• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your First Disc

I did a search and didnt find anything. This is what you remeber about your first disc. Company/Model/Weight and what drew you to it.

My first disc was an Orange Discraft Maurader weighing in at 174g. What drew me to this particular disc is it was recommended to me by the guy at Lee's sporting good store in Kalamazoo, Mi. The disc had a sparkle purple "Cowboy" stamp.

Mine was a Marauder too. :hfive:
Mine was 178g white with a red stamp. I lost it in the woods on the right of hole 12 at Chili in like 1996.

DX Circle Stamp Shark, probably 2001 or 2002. I've long since lost that specific one, but I've gone through many since and still throw them to this day.

Lightning #3 Flyer....then I bought a #2 Upshot for putting....then I bought an XL and Omega SS, and traded XL for CE Valkyrie and never looked back from there....

Champ Banshee and a Sonic. I recently scooped up a dog turd in the back yard with pieces of the sonic in it (it was already busted and useless, but what a way to go!) and the Banshee I lost, got a call on, then the guy refused to take my return calls and kept the disc :mad:

DX Viper. I found it, threw it for 6 months, and gave it to another newbie. Wish I still had it, of course.

This is what you remeber about your first disc. Company/Model/Weight and what drew you to it..

148g DX Shark. Actually, similar weight Aviar and Leopard too, as they were pa\rt of the Innova starter pack. Played a few solo rounds and lost interest. I got back in it a few years later and could only find the Shark. Was tossing it at my grandparents' house and it flew into a creek. It's probably somewhere on the bottom of Lake Erie.

148g DX Shark. Actually, similar weight Aviar and Leopard too, as they were pa\rt of the Innova starter pack. Played a few solo rounds and lost interest. I got back in it a few years later and could only find the Shark. Was tossing it at my grandparents' house and it flew into a creek. It's probably somewhere on the bottom of Lake Erie.

I had the same starter pack. They lasted maybe 10 rounds before the 150g became too light. Upgraded to a 175g DX shark and played mostly with that and the putter for the next few months before I got my first driver, a 171g champ Orc. I still have the 175g Shark and Orc, and throw both quite often.

Lightning D-1 I think it was. Still have it in the closet. Maybe I'll see how it flies now that I can throw it a bit further.

A 150 class DGA Squall and 150 class Reef.
Still have them both (the Squall is on the wall w/ my 1st ace info!)

The one that started it ALL, from my Innova Starter Kit back in 2003, which also included a Leopard and a Shark!

IMG_3770.jpg

I played for years with big ultimate lids, and I think I had thrown like, a Phenix and a Moray, but the first golf discs I ever got was gifted to me....an old barstamp Archangel when I was in high school. That thing was the bees knees (have two aces on that disc!)

Was a dayglo green Champion Valk. It was a great disc, I used it as my only driver for a few years. After I became more skilled, I passed the disc on to be little brother who used it for some time before it was lost.

It's too bad, really, because I bet that Valk would be worth a pretty penny these days.

Elite X Stratus. Still have it, but its been retired. I still carry one in my bag though. Wish it was made in a more durable plastic.

My first discs were from Dick's Sporting Goods... DX Orc, Valkyrie, Shark and Aviar P&A. I quickly got stupid... not knowing about discs and disc golf I was sold by the marketing. Two months in to playing I was adding a Boss because, well... its supposed to go 832ft!!

My first golf specific disc 1980:

picture.php

Before this I used catch (freestyle) Frisbees.

this, but i consider it a frisbee. so i my first disc was this: discraft phantom plus prototype. don't remember the weight. a friend had a phantom, so when i went to buy one, it was this or an xd, and i didn't like the feel of the xd. ~1985

$(KGrHqN,!qEF!GfkIpusBQNqv+FbT!~~60_35.JPG

first discs - dx stingray (found) and black proto wizard. had been using borrowed discs up to that point. i found that stingray during my 3rd or 4th round ever, and a friend of the guy who introduced me to the game gave me the wizard after that round.