• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

Discraft:
Ringer
Comet
Trasher

DGA:
Breaker
Squall
Rogue

Prodiscus:
Jokeri
Stari
Laseri (earlier run ones)

Champ Starfire
Titanium Buzzz
Eraser Wizard

The mid and putter were easy, being really my go-tos in those categories, but the driver was tougher...depending on line/distance/conditions/general feel, I use 4 or 5 different drivers in a given round in a crudely 30/25/20/15/10 percentage distribution overall.

The starfire wins that choice over my gstar boss by a really narrow margin, being the one I generally have the easiest time hitting a given line, if at the cost of some distance.

Last edited:
Man, some real classics and some odd ones too when you look back at the posts from 2013.

If I had to go driver, mid, putter today I'd likely go

Trespass
MD3
P2

If I had to pick just three discs it would probably be

Trespass
Harp
P2

Between the P2 and the Harp I can cover most any shot that I could with a mid.

Timberwolf, deflector, woodchuck

eh, as I've been trimming down discs to carry around in the winter, I've been thinking about this more.

Part of what makes the woodchuck so awesome (its flexibility) creates its own set of problems if you are playing in the woods. Even the slightest branch strike robs the elastic performance plastic of energy and the woodchuck dies in its tracks. But it's too useful to me out in the open to give it up.

Similarly, the timberwolf is the most reliable driver I have and is consistent for me in all but the windiest days I play, but that's not enough for me to replace it.

So that leaves the third slot which I had the MVP deflector. The deflector is nice and OS, you can get a nice flick flex shot with it... it's a really good disc and can fight winds if I can't fly the timberwolf. But the more I think about it, the more I realize how much I rely on my z-flx buzzz. It's too useful of a disc for me, so I'm going stable mid (buzzz) and stable driver (timberwolf) rather than OS anything

So yeah, now in a bag of three, it would be the:
Woodchuck (elastic performance)
Buzzz (Z-FLX)
Timberwolf (flex performance)

Whatever amazon specials Simon threw in that video.

That company makes 2 sets a set that is the old Pluto driver, Saturn midrange, and Mercury putter for the old instep set that could be bought with the basket or without and now the other set that was used later with the Instep basket, well a knock off of the knockoff before the set that ESP now makes for Instep baskets and sells seperatly.

The old Pluto driver, Saturn midrange, and Mercury putter a single set my brother got them from somebody who had bought the Instep basket as it was the only usable basket under $100,as the lightweight Franklin basket was and still is bad and the Wham-O basket used rope for the chains at the time but since switched. Anyhow the Instep discs had a logo that looked like a bad reproduction of the Saturn car logo. None of the discs were not at least micro dented after he threw the discs or putted with the putter trying out the set, they were that soft. Only disc softer in durability was the Discwing brand disc the Quarter K.

As of now,

Star TL3
Ti Buzz SS
Luna

As of now,

Champ Leopard
ESP Buzzz
Luna

Reasoning- I can throw a variety of shapes with the Leopard and it's close enough to my max distance (Teebird3). The BuzzzSS used to be required for me to throw straight or anny, but now I can juice up the regular Buzzz just enough to work. Luna is the same because Paul McBeth is my power animal.

Last edited:
Classic Blend Warden
Z Wasp
Opto Explorer