• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

I throw the Meteor more than my Roc, but the Leopard and Aviar would cover most Meteor shots. Roc for the overstability

EagleX
Roc
Yeti Aviar

I've been throwing this trio all summer for quick three in hand rounds

I could roll with this choice. For a few years I used only four discs: Valkyrie, Eagle-X, Roc, BB Aviar - all in DX.

I gave up carrying a bag of discs about five years ago and started playing simply carrying 3 or 4 discs in my hand. I started doing this for the fun factor but found I was playing better than ever this way. See the social group in my signature for more info or discussion on this.

For the past 16 months I've been using these three: Star Sidewinder, KC Roc, glow KC Aviar. So those would be my choices on the topic.

Works really well for me.

When I was just starting out:

Lightning #2 driver
dx classic roc
omega supersoft

These days:

Champ Thunderbird
Champ Roc3
Qmega

Might change the compass to a verdict depending on the course and wind.

Windy day:
Saint Pro
Verdict
Wizard

My local current course:
Wizard, M4, Firebird

The last course I reviewed:
Wizard, Wraith, Destroyer

I usually only carry 4, sometimes 5, but sometimes 3 too, depends on the course ...

... most often when using 3, it would likely be a Beast (X), Stratus, and an XD (or Colt) ...

I guess the Buzzz could pass for a driver if you really want.

For me, star Teebird, Z Buzzz, Ti Zone
I'm still new, and every thing goes about the same distance for me. Buzzz turns more for me, comet goes straight, and the roach lands softly.

I'm still new, and every thing goes about the same distance for me. Buzzz turns more for me, comet goes straight, and the roach lands softly.

All good discs. No judgement from me! And they're all good practice discs for a new player, so keep working at it.