• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your Max Distance Driver

Right now, the Vibram Lace has been the longest disc I have thrown. I have a glow one that flips up and does a tight s curve, and a granite that is a bit more stable. I have tested a bunch of discs out and these are the only ones that can consistently out drive my teebirds. The sword was great as well, but the Lace was consistently 15 feet past the sword on similar throws.

450 on a hyzer flip with some flex are where my best throws end up.

Been throwing a 163g Star Archon for my longest distance. Got it out to about 375-400 on a few holes. Mostly throwing about 330 with a Thunderbird for more controlled distance.

Innova Shryke (155g)
RHBH
320-335'

Probably my 162g Fission Volt, and it's probably not going farther than 260 feet.

I have 3 I choose from.

Nitro doesn't want to turn at all and has a beefy finish.

Defy is real straight, with just a hair of high speed turn at max power and a moderate fade.

Octane shows a decent bit of high speed turn and has a more subtle fade.

For absolute max distance with no wind on an open hole I'd be hyzer flipping the Octane most likely. If there were wind or lines to hit, one of the other two might get the nod.

Wide Open with no OB? I'm hoping for 520-550', will get out to 500' at least. Golf lines would be a little shorter though.

That's backhand. Forehand is more like 440-450' or so with the Octane or Defy...Nitro is a bit much for my flick.

I used a G* Boss for this purpose, but lost it over the weekend and will be trying to see if any other discs I have will work on my next field day

RHFH on a big flex line I occasionally got it out to 375 or so on flat ground

My distance discs are usually S-Line DDx's or 400G D3s. With the D3, I can get just over 400' on open holes, but it's sqirrelly in wind. The DDx has more turn, but a more biting fade and usually goes about 375' or so, but I feel it's more controlled. Most of my drives are PDs, CD2s or the new CD3 the last week. I'd rather place a more accurate shot at 350' or so than try to bite off 400' and not have as reliable of a placement.

Nicely seasoned *D is my bomber right now. About 380-400' on a good pull, RHBH.

RHFH - 415' with seasoned Z Nuke or TP Giant
RHBH - 390' (break 400 on rare occasions) Beat Star Wraith (been testing a GL Bolt here)

as of last weekend, 425' 174 Crank SS Z plastic, though it's usually cranks 380-400. Great hyzer-flips with the max weight SS, hopefully it stays this way once it hits a few trees (i'll mainly throw in the open)

2 line AJ Star Destroyer thrown with a touch of anny, or beat Star Wraith on a hyzer flip.

Both out to 425-450'.

A beaten 5X CH Valkyrie on a hyzer-flip 310 - 320. After reading some of these responses it's very embarrassing.

No reason for embarrassment. At 320' you probably throw farther than 90% of everyone who plays disc golf. You're on a forum for the obsessed, with folks who may or may not embellish their distances. (I tend to not worry whether they're true or false because it makes no difference to me how far someone else can throw a disc.)
Everyone has different abilities, for different reasons.

Have fun golfing. Worry not about what anyone else is doing.

I can get my Saint out to 300 plus on a good day but average, probably 270 and that's an increase in just the last couple of months. I have a number of throws in the 330 range and a bunch in the 280-300 range but average, no. I think many people forget about the poor throws they make off the tee that wormburn for 200 feet or hit a tree 220 out and drop dead. Average of all my tee shots, including the bad ones, puts me well below 300. I am always amazed at how long people say they are. I've seen and played a lot of disc golf in the year plus that I've been throwing and I've seen few people throwing 400 feet on average, though there have been one or two. Granted, this board, being comprised of hardcore players, might have a higher percentage of big arms than what I see at my local course, which often seems full of families, dogs, and very casual players.

Slight digression aside, I just got a 160g Star tern that I'm hoping to make my max d driver. Only got to throw it a couple of times this weekend, so don't know yet.