• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

Just made this decision for 3 discs to keep in the trunk of my other car for playing an unexpected round:

Classic Aviar
DX Roc
Champ Thunderbird

This is not much different from my earlier post a couple years ago:

Pro Wraith
FLX Buzzz :thmbup:
Soft Judge

My late night inspiration, without looking at my previous ones. Three discs would be a bit easier than putter-mid-driver.

Z Undertaker
Z Buzzz
Plasma Ion

This changes so often for me:

So here it is again:

VIP Boatman
Pre-Mac Lucid Truth
The New TC Origio Maiden

These should cover all lines since I am a 50/50 BH/FH dude

I did the three disc challenge on my Florida vacation.
discs: Star Eagle, DX Roc, BB Avair.

All discs were new, as I wanted to truly learn with to use these particular discs.
I was able to score really well in the rounds that I shot at Cliff Stevens. Shot a -4 under and -6 under. I feel that I may have had more birdies overall with a longer driver, which would've lead to more potential bogeys as well.

I am learning to carry less discs and use angles more.

-Organic Scale (not my usual putting putter, but it's close enough and covers a lot more potential shots)
-Amber Gila (the less stable of my two) - unless you let me count the Andro C (speed 6) as a mid. It's a lot more versatile and thus better for this particular exercise
-First Run Tyrant. I stumbled on one that's really domey and glides more relative to ordinary Tyrants and it flies beautifully for a wide variety of shots

I did the three disc challenge on my Florida vacation.
discs: Star Eagle, DX Roc, BB Avair.

All discs were new, as I wanted to truly learn with to use these particular discs.
I was able to score really well in the rounds that I shot at Cliff Stevens. Shot a -4 under and -6 under. I feel that I may have had more birdies overall with a longer driver, which would've lead to more potential bogeys as well.

I am learning to carry less discs and use angles more.

This gives me an idea of a vacation/travel set. Say your on vacation in Hawaii, and you decided not to bring your discs because you just wanted to relax. All of a sudden you spot a basket and get a serious hankering to throw some plastic in this beautiful landscape. The discs would have to be easily accessible just in case there is not a proper disc golf store in the area. I would go:

Teebird/TL - Big 5
Mako3 - Dick's
Aviar PnA - Dick's, but sometimes see an R-pro at Big 5

I would also throw the Innova DX Starter set in a pinch.

Which plastic type is the rhyno? I used to use champion and loved it.

This gives me an idea of a vacation/travel set. Say your on vacation in Hawaii, and you decided not to bring your discs because you just wanted to relax. All of a sudden you spot a basket and get a serious hankering to throw some plastic in this beautiful landscape. The discs would have to be easily accessible just in case there is not a proper disc golf store in the area. I would go:

Teebird/TL - Big 5
Mako3 - Dick's

I do that. Usually carry a mid and putter when i fly and buy a couple more once there. I'm always lighter when coming home so i can pack extra discs coming back. PIAS is also good when traveling.

Wizard
Comet (new fave mid)
Leo

(Form over power)

Today

SSSWiz
Beat old DX Sanny Roc
171 champ Valk

Teebird/TL - Big 5
Mako3 - Dick's

I ALWAYS BRING DISCS ON VACATION!!!
They too some times NEED a vacation from all the trees here in Wisconsin.

I ALWAYS BRING DISCS ON VACATION!!!
They too some times NEED a vacation from all the trees here in Wisconsin.

Man, I would love to need a break from that. Here in Illinois we mostly have wide open flat space.

In other news... right now,

Pro Leopard
Buzzz of some sort
Omega SuperSoft

Driver: I'm still sticking with the Discraft Heat here. It's such an easy disc to get distance with.

Midrange: I'm a Buzzz convert now. Took me a while. I refused to give up on my mako and mako3, but now, I wouldn't trade my glo buzzz for any other midrange.

Putter: As much as I love my rattlers, there's no single disc that gets more use in my bag than the Discraft Zone. Not my favorite to putt with, but without a doubt my most useful approach disc.