• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Winter DG Goals?........

Winter Goals:

-putt,putt,putt (time to use the practice basket more)
-Get stronger (use my grip squeezie things to strengthen my hands and strengthen my core with yoga and working with an elastic band)
-Lose 20 lbs (will definitely help with endurance and stamina)
-pick up more discs (lost several this summer, need some backups)

I'll continue to work on putting - the weakest part of my game. It's already improved over the last two months (a DisCatcher in the back yard helps a lot!), but I'm still only about 65%. Assuming this winter isn't blizzardville like last year I'll keep playing rounds as often as possible. Although I've been playing off and on since '92 it's only in the last two years that any consistency has developed (thanks to being a full-on DG addict now). The goal is to start beating those guys I play with now who always seems to get me by a couple of strokes - or more on a really rough day. Consistency.

My goal is to get my car fixed do I can drive an hour down the mountain to play in no snow. Woke up this morning to find 1-2 inches on the ground. Winter is here....:|. Now I need to go move all the pins short before we get more snow and the sleeves are burried. :doh:

my goal is try and get a few rounds in whenever possible!

I started playing in October of 09 and played all winter long. I plan to do the same this year. Wish i was rich so i can make some sort of awesome indoor disc golf course. Oh yea, also gonna try to give my putter some counceling. I would like for it and the chains to hang out a little more often

-maybe practice putting at a chair once in awhile
-Once i get abunch of disc golf store gift cards for my b-day and christmas, buy a bunch of discs to admire until spring
- get much better at running and get stronger by weight lifting so i can whoop @$$ in the mile in track in spring
-Manage to play at least once in winter, which will be pretty hard because the closest course open for winter is not easily reachable for me
-Enjoy skiing!

I know a bunch of those didn't have to do with DG, but whatever.

-Long putts
-Anny Approaches with my Wizard
-Achieve a usable forehand
-Improve/discover backhand form
-Flexibility/balance
-Don't get fat

My plans for winter include smoking a LOT of...salmon...uhhh buy/use the crap out of a practice basket, play Basil-Marella everyday (as I do now) and wait until I can use the fact that I'm a local to my advantage in Am. Worlds next summer located pretty much in my backyard...

Since my rhfh is nonexistent, I've decided to learn how to throw lhbh. I'm also going to putt nonstop. Hopefully between the two I can drop mad strokes. This is my plan for the winter.
Biz
Team Bert

Bert looks pissed. Did he get busted or something? Maybe fondling Ernie again??

It is possible to play in snow shoes, and it's a heck of a bunch of fun. I couldn't throw backhand tee shots, but forehand wasn't too awkward. And putting on baskets that were literally frozen solid was crazy too!

My goals for the winter...

-Get my knee worked on (just got a referral from DR for phys therapy, woohoo)
-Get my back worked on (DR referral again)
-Convince myself that I still want to compete in 2011
-Read some books on the mental game of golf
-Become more consistent with my FH and push it out another 20'
-Gain a shorter memory for missed putts, lol

-Would like to start hitting 350 consistently (currently at 325 with pretty good accuracy)
-Jump puttz

putting, putting, putting!! My driving is average and my upshots are very consistent so if i just stay confident with my putting i will be a happy little disc golfer

Latest posts