• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your town/course pro

Who is you local pro where are they from, what courses do they play, what is their raiting etc... We have 5 or 6 around the Muskegon area one of them took 5th at the Michigan State championships earlier this month.

We have this kid down here named Ken Climo. He's pretty good. He hails from the Tampa/Clearwater area, and recently helped design a new "pro" course in Tampa.

We don't really have any notable pros around here. New England as a whole has, I think, just one 1000+ rated player: Jason Dore. We also like to claim Brinster as a New Englander.

We don't really have any notable pros around here. New England as a whole has, I think, just one 1000+ rated player: Jason Dore. We also like to claim Brinster as a New Englander.

Similarly, Pittsburgh does not have any pros. Highest rated player in the area is only 974. I think in the history of Pittsburgh disc golf, there has only been one 1000 rated player.

I'm in the same boat as Martin, not many players in my area so the vote would most likely go to me.

Kim Scott-Wood, local to Toronto. Grew up on Toronto Island, 2006 PDGA Rookie of the year, ex-Team Discraft. Doesn't play much anymore as he started his own construction business, but can still dust off the cobwebs and compete with the best in the world as was evident at a local A-Tier a couple weeks ago.

our town has this guy: http://www.pdga.com/player/23188

he's been totally cool. helps out everyone at the local course here in CT. even new players like me he'll give tips to and play doubles* with.

*the fun part is seeing just how much better actual pros are compared to excellent players. seeing 375ft 8foot wide tunnel shots through trees that go uphill parked for drop in birdies, and a blind 500ft par three hole parked from the tee with turnover shot using a beat in rancho roc really open your eyes to whats possible (and probably impossible for me).

In Muskegon we have

Kory Kolberg MPO 985 raiting
Bret Bryant MPO 951 raiting
Don Jensen Pro Masters 960 raiting I think
Liz Carr WPO 915 raiting
Ryan Heisser MPO not sure of his raiting but hes sick
Chad Shepard Pro Masters 941 raiting

Barry Shultz is from the Sheboygan area, but doesn't live here anymore.

Scotty Burtard is from Sheboygan, and hovers around the 1000 mark.

Stephen Miller and soon to be rookie of the year Austin Pfaff are our 2 best players here in Spotsylvania. I believe Miller is rated 1008 and Austin 996 but both will go up a bit when the ratings update as they have both been playing 1020-1030 golf over the last couple of months. Austin is 17 and has an A-tier victory to his credit this year. Between the 2 of them and up and coming Cody Bradshaw Spotsy has pretty well dominated the Open division in Virginia this year.

We have Dave Greenwell in Louisville, multiple time Master and Grandmaster world champ and in the hall of fame. Our highest rated player is Matt Kern.

Latest posts