picture.php

Great pic all around. :clap: Jimb, I like redneck #9 the best. Prerude, keep icing that toe, it'll get better. Getting out for a couple rounds tomorrow. I so want to play the home course but not up for more trekking through snow and shoveling of tee pads. :thmbdown: Might stop by and check the joint out but end up going to Pohick and just playing a few rounds. :)

Great pic all around. :clap: Jimb, I like redneck #9 the best. Prerude, keep icing that toe, it'll get better. Getting out for a couple rounds tomorrow. I so want to play the home course but not up for more trekking through snow and shoveling of tee pads. :thmbdown: Might stop by and check the joint out but end up going to Pohick and just playing a few rounds. :)

Jrawk and I are going down to Richmond early tomorrow if you are interested in making the drive

Jrawk and I are going down to Richmond early tomorrow if you are interested in making the drive

Thanks for the invite. :) I might have jumped in but I already have plans with my usual Sunday partner to stay local. :doh: I would definitely take a rain check. :thmbup:

I'll try to remember to PM you when I go to Pohick Bay and Burke Lake

That works for me. Especially if you hit up Giles Run. :thmbup: Was just checking out your Road Trip thread. You be a DG road trippin monster!! :)

Latest posts