• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Your Putter Evolution

Raging Tide

Bogey Member
All this talk about your putter and why its best got me thinking about my putting history and the evolution of my putting game.

McPro > Jokeri > Yeti > Dart

My first putter was a DX Dart, purchased purely because of the flight numbers. It barely made it out of my first summer. After flirting with a few others like the KC Aviar and a Glow Wizard, my next putter was a Yeti Aviar. I loved the concave top. Moving on, my style changed a bit and I dumped the Yeti for putting duties in favor of a Premium Jokeri, after using it all summer I switched it up to a Basic Jokeri for the winter. This last summer I got annoyed at the Jokeri and switched to the McPro Aviar.

I of course have a ton of other putters that have been bagged over the years that still make the bag as situational pieces like the jokeri, classic roc and a star wedge

150g aviar to Magnet to voodoo to wizard to ion to anode back to ion to judge and FINALLY settling in the warden

Oh man, lets see if I can remember them all....

Aviar P&A -> Polecat -> Birdie -> Dart -> Wizard -> Challenger

I think that might be it. I've certainly experimented with a number of other putters, but this is the progression of my primary putting putter.

Next on the list may be Pure. I've been playing around with it a lot and it may take over for the Challenger next year.

Zone>wizard>ion>wizard>ion>PA4>ion>wizard.
I've been throwing wizards now for a few months and don't see myself changing again.
I'm iver the new putter phase and know it's all about me making the putt.

Wizards are also great off the tee, are super cheap here in STL and feel amazing.

I tried a ton of putters, but it was roughly:

Aviar --> Wizard --> Ion --> Pure

I also was really close to using a Judge, really like the Magnet and also tried challengers. My Pures are awesome though, sticking with that.

Aviar-->Buzzz SS (yes I putted with a mid for a while-->Polecat-->Aviar-->Spike-->Judge-->Voodoo-->Wizard

Can't see me going away from the Wizard. It's an amazing disc for putting and driving. Never carried more than one of any of the other molds...I now carry 4 Wizards.

_ > KC Aviar -> Ion (sometimes a stiff Ridge when it's cold)
/
Dart
\
_ > JK Aviar-X (sometimes a Soft Judge)

When I started, I bought a Dart, because it sounded cooler then a Aviar. After playing about a year, I borrowed a JK for a round, and was HOOKED. I then went and felt up putters. Drive with premium plastic because of all the NC trees.

kc pro aviar-->ions-->wizard-->kc pro aviar-->aero

I had bad luck with ions and rollaways, wizards didn't mesh for me.

Putttter (I think that's what it was called -> Birdie -> JuJu -> Banger GT -> Zone -> Voodoo Stupid Silly Soft -> Pure, Spike and PA4

Funny enough ive been playing for about 3.5 years. My first putter I bought was a pure from a bike shop. I bought it not knowing anything about disc golf nor putters. And after I got into it I bought another one and have loved them since. Ive been trying to experiment with more putters. I think im going to try rff wizards. Ive felt them up and they seem awsome

Aviar --> Magnet --> Aviar --> Challenger --> Banger GT --> Magic --> Wizard

I'm sure there's more in there.