• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] You throw Swans

Would you buy a VIP Swan?

• Absolutely

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • No way

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Whats a Swan?

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
I actually pawed quite a few Swans last week. Felt nice, but I didn't pull the trigger. My putters are set, I was pretty much looking for a shorter, neutral woods approach disc and ended up buying a Fluid Judge instead.

Scale, Wizard, Swan is a great putter pairing. Been loving that setup.

I think even more awesome would be driving set-

VIP Harp, Opto Pure, VIP Swan

I putt with a Medium Swan but would love one that was durable for turnover drives. The disc just feels awesome in my hands and releases clean. Perfect disc.

I like swans but the rim feels odd to me. I would think about it as an understable Harp compliment, but then again the VIP harp is much more understable than a BT anyhow.

but then again the VIP harp is much more understable than a BT anyhow.

Interesting that you feel that way, I've had really the opposite experience with my Harps. My fairly beat BT medium Harp is wonderfully glidey and gives me easy distance on a slow throw with a bit of turn and a reliable fade. My VIP Harp on the other hand I have to really put some power into to keep above the ground and moving straight before dumping off real hard!

Back on topic, yeah I might give a VIP Swan a try, but would be even more interested in an Elasto Swan. That would be sweet!

Interesting that you feel that way, I've had really the opposite experience with my Harps. My fairly beat BT medium Harp is wonderfully glidey and gives me easy distance on a slow throw with a bit of turn and a reliable fade. My VIP Harp on the other hand I have to really put some power into to keep above the ground and moving straight before dumping off real hard!

Back on topic, yeah I might give a VIP Swan a try, but would be even more interested in an Elasto Swan. That would be sweet!

Dang how could I forget about Elasto? No doubt Elasto is even sweeter!!!

I'd buy a stack, Swans rule. :D

I like my swans for putting but I'm not crazy about them for driving.

That elasto idea sounds pretty sweet for upshots though. Also elasto shield please.

I'd even preorder them, sight unseen, at a premium price.

I bought a BT soft Swan, pretty sweet I wish I'd snagged it a little lighter than 175. Nice putter it flies like a slow Tursas unfortunately that's what makes it redundant right now.

That is very funny, even with almost a year or wear my BT Soft Harp is still more OS than my fresh VIP. I would love to try the TP or Elasto im them though. I might just order a TP Harp from DD Dyemax to try.

Come to think of it I would love an Elasto Shield also.

So c'mon Westside make me an Elasto Shield and Swan and make me happy!

I contacted Westside via email to see what they say, worth a shot to make my dreams come true.

Got an email back, sad news.

--------------------------------

Thanks for your email. Actually swans cannot be made in vip, tp or
elasto because their weights gets over the Pdga limits when using
premium plastics, at least for the time being. Air plastic has not yet
been tried on any putter.

The Harp was tricky to do in Vip and it took us three attempts, same
overweight problem there before we got the settings right. Shield is not
yet tried because we are running existing molds and new march releases
24/7 right now

Best regards,

Jp

Got an email back, sad news.

--------------------------------

Thanks for your email. Actually swans cannot be made in vip, tp or
elasto because their weights gets over the Pdga limits when using
premium plastics, at least for the time being. Air plastic has not yet
been tried on any putter.

The Harp was tricky to do in Vip and it took us three attempts, same
overweight problem there before we got the settings right. Shield is not
yet tried because we are running existing molds and new march releases
24/7 right now

Best regards,

Jp

Hmm, that is kinda sad news. It makes me wonder though; why is it Discraft and Innova are able to make their top putters (ie aviar and banger gt) in premium plastics and keep them within the weight limits while Westside can't?

Hmm, that is kinda sad news. It makes me wonder though; why is it Discraft and Innova are able to make their top putters (ie aviar and banger gt) in premium plastics and keep them within the weight limits while Westside can't?

At least they know there is demand.

I agree that every other putter seems to be made in premium plastic yet for Latitude it seems very difficult. JP is also a little misinformed, Johne McCray already has a TP Shield in his in the bag video. Maybe it was run in such small numbers he was not aware of this.

I think they are really missing the mark by not prioritizing premium plastic putters. It could deter people from throwing such discs. Maybe they don't realize how often putters are actually used. I throw putters more then any other disc. Most shots under 280 are putter shots so during a round putters are thrown the most usually.

Latest posts