• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

hey beautiful people :)

i just ordered my first set of discs after playing once...
but it's 4 discs, not 3... am i still allowed to tell you about them?

guess i'm just gonna do it, may the admins decide ;)

ordered these beauties:

11/5/-2/2
8/5/-2/1
5/5/-1/1
2/4/0/1

as names and brands don't really matter to me i just give you the numbers of how they're supposed to fly ;)

what do you guys think? good set to start with? what if anything would you add to it?

cheers and thx for your input :)

ordered these beauties:

11/5/-2/2
8/5/-2/1
5/5/-1/1
2/4/0/1

as names and brands don't really matter to me i just give you the numbers of how they're supposed to fly ;)

what do you guys think? good set to start with? what if anything would you add to it?

Don't throw the SurgeSS/Archon/Mentor/Sea Serpent. Keep that 11 speed stuff in the closet for a while. It will dilute your progress and mask issues throwing that you may have. Give it a few months at least with the slower stuff, then maybe go back to the distance driver...I bet you'll buy more slower discs before that should join the bag again.

Good luck!

Don't throw the SurgeSS/Archon/Mentor/Sea Serpent. Keep that 11 speed stuff in the closet for a while. It will dilute your progress and mask issues throwing that you may have. Give it a few months at least with the slower stuff, then maybe go back to the distance driver...I bet you'll buy more slower discs before that should join the bag again.

Good luck!
mentor it is ;)

i did initially post that i know i might have trouble throwing the 11speed properly and might even struggle with the 8speed (rockstar) - but somehow this part of my post didn't show up...

so (if adding anything for now) you would definately go for some more slower ones?

thx for the reply :)

mentor it is ;)

i did initially post that i know i might have trouble throwing the 11speed properly and might even struggle with the 8speed (rockstar) - but somehow this part of my post didn't show up...

so (if adding anything for now) you would definitely go for some more slower ones?

thx for the reply :)

Short answer I'd say nothing over speed 8 for a year. There's so many variables so that isn't gospel, just a suggestion.

Telling us the molds you purchased, how you [dis]like their feel in hand, flights, etc. will absolutely help with suggestions and the route you may take with building a bag.

How To Build A Bag

Inside that link there's two more, DGR (discgolfreview.com/forums) used to be the prestigious technique/400 level discussion board before it went under. Many users like myself migrated here, which tended to be more social and beginner friendly. TimG (Mr. DGCR) was nice enough to host the site at my request so we can still access the old threads/technique information (humble brag thanks again Tim!!!!)

Choosing The Right Golf Disc
Disc Selection Overlap

Throwing drivers nose up, and having putters land near them was big motivator for improving form for me. If I got good at throwing putters 225', I probably wouldn't have been able to even throw a driver properly. I've read a lot about throwing slow speed discs exclusively for a period of time, and I'm 100% sure that would work for many people. I'm an oddball who likes variety.

To the topic,
165g Innova Star Wraith
175g Latitude64 Royal Trust
175g Discmania D-Line P2

Last edited:

ordered these beauties:

11/5/-2/2
8/5/-2/1
5/5/-1/1
2/4/0/1

Welcome to your new addiction.

Your next year is filled with YouTube videos, form threads, and field work.

Stage 1 is trying to rip. Plateau on distance
Stage 2 is upshots. Your distance is stagnant. Need to get closer to the basket.
Stage 3 is putting. You are getting a look and realize you can't putt.

Not that that is the right path, but it's common.

Just keep having fun. Practice is progress…sometimes. Don't get disc-ouraged

Well I could try something new, the first things that pooped into my head were plastic variations though. Haha.

Ohm
Hex
145g Tesla

Ohm for Comet lines and I'd figure out how much hyzer to putt with it...

Hex would BH/FH straight stable. Take the relay slot.

Tesla for controlled distance and all driving but back to the Hex if it's too breezy or stronger FH's.

Last edited:
Welcome to your new addiction.

Your next year is filled with YouTube videos, form threads, and field work.

Stage 1 is trying to rip. Plateau on distance
Stage 2 is upshots. Your distance is stagnant. Need to get closer to the basket.
Stage 3 is putting. You are getting a look and realize you can't putt.

Not that that is the right path, but it's common.

Just keep having fun. Practice is progress…sometimes. Don't get disc-ouraged
thx! i like new addictions!

what do you mean with trying to rip and upshots? you explained it but i still don't really get it, sorry.
been just playing once, remember ;) putting i get...

i thought putting might be the thing to start with and then work your way up the distance... am i wrong here?

and with "don't get disc-outraged" you are telling me sth like: don't buy a lot of discs. just buy a few and practice a lot? it's not the discs but how you throw them? pretty radical approach i guess :D

cheers!

Soft Wizard
Prime Emac Truth
Champ Eagle

I'd been carrying around 18 or so discs but have been wildly inconsistent so decided to go back to the drawing board. I really miss my Zone with this setup though.

I've just come to the realization, that I've enjoyed this thread a bit too much.
Epic
Oracle
Turbo Putter
*in my best Fred Sanford voice*

That's why they make bags, dummy. :p
Driver: Aerobie Epic

Mid: Generic unbranded promotional lid type stamped with the logo of a company that went out of business

Putter: TurboPutt
I'll give two away, and play a one disc round.
Franklin's starter set.
Blizz Aviar
Champion Roc
Glow Epic
How about:
Wizard
Buzzz
TeeBird

...just to have a well-rounded bag of classic molds from all time OG manufacturers.

Gone round and round with different molds and keep coming back to Aviar PnA, Roc, Eagle, all in DX

Gone round and round with different molds and keep coming back to Aviar PnA, Roc, Eagle, all in DX

I was hunting around for some DX Eagles but can't seem to find them anywhere hopefully we get another run soon