• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yo! Mid Atlantic, Anybody get a round in before the BLIZZARD of 2010?

dang i would of played Bryan Park today

I didn't want to write reviews for these 3 course because no matter what people write they get a majority of thumbsdown, I was reading the other reviews and some were good with several thumbsdown, but I threw out a review to test the waters so see if it was worth reviewing and suprise I get a thumbs down nearly immediately. So I don't think I'll waste my time reviewing Richmond if the locals are going to be so "friendly"

one of the reasons I am avoiding Richmond reviews

Last edited:
useless thumbs down

I didn't want to write reviews for these 3 course because no matter what people write they get a majority of thumbsdown, I was reading the other reviews and some were good with several thumbsdown, but I threw out a review to test the waters so see if it was worth reviewing and suprise I get a thumbs down nearly immediately. So I don't think I'll waste my time reviewing Richmond if the locals are going to be so "friendly"

Not to get off topic but this a case and point why I believe the thumbs down should be done away with. If you didn't get a thumbs up then it wasn't helpful, the thumbs down(with no feedback option) just turn people off from reviewing courses.

Prerube, I invite you and anyone else to come one back june 5th and play White Bank(really hoping the remaining 9 baskets get in by then), and if you want to play more courses then check out Dorey, Goyne, New hanover church, and the monster

Just thought of this as well, sorry for the double quote, but I had the idea of on each members profile they could rate all the courses they have played with out reviews. This would not have to be calculated into the overall ratings, but would allow others to see how courses rank to that player. So if like prerube said he doesn't want to write those review because of the thumbs down then I can still go to his profile and see that he thought bryan was a 4 and gillies a 3. I'm going to have to refind this thread I still think it's a great idea.

Not to get off topic but this a case and point why I believe the thumbs down should be done away with. If you didn't get a thumbs up then it wasn't helpful, the thumbs down(with no feedback option) just turn people off from reviewing courses.

Prerube, I invite you and anyone else to come one back june 5th and play White Bank(really hoping the remaining 9 baskets get in by then), and if you want to play more courses then check out Dorey, Goyne, New hanover church, and the monster

I have the monster on my wishlist, but I think if may have been on their from back before anyone reviewed it. I'll try to shoot you a PM before I go to Virginia again.

I should have PM'd you. I don't know why i didn't think to.

My next southern excursion will be to the Williamsburg/Norfolk/Suffolk area. I surely will not forget then. ;)

no prob, im very jelous of my friend who went to Farm Life in williamston nc while i was coaching a track meet in hampton

Middletown Park

Played Middletown Park this past Saturday. It was about 40 degrees out with 10-15 mph wind. The front 9 wasn't bad to play at all with only about 6" of snow left in most places. I was able to use footprints in the snow left behind from at least a couple people that had played the course recently.

But the back 9 was a mess. There was a thin layer of crusty snow on top. I stayed on top for the most part but when I broke through it was bad. The runoff underneath the ice/snow was 6" deep in places. And when you got off the ice and onto some bare ground, it was a mud hole.

I'm glad I got to play, but it's gonna take a while for the courses around here to dry up.