• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your PDGA 'tax' dollars at work (now hijack free)

I like that its at the Duluth campus. you are very specific. and i guess that would be like going to University of North Carolina Greensboro....... not quite UNC....

Last edited:
That's funny. Our jokes on campus were that the girls at the TKE parties were the ugliest ones on campus. Mean, unfair, but ultimately true...

Also, I had a lot of friends go to UMD, what's wrong with that?

That's funny. Our jokes on campus were that the girls at the TKE parties were the ugliest ones on campus. Mean, unfair, but ultimately true...

Also, I had a lot of friends go to UMD, what's wrong with that?

At some chapters that is true. What makes a girl ugly, a butter face?

I went to a TKE party when I was in high school at the University of Northern Iowa. It was totally douchey, no girls and the frat boys had us write down our names and numbers for future parties. I wonder if they every tried to invite Dick Bunker to a party again.

so far I've seen that to deflect the questioning of the PDGA's issues, we should attack a fraternity and the person that started it, when all I got out of it is that it was a well run meeting. I personally can't stand fraternities, but I don't see what attacking one has to do with absolving another organization of their faults.

TKE my friend is the world's largest fraternity in the world and has many more members than the pdga ever will. Most chapters have a very high prestige, although there are always some bad apples in the bunch. The chapter I started is now the #1 student organization on the U of Minnesota-Duluth campus. The chancellor asked them over for dinner last thanksgiving. When it's parents weekend, the are the first asked to volunteer. With seeing and being part of a organzation that runs great, it's easy to see where the pdga needs help.

Lastly it's fraternity not frat. Do you call your country a cunt?

Frat is short for fraternity. I think you would meant count, would be short for country.

TKE my friend is the world's largest fraternity in the world and has many more members than the pdga ever will. Most chapters have a very high prestige, although there are always some bad apples in the bunch. The chapter I started is now the #1 student organization on the U of Minnesota-Duluth campus. The chancellor asked them over for dinner last thanksgiving. When it's parents weekend, the are the first asked to volunteer. With seeing and being part of a organzation that runs great, it's easy to see where the pdga needs help.

Lastly it's fraternity not frat. Do you call your country a cunt?

This explains so much.:eek:

I got with a chick that was "with" a guy in TKE at ECU. When we woke up she told me that she peed herself two days before and still hadn't showered.

oh ECU....

so far I've seen that to deflect the questioning of the PDGA's issues, we should attack a fraternity and the person that started it, when all I got out of it is that it was a well run meeting. I personally can't stand fraternities, but I don't see what attacking one has to do with absolving another organization of their faults.

u be serious fish?

I got with a chick that was "with" a guy in TKE at ECU. When we woke up she told me that she peed herself two days before and still hadn't showered.

oh ECU....

My roommate my freshman year had a girl sleep in his bed one night and they both peed the bed.

Mad props to Connor for taking a thread that's pushing 2 years old and reviving it back into existence so that it can finally find its way to the landfill or parts unknown!!

Bangs 4 Lyfe!!!

That being said, I can understand his position that time is money, and time spent attending to a volunteer position that has no paycheck attached, means you aren't making any, or you're burning leave from your job.

The truth is, if you expect volunteers (and this applies to your tournament directors, staff, local leagues as well) to do something for you, and there's no perks attached for their efforts, well...don't be surprised if you eventually don't have any volunteers.

But time is not money when talking about volunteers. Volunteers are people who take time and sometimes even money out of their OWN pocket for what they believe is a greater cause. They should go in understanding it is completely free and often times takes away from their own paycheck but because of the intrinsic perks they should love what they do and be motivated to continue doing it.

I don't go volunteer at the local elementary school every Wednesday between my college courses and my job and expect them to compensate me in the slightest. That's what paid positions are for. If the PDGA doesn't have paid positions then they a. need to realize the true point of a volunteer and re-access what they are doing or b. redo the model and see if there is funding for a paid position... and from there buy their own booze.

My moral compass points away from Teva wearing tree huggers.

Who hasn't peed their bed? And who cares unless it isn't your bed...

I know that I was potty trained pretty early in life. I guess I may have gotten out of my diaper once or twice.