• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

JK Aviar X
N Soft Envy
C-FD
That's all I basically need.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

putter - DX Gator
Mid/Turnover driver -Opto Core
Driver - Champ Teebird

I love playing 3 disc rounds!

Depends on the course but I'm usually carrying the following some combination of the following:
Driver; Teebird, FD3, or Thunderbird
Mid: Buzzz, MD3, or MD2
Putter: P2, P1x, or Judge (depends on the weather/heat)

I'm going with:
Star Shryke
Champ Glow Mako3
XT Colt I usually putt with Aviars but for this round I'd elect to go with a putter I'm comfortable with throwing AND putting.

Wizard, Truth, Boss

^ 3 years ago answer. Only the Wiz remains in my bag presently

Today's answer:

- stable putter (Wizard)
- a stable to neutral mid (Mako or M4)
- a stable distance driver for longer fairways that I'm able to RHBH and RHFH (Wraith)

Pro Boss - Driver

Cyclone II til I lose it again, then my newly found Leopard - mid range

Aviar Driver - Short Approach, Putt

But come on now! Me heading out for 18 holes with just 3 discs? Get serious! It would be fun to try!

Last edited:
...But come on now! Me heading out for 18 holes with just 3 discs? Get serious! It would be fun to try!

I do it at least once a week, most times with only two discs. Depends on the course, but many of my best rounds learning (and scoring) are disc limited. YMMV.

I see some people carrying one or two discs and doing quite well. Others carry more stuff around. I usually have 10 or eleven driver / mid range choices and a putter. My Magnet was going flimsy and I switched to an Aviar, which hasn't always helped. Shows signs of hope like other areas of my game though. I want to try eliminating the putter completely on some rounds and just use drivers, mids. I'm always anticipating a fade after using the longer throwing discs, then when I try that using the putter it stays right on me. RHBH. Got to work on my backhand, probably only a 200 or 210 foot. Early on though with backhand. I hope it didn't rain too much today, I might get out to the course tomorrow - day off ! Oh, you may have noticed tournaments in your area like here where they give you three discs to use (unreleased prototypes ) . I was asking at the disc shop what if you lose a disc or two. Tough, that's the answer.No spares LOL. I said so I could wind up 7 or 8 holes from the finish with only a putter or nothing left? It would be the same for everyone still fun competition. I've never tried a tourney, but
have considered it. Trying to improve some , maybe sometime.

But come on now! Me heading out for 18 holes with just 3 discs? Get serious! It would be fun to try!

Best way to improve your game. Give it a try for a few weeks and you may be surprised.

I still do it quite often when I just feel like a quick round and to gauge my progress (been doing it for 3 years) and it's always the same 3 discs;
Yeti Aviar
KC Roc
Star Eagle-X

Last edited:
I used to only carry 3 discs wraith, Cobra, and putter. I got the bug and have over 20 discs now. Picking 3 disks is a bit tough depending upon the course. My three options

Option 1
----------------
Star Wraith - driver
Champion Mako3 - Midrange
Px1 Dismania - putter

Option 2
-----------------
Blizzard Boss - driver
Buzz - midrange
PX1 - putter

IF the course is a short course I may opt for the Star TL instead of a longer distance driver.

Kc pro Aviar
Buzzz
Thunderbird

And my scores would be the same or lower than when I carry the whole bag

Latest posts