• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your town/course pro

Our local pro is Johnny Sias - a member of the Disc Golf Hall of Fame and three-time world champion. I've never seen anyone with a better short game! The guy has designed a dozen killer courses in the area and continues to be a positive ambassador to the sport. Last year the WVDGA started an annual tourney - the Sias open in Moundsville, West Virginia where Johnny was inducted into the West Virginia Disc Golf Hall of Fame. We're lucky to have his work represented in our state. If it wasn't for Mr. Sias, there's a good chance I wouldn't even know that disc golf exists!

We have this kid down here named Ken Climo. He's pretty good. He hails from the Tampa/Clearwater area, and recently helped design a new "pro" course in Tampa.

The new course is Cypress Point Park and was opened back in April. Very challenging but as I newb I can still par a couple.

We don't really have any notable pros around here. New England as a whole has, I think, just one 1000+ rated player: Jason Dore. We also like to claim Brinster as a New Englander.
? You have the FriZZak Nation up there in the CT.! Bard, Sjur, Cahill and Bobby Popawraith have all been 1000+ rated. Bobby is at 1010 right now and the other three all have new borns so I will give them a pass on there 990+ ratings currently.

I think I know who your talking about haha. Whats the name of the new course ill check it out on here.

As stated earlier, Cypress Point Park in Tampa. Check out my review. You may find it amusing.

We don't have any big name pros here in the Boise area. Sarah Hokom is from Caldwell, ID (suburb of Boise). Although he is by no menas from here, Barsby always makes it to the bigger tourneys here, hangs out at the local shops and does some clinics.

ChrisWoj on here is the closest we have. "Only" about 980 rated, but he's been sponsored by Dynamic for quite a while (at least a couple years before they started making discs)

Only two 1000 rated people in the state, one of whom is Emac.

Locally, our highest rated player who is PDGA current is in the 940 range. We've got a couple of non-PDGA guys who can go toe to toe with him at league.

Seattle area has a few..

Kyle Crabtree. Innova/salient sponsored. 1030 something rated.

Jason Carr. Recently sponsered by Latitude 64

Chandler Frye. Recently sponsered by Latitude 64

this guy name paul mcbeth and kyle eckmann (spelling) from huntington beach

On my local courses (tyler, nocky) we have:

name, pdga#, rating, earnings in '14
Devin Frederick 16287 , 1013, $5,422.00
Nate Krahn 29352, 1007
Joseph Mela 2607, 1005
and about 15 other guys over 975

and
Hannah Leatherman 45396, 941, $2,235.00 who just took 6th at worlds

San Francisco: Golden Gate Park has Patrick Brown...as the most successful tourning pro

Memphis doesn't have many pros our local pro is Todd Bagwell hes 985 rated and should be getting in the 1000s with the rounds hes been playing lately. We had Cam Colglazier for a while too

I have too many 1000 rated players that are local. Enough that you can never cash when you play doubles.

Latest posts