• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your nemesis hole

Hole 3 Blues - Tall Firs - Monroe, WA

600 ft par 4 that requires a laser straight tee shot and hope that you make the tunnel and land in a decent spot in the woods to have 250-300 ft shot out of the woods to a guarded and sloped green.

A 4 feels like a win every time on this hole. My last tournament there I took a 5 and 6

Probably my favorite hole on that course, would be an epic par four if the hole were longer and more treed at the end.

Hole 18 at Lydle Blue. Should just be a hyzer in, but if you go long or right it is a tough uphill putt. I have maybe a 2% birdie rate on it.

I think Hole 9 at Lakewood might be one of my favorite tricky par 3 holes... that was never intended to be tricky.

If I play Lakewood 9 ten times I probably par it once. Usually it's 2-3 deuces and several 4-5. If I hit my line with my comet its within 10 ft. Miss and your deep.

Moraine, hole 6. A super long, narrow shot among patches of trees. Ranges from 603'-921' from three different tees. The lane from the blue and gold tees is open the entire way to the basket, but very narrow and borders thick rough. If you fade out to the left like many rhbh players would, you will have some room to work with but will have to fight through the various sections of trees to a protected basket. A true par 5 and very well designed hole. I've only birdied it once and that was from the white tee.

Linbrook, hole 6. A long par 4 that first works its way up a steep hill to an almost 90 degree turn on the left. This is a line of trees/rough in the middle, so you have the option to play above or below it. The entire hole is on a side slope and the basket is on a hill making long approaches tricky. I've never par'd it even though I've played it around 15 times.

view_image.php

Great thread question!

If I play Lakewood 9 ten times I probably par it once. Usually it's 2-3 deuces and several 4-5. If I hit my line with my comet its within 10 ft. Miss and your deep.

Lefty dream hole :) one of the few holes I make up a stroke on the card. Hole 6 as well.

My nemesis holes are hole 2 at north valley and holes 20 and 22 at Kaposia.

Hole 2 at North Valley is a par 4 that favors a righty placement hyzer or an OS disc with a meaty hook. If I throw a backhand lefty anhyzer I either go too far left for a placement shot, it catches and I end up too far right or I hit a tree early. If I throw a forehand roller or anhyzer I get a massive skip into narnia. I aim for a 5 on that hole.

Hole 20 at Kaposia is an uphill tee shot that a righty hyzer is favored to place your shot. It features a tough second shot to get out of the woods and I struggle placing my anhyzer effectively.

Finally, hole 22 at Kaposia is another easy righty hyzer shot. My anhyzer wither hits a tree early or goes too long into narnia.

Hole 17 at my home course, SFDGC. 357 foot downhill shot (for B position. 328 for A, 441 for C), tons of trees through the fairway, OB on the right (if you flip over too hard) and serious tree jail on the left (if you hyzer out). There are not very many downhill shots on the SF course, I think that's part of why this hole gives me so many problems.

Every time I've having a great round, tracking towards tying or beating my personal best on the course, I end up bogey-ing or double bogey-ing this hole. Of course, whenever I'm having a crappy round, I generally par it. :(

bda

Brown Deer, Hole 1. Tight S-curving tunnel, about 430'. Brutal first hole, when in the longs. The distance means that if I hit a perfect Sidewinder shot, I could be at the edge of the circle. The rough is mostly jail. Just a tough way to start a round.

25a549dc.jpg

Anyone else have that one hole on a particular course that seems to get you every time?

Mine is hole 3 from the longs at ditto in Maryland. Every time, I just can't seem to take a par on it. I have tried every disc and shot in my bag, even weird ones like a scoring/grenade over the trees, and it just won't let me take my par and move on.

Are you counting the long to long at Ditto hole #3 as a par 3 or par 4? It is listed as a par 4.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6144&mode=hi

I actually have an easier time with Hole #3 at Ditto than hole #17. But you need a solid drive up the tiny fairway gap and awesome up shot on hole 3. Hole 17 is more of hoping and praying that you miss a tree.

Brown Deer, Hole 1. Tight S-curving tunnel, about 430'. Brutal first hole, when in the longs. The distance means that if I hit a perfect Sidewinder shot, I could be at the edge of the circle. The rough is mostly jail. Just a tough way to start a round.

25a549dc.jpg

Awesome. And horrible. All at once.

Probably a common one - Rollin Ridge 18.

Don't matter what tee I'm on, I just can't get a good drive on this hole and always put myself in trouble right away.

E.g. Silver Cup - great round going, tee shot hits tree 150' off tee on the right. "safe" upshot hits a tree. Amazing 3rd shot - hyzerflip a beat SW over the top of the hill, down the perfect lane through the trees...right into that little 20' pond.

25a549dc.jpg

This is the type of hole Nate Sexton dreams about at night.

Probably a common one - Rollin Ridge 18.

Don't matter what tee I'm on, I just can't get a good drive on this hole and always put myself in trouble right away.

E.g. Silver Cup - great round going, tee shot hits tree 150' off tee on the right. "safe" upshot hits a tree. Amazing 3rd shot - hyzerflip a beat SW over the top of the hill, down the perfect lane through the trees...right into that little 20' pond.

That's kinda funny. That's a hole I usually have good success on, for some reason. Hole 7 or 9, on the other hand....

#12 at White River. From the Reds, it is within my ace reach, but the penalty for a slight miss is enormous. The target is only 220' away, but it is buried in a tree grove to the right with 75' of 45 degree cliff straight down to a fast moving river if you play the ace line and OB 30-60' away along the entire left side. Last week, I came within 3' of losing an Anode that I bought that morning to the river, trying for the ace.

Today I played an Aviar safe, maybe 60' away left and dropped a blind, downhill death approach shot within tap in distance for a rare par. :)

Last edited:

25a549dc.jpg

Very similar to Hole 1 from the long at Wendell DGC in NC. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/7539/67c9bac8.jpg

the photo is taken from the 198' red tee. from the blue it is 383' par 3 down the same corridor.

25a549dc.jpg

Slamming 9 am beers with you on this tee after an overnight flight to Wisconsin was glorious. Ending up in the trees on the left was less glorious.

Last edited:
Took some thought, but I would say Hole 9 at Black Mouse in Felton. Short hole, but crazy lines, and elevation slant, and a Redwood ring blocking the basket, The only realistic line for me is a hyzer backhand, high enough to fade back up the slope, through a tight window with the ring on on side, and trees that will deflect your disc down the hill on the other.

The thing I hate about it, is just hitting this window is crazy hard, but I've done is successfully the last 5-6 times I've played. Only I can never catch a break on what happens next because the terrain slopes down and roll away just keeps happening. On 2 occasions I thought I had absolutely parked it, only to find my disc rolled 100 feet down the hill once, and the other time lost the disc. A couple times lately I've had decent putts. Once I thought I had the birdy, but it chained out. The other time I missed, and then rolled away down the hill 60 feet.

So this hole is a real PITA for me...

#15 Warner at the IDGC. I have made par once out of roughly twenty rounds.

I played there for the first time last year and got an 8 on that hole. When I got back home I watched the 2014 US Women's Disc Golf Championships, just to see how the pros handle it... and Paige Pierce took an 8 also. It was strangely satisfying.

I played it for the second time last week and improved to a 7, so I got that going for me.

It doesn't really bother me too much to struggle on such a difficult hole. My nemesis from the IDGC would be Headrick #7, which I know really isn't that hard -even with my dubious skill level I think I should at least have a shot at a birdie - but I've managed to bogey it from both pin positions now.

Latest posts