• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You Know You're A Regular When...

TalbotTrojan

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
With the success of the Addicted to Disc Golf Thread and the stark realization that I may be more than just a course guide at La Mirada, I decided to see what y'all could come up with for knowing when you are part of the regular crowd at a particular course.

For me today it was...

You know your a regular when you get frustrated at groups that are confused by the new course pin positions and you feel the overwhelming urge to make sure they play the course the way it is supposed to be played.

Or

You are walking through the huge regional park and say hello to at least 50% of the people you pass.

For me it was when I realized I hadn't looked at any of the signs in so long I forgot what they looked like.

when you no longer know any of the distances - just what disc your going to pull out and throw on each hole.

you know you are a local when

you have a nickname given by other locals or yourself and a t-shirt made accordingly. It can even be a homemade white t-shirt written in magic marker. some examples; hogman, throwman and the grizz.i

You stop putting your phone number on your disc. Just your name...and you get them back.

If a disc with my name on it shows up in a used bin, I get at least 3 phone calls.

I'm a "local" at 4 courses in 3 citys. I've been playing the same wed night mini for 3 years. People think I designed and help develope our newest course (I didn't and take no credit). I've had some crazy hair over the years, no mistaking me. To say I know hundreds of disc golfers on a first name basis is an understatment.

When you pull into the parking lot and can identify exactly who all is on the course due to vehicle recognition!

-or-

When you know your friends discs so well that you can indentify what type of disc (make/model) that someone is getting ready to throw, or has thrown in your group (or even another group on a different hole) just by the color.

Last edited:

Latest posts