• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your PDGA 'tax' dollars at work (now hijack free)

Mad props to Connor for taking a thread that's pushing 2 years old and reviving it back into existence so that it can finally find its way to the landfill or parts unknown!!

Bangs 4 Lyfe!!!

I thought it was a bad enough thread the first time around. Who knew how much worse it could get?

It all makes sense now.

You bought your friends and you are angry beacuse you can't buy your rating. :D

Didn't read the whole thread, but it seems silly to me that there could even be travel expenses involved with PDGA summits. Skype or other web conferencing software would enable these volunteers to not take precious vacation days, there would be no need to go out to dinner, or buy alcohol on member's dimes, and the meetings could be documented for all members to watch.

Didn't read the whole thread, but it seems silly to me that there could even be travel expenses involved with PDGA summits. Skype or other web conferencing software would enable these volunteers to not take precious vacation days, there would be no need to go out to dinner, or buy alcohol on member's dimes, and the meetings could be documented for all members to watch.

What conference? according to t.hizzle they don't get anything accomplished anyways.

My moral compass points away from frats.

You know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover right? There are some fraterity guys that are really nice and totally down to earth. Maybe it was because I was in Colorado at the time, IDK. I know it's not typical but they do exist. However, I get the feeling that T. Hizzel is not this kind. :)

Everyone hates frat boys, even frat boys. You and your khakis can move along now.

What's the difference between a fraternity and the pdga?

The pdga all about quantity members and franternities are about quality members....

You can go back to weaving your hemp jewerly and blowing your glass pipes....

Whatsa matter with a bunch of dudes, getting together, drinkng and flogging, and just bro'ing down in general? Live and let live bro

Ps) bro

The pdga all about quantity members and franternities are about quality members....

We don't sleep in the same rooms as eachother.

quality? thats why you have to pay to be in them right? if it was about quality they would be paying you.

But time is not money when talking about volunteers. Volunteers are people who take time and sometimes even money out of their OWN pocket for what they believe is a greater cause. They should go in understanding it is completely free and often times takes away from their own paycheck but because of the intrinsic perks they should love what they do and be motivated to continue doing it.

I don't go volunteer at the local elementary school every Wednesday between my college courses and my job and expect them to compensate me in the slightest. That's what paid positions are for. If the PDGA doesn't have paid positions then they a. need to realize the true point of a volunteer and re-access what they are doing or b. redo the model and see if there is funding for a paid position... and from there buy their own booze.