• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Disc Golf Family Portrait

That's just from 15 years of playing semi-seriously. My Wife actually gutted the collection a few years ago on ebay, sold all the good CE stuff and such. There were a lot of sweet discs that went out the door at that point.

Did you know she did this at the time? That could be grounds for divorce :p

My Wife actually gutted the collection a few years ago on ebay, sold all the good CE stuff and such. There were a lot of sweet discs that went out the door at that point.

Did you know she did this at the time? That could be grounds for divorce :p
I had no idea she was doing it. :mad:

Are you interested in selling some of the WHAMO discs? Do you have more 86 molds other than the one showing? White SOFTIES are on my "trade for" list.
Well, that picture is actually a year or so old. Those 86 (the disc underneath it was an 86 as well) are gone, I traded them a while back. There is a Piranha in the picture that is gone as well.

Did she keep the money for herself or share it with you?
It's a long story. We choose not to talk about it anymore.

At the time the discs were hidden in a back storage area where I could not easily see them. Once I figured out what was going on, I set up the little disc display in the picture. It would be a lot harder for her to sell a bunch of them without me noticing now.

Just for fun I'll post this link: http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=1974 The disc in the picture was mine. That's my living room floor in the background. Disc golf sweden must have copied the picture off the listing when it was on ebay.

Innova did me a big favor when they re-released the Ontario Roc. I had at least 40 Ontario Rocs, and my Wife was selling them for $50.00 a pop on ebay. Then Innova re-released the disc and all of a sudden they started selling for less than $20.00 on ebay. I overheard my Wife bitching about it on the phone, and that's when I checked my discs and figured out what was going on.

divorce court or some really rough sex would have resulted in that dilemma! LOL ....anyways, lemme know if you wanna sell me some of those KC Pro rocks for a decent price ;-)

No, it just happens that way. I get most of my discs in trade. Plus I like colors that I can find easy if I have a bad throw.

My fav is orange i'll trade you that orange hydra for a yellow one.

No photos of the whole family yet. But I'm sad to say that my DG Family decreased in size by one yesterday. I was working on a course layout for the local middle school. It was getting too dark and I was throwing some new lines in the woods. I was only throwing four discs but somehow a bright orange Star Aviar must have been carried away by the dg gremlins. I went back today and still couldn't find it. I think that I'm going back tomorrow with my leaf blower!!!!

View attachment 475

Having my fingers crossed, hoping that the course plan goes through probably has something to do with the errant throw. It really makes it hard to grip the disc. ;)

Went out to with a leaf blower to see if I could find my lost Star Avair yesterday.... and the stinkin' thing wouldn't start!!!! :mad: So I worked on my "Dan Beato" driving technique and worked on some rollers. I really hate rollers but I totally see where they're absolutely the appropriate throw in the right situation. It just doesn't seem right, though. They're called "flying discs" not "rolling discs." I guess that I'm going to have to get over my preconceptions and stereotypes of what discs are supposed to do. :p

So today, since my shoulder is dragging the ground from far to many jerks on the leaf blower cord and far to many drives, I decided that I'd better not throw any today. I reluctanly took the trusty leaf rake in hand and went on my quest for the lost Star Aviar. And in less than five minutes I found the bad boy... 90% covered in leaves and camouflaged quite nicely. The family was very glad to see their friend! :)

only been playing for about 6 months but here is whats in my bag

166 Innova Sidewinder
175 KC Pro TeeBird
175 Star Wraith
165 DX Wraith

150 Champ. Valkyrie
150 LS Polaris
142 Innova Ace (this is my sons disc)
??? Discraft Xpress

175 Innova Cobra
174 Innova Stingray
160 Discraft Cyclone
168 Innova Birdie

Attachments

• 102_2262.jpg
    102_2262.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 40
8-11019.jpg

TOP--LEFT to RIGHT
Star Orc--Elite Z Surge--Elite Z XS--Star Wraith

MIDDLE--LEFT to RIGHT
Star Wraith--Star Wraith--Star Destroyer--DGA Rogue

BOTTOM--LEFT to RIGHT
Champion TEEBIRD--Crystal Z Challenger--Champion Rhyno--VooDoo

This is my bag(as of today)...

d.w.g. do you spend alot of time looking for lost plastic? nice looking collection but hard to find in the woods i bet.

I haven't been playing that long, and the course that I usually play is mostly open, so I haven't had to look for my discs that much... I did lose one back in September, and just a couple weeks ago a buddy of mine found that disc!!! Here are 8 of the 10 discs that I have found since I started playing...

8-11020-1.jpg

TOP--LEFT to RIGHT
Stratus--Eagle--Xpress--Tsunami

MIDDLE--LEFT to RIGHT
Cyclone--Crush--Wraith--Wraith

BOTTOM--LEFT to RIGHT
Gateway Hybrid--Destroyer

I also found a Starfire(that cracked this winter after I drilled a tree with it) and a Monarch that I gave to a guy that loves that disc...

Maybe someday I will get to a course that is tougher than C.P.Adams....

8-11019.jpg

TOP--LEFT to RIGHT
Star Orc--Elite Z Surge--Elite Z XS--Star Wraith

MIDDLE--LEFT to RIGHT
Star Wraith--Star Wraith--Star Destroyer--DGA Rogue

BOTTOM--LEFT to RIGHT
Champion TEEBIRD--Crystal Z Challenger--Champion Rhyno--VooDoo

This is my bag(as of today)...

The destroyer looks badass.