• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Your go to anhyzer disc, short and long.

181g GL Fuse, such an easy disc to throw and sneaky long.

175g GL River, such an easy disc to throw and sneak long.

I have thrown a lot of discs in my bag on annie lines, depends on the shape of the shot needed.

My favorites would be:

Short: Beat Z BuzzSS
In Between: Beat 11X Champ Eagle-L
Long: Beat Pro Starfire

I don't know if anyone has touched on it thus, far because I didn't read the whole thread, but being able to control anhyzers comes down to angle of release and spin control. I believe players that have nice "touch" on their anhyzers have both of these aspects down. If you can control the amount of spin on the disc you will know exactly how much a disc will turn, when it will come out of an anhyzer, and what angle to realease the disc at.

A disc will fight out of an anhyzer and finish left (RHBH) when it runs out of spin. An anhyzer thrown with too much spin will crash right (RHBH). Just the correct amount of spin and the correct release angle and the disc will turn and glide/track to the right and land nice and flat. That's spin control broken down simply, but when throwing an anhyzers other variables to consider are disc speed, disc stability, wind conditions, angle of release, etc. The players that have "touch" can equally account for all these variables and execute the shot properly.

If you say your anhyzers just burn hard into the ground to the right I suggest not throwing them with so much spin or perhaps so hard and also giving them more height. Anhyzers often need more air space to work. An idea to help illustrate my thoughts and for you to practice your spin control is to try and throw a really flippy disc on an extreme anhyzer angle but still give it enough air and minimal spin so it comes out of the turn and lands flat.

Hope this helps. I apologize for the dissertation, sometimes I am a little long on wind. PM or post more questions if you want to DISCuss it more in depth. LOL

Distance - Innova 4x JK Champion Valkyrie
Fairway - Innova 11x KC Pro Cheetah
Midrange - Discraft Elite X Comet
Putter - Gateway Magic

Aviar, roc, and teebird can all be thrown anhyzer without a whole lot of fade back.

Its true you can throw an anny line with any disc, but its the disc that holds that perfect mirror image line to a sweeping hyzer, every time, thats hard to find in a reliable mold.

I prefer understable discs to super beat discs, because they maintain thier predictibility better right from the start, which makes it easier to concentrate on the target, and not my form.

Star Wedge for shorter, VIP Northman for longer.

its the disc that holds that perfect mirror image line to a sweeping hyzer, every time, thats hard to find in a reliable mold.

Well that's a pro leopard. Beat it in for an afternoon and enjoy for many many months.

However, you are risking a roll without at last a little fade. That's why I've gravitated to the teebird.

Last edited:
really depends on if i want it to finish left or right but if i want it to hold the anny and finish out flat ill usually throw my seasoned Pro-Line Leopard or Star Sidewinder if i need the extra D.. been messing around with the beast some and so far really like it too but i usually throw it if i want it to fade out at the end of its flight.. or Teebirds if its shorter

Its true you can throw an anny line with any disc, but its the disc that holds that perfect mirror image line to a sweeping hyzer, every time, thats hard to find in a reliable mold.

I prefer understable discs to super beat discs, because they maintain thier predictibility better right from the start, which makes it easier to concentrate on the target, and not my form.

Star Wedge for shorter, VIP Northman for longer.

I am really surprised I haven't seen more than 1 mention of the Star Wedge... this disc is AMAZING. such an easy disc to throw, as CJ mentioned - its the disc that holds the complimentary line to a sweeping hyzer.

Get a Wedge - thank us later.

for the longer shot - I like my Opto Vision.. it did take some 'love' to get it broken in a little and turning nice, but I love it

If I have some height I'll use an overstable disc like a banshee or trident. Makes for a flat landing and a beautiful shot if pulled off correctly. If I don't have much room I'll use the Trak, Beat DX Roc, or Soft magnet depending on the distance.

Latest posts