• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your "Water Disc"....

I haven't had to throw over water too often, but when I do, I usually throw something DX.. It's cheap to replace, and has more glide.

I'd rather pick a disc I'm more comfortable with, it gives me more confidence in the shot than having a water disc. I've thrown plenty of plastic in water hazards, but it's just plastic, and that usually means I get to buy new discs...

I was using a Roc until it went into a pond in TN. The Impact I got from Brotherdave is in the water at Buckhorn now. I like the idea of going with your normal discs in cheaper plastic. I might have to burn through a few more before I go that route though. I still have various beaters laying around.

I have a #1 Slice floater that I use as a water disc. I've thrown it enough that I can throw it with some confidence. I can make it hyzer or anhyzer or go straight.
It's what I used when I first started out and I still use it.

If there's a chance of losing a disc I usually try to throw a newer version of whatever I'd throw. I throw mostly lower end plastic anyway so the newer ones are the easiest to replace. If it's a really long shot and I want to try to make it over for fun I usually carry some sort of distance driver I'm trying out but don't like so I'll throw that.

Which ever disc in my bag that is best for the shot. I have not thrown one in water for years now. Off cliffs into the abyss is another story.

I use champion beasts and have zero fear of water, I'll just go in and grab it anyway. I have over 80 discs I pulled from the water at riverside park. I used to throw dx like a wraith or destroyer but I decided to just throw a disc I can just throw to the basket without a bunch of hyser flip, new dx is awesome but I really would rather use those in the open.

Eric? Wheres the hooch! You got a pinkish/red 168g ESP Nuke? Threw it in on 13 about 3 weeks ago.

This guy does not lie when he says he has no fear of water. Disgusting swamp water. Or goose s**t. Or ecoli. Or salmonella.

i throw whatever i would want to throw if there wasnt any water. if i use something other than what i should normally im just more ikely to eff it up and get wet.

Depends on the situation for me. If its a high risk shot for a roll away into the water or something of the nature, I'll use a back up of the same disc of what I normally throw that way if I lose it there's still nothing missing from my bag. The trick for me is being confident that I can execute my shot and not have to worry about going into the drink. Any other way of going at it leaves that doubt about losing a disc.

I brought a new DX Beast with me to Flyboy the first time I played the course with hole 3 in mind. Truth is I completely forgot that I had it and ended up throwing my Surge. I didn't lose it that day, but I did end up losing it on the same hole another day. I say throw what you got, unless it's one of those beat discs that you simply cannot replace. You'll probably have a better chance at executing your shot if you're using a disc that you're comfortable with.

Nope. I just throw my normal discs as I know what they will do. Usually I will play a water shot pretty safe anyway such as a big hyzer that will land on land.

Unless the other side of the water is over 400ft away I just throw whichever disc gets me closest to the basket. If you throw bad plastic you risk going in the water more than if you throw something reliable.

You can throw almost anything over a big chunk of water since there usually aren't trees anywhere near. If it is tighter, the water probably isn't as big so you have a good chance of getting the disc back.

I use my regular discs and hope for the best.

I carry 3-4 discs when playing a water course. Something that turns left, one for straight shots and something that goes right. And maybe a mid. All are discs that I don't care if I lose.

I have a beat up orange DX Wraith that I use. For putting around water, I do use a Hydra. Makes a pretty good putter.

Latest posts