• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

Fossil Wizard (seasoned)
KC Roc (seasoned)
Armor Tyrant (seasoned)

All three of these discs retain a lot of HSS when seasoned, while allowing for a nice manipulation of angles and lines. They all fight the wind quite well too.

G* Daedalus. CryZtal Meteor. Electron Ion.

I actually do these three-disc rounds from time to time. I carry:

Putter - Star Stud
Mid - Pink Panther
Driver - Star Tern

(Edited to add: the Innova Champion Starter Pack of Aviar, Panther, and Valkyrie would also be an excellent choice for this 3-disc challenge.)

Last edited:
I don't play by the rules...

so

Axiom Proxy
Discraft Avenger SS (Flx plastic)
Innova Glo Champy Eagle

1 putter and 2 drivers... :p

Funny how these change through time. I bet each time I picked 3 different discs.

Currently I would say:
Soft Pure
12x Teebird
and 150 class Champion leopard.

I too don't play by the rules :)

Wow. Just finished reading through this thread. I'm mostly new, but have thrown a pretty wide variety of discs (thanks to our local 'Play It Again' store's used disc bin).

Assuming I'm playing my local course...I think I'd go with:

Driver: Champion Leopard. I still mostly can't overpower this, and can throw nice s shots with it. It will take and hold hyzer and anhyzers.

Midrange: EMAC Truth. Holds lines well, and finishes with mild fade.

Putter: R-Pro Hydra. Good glide. Stays put after it lands almost as well as my Eraser Wizard. Offers the benefit of some recoverability from water hazard.

Last edited:
Champ Valkyrie. I can forehand & backhand it pretty competently and get some distance. Also powers down pretty well if needed.
Lucid Verdict. Great for hyzers, forehand & backhand approaches. My most versatile mid-range.
Zero Soft Spike. My only putter. Great from any putting distance and some short upshots.

Driver: CFR Glo Champ Firebird
MidRange: DX Roc3
Putter: Fuzion Judge

Firebird for serious placement drives, forehands, tomahawk/thumber shots, flex distance shots. Could swap for C-line DDx based on course and wind

DX Roc3 as a 300' and in driver along with basic backhand upshots. Plenty of glide, can still get some fade

Fuzion Judge for straight and understable drives 260' and under, straight upshots, and putting. Not ideal for putting but will still do well and the fuzion plastic keeps it from getting too warped.

Right now, I'd probably go with my beat-in ESP Surge for BH, FH, OH shots. Then my Truth for mid-range duties and my textured Ion for putting and upshots.