• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Your go to anhyzer disc, short and long.

Since anhyzer is the angle that you release the disc from, I have no single answer for this question. It all depends on what I want the disc I do after I release it. I throw RHBH. So using mids for my "anhyzer release" example.

If I want my disc to stay right and not come back left at all, I use a Stingray.
If I want my disc to flatten out some, but not come back hard, I use a Buzzz.
If I want my disc to flatten out and turn back left, I use a Hornet.

Now, if you're asking what disc do I use to turn right, with a neutral, or even hyzered release, then the answers are.

Putter, beat in DX Aviar P & A.
Mid, DX Stingray.
Driver... probably the weakest spot in my bag right now. I use a Dragon, and don't love it. I have a beat in JLS and a Champion Sidewinder that I want to try in this slot, but just haven't put in practice time in with them yet.

I just tried the Dynamic Witness today for the first time. I could see this disc being pretty good for longer anhyzers.

Tursas for short, Underworld for long. These two have been absolute revelations for me. Totally changed my game since I have yet to develop a consistent forehand.

Beat KC Pro Roc, Beat Champ Leopard, Beat Champ Sidewinder. I get squirrelly when I put hard anny on so I like understable for those shots. Slight anny is more than enough to turn right consistently.

Latest posts