• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Winter DG Goals?........

One thing I really like about Texas.

Yep, I feels sorry for alls u up in the Great White North. But even playing down south will mean playing in extra clothing. Played a few rounds in long sleeves, long pants already this year. One interesting thing I've found is that it makes u more aware of your body and how it's moving. Anyone else notice this or am I just strange? :eek:

My goal is to not spend too much $$ buying Great Lakes beer for my snow rounds. Ohio winters suck, but staying inside all day sucks more.

If I could get 400' from a standstill with my Buzz I'll be happy. I usually roll with just a couple FLX Buzzes and some Wizards when it's snowy and icy out, and you're usually lucky if you can see the teepad so run-ups usually don't happen.

I hit 3 (real ones) and 1 cubby early this year. In about a 3 month time span. Can't hit one to save my live now. (if that were the case we'd all be dead)

My goal is to not spend too much $$ buying Great Lakes beer for my snow rounds. Ohio winters suck, but staying inside all day sucks more.

MMmmmm... Great Lakes (Christmas Ale is out now :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:)

If I could get 400' from a standstill with my Buzz I'll be happy.

C'mon man.... you already throw a putter farther than most of us throw drivers and now your going to throw buzzz's 400' from a standstill!? Knock it off.

Oh, my winter DG goals. Well... Bowling Green OH sucks in the winter. Like really sucks. The wind becomes constant and horrible. Snow isn't to bad just drifts and piles all over the place so you may have one spot with 2" of snow and a mound of 3 and half feet literally right next to it and throwing a disc into one of those bad boys bites. So driving practice will be slim to non... I can do field work on a football field so that will be nice. I would like to really work on putting and actually be confident at 20' and start working to 25'. So maybe a winter of putting and some driving improvement.

Once the time changes around here I only get to play on weekends which is all I really do anyway. I'll change my eating habits, play a lot of XBox and start a daily work out routine. I typically do this from Dec-March. Not putting or driving or anything golf related except for weekend tournament play.

Im still looking for my first ace but came close again.

Funny thing is, I chose to throw my River on a shorter hole where I would normally throw the Core and just threw it nice and easy; easy enough that it faded just slightly enough at the end and you could hear the faint *shing* as it scraped the front of the chains and landed less than 3' from the basket. Had I thrown my Core, it wouldnt have faded and might have gone in; but then again, maybe it wouldnt had been as close either.

Live in SC where we get snow maybe once or twice a year (couple inches), so I plan on discing about the same amount of time... probably a little less due to my job. I will probably disc less in Jan except for practice basket in the yard.

Goals:
-Ace
-PR on home course (which will only be my home course for 3 more weeks until we move)
-Consistency on putts from 40' out
-Increase distance on drives (Current [consistently]: 325' w/ RHFH and 250' w/ RHBH)

Good topic Dj, really got me thinking this morning.
My goals for this winter are to:
A.) Try and maintain my rounds per week average above 2.0 even during the colder months (Currently at 2.95 per week courtesy of the round tracker at www.discgolfscene.com).
B.) Continue working with my mids and putters in my yard as I have time. I know that I will not be able to throw as far as some of the younger players in my area, but I still have a chance to beat them if I am mentally strong and play from the fairway.
C.) Do a better job of staying on top of the Eczema on my hands. Last year it got so bad that I had 6 finger-tips cracked open and bleeding at once, with all the fingers but my pinkie on my throwing hand betraying me.
D.) Get another ace before the year is up (5 sounds much nicer than 4)

This winter i really need to develop a forehand drive. Anything within '100 I'm fine but drives are all spazzy.

I will do a ton of field work and basement putting but usable forehand drives are my ultimate goal.

Why would you stop playing? You might as well take up ball golf if you stop just because its a little cooler.

My primary winter goals:

1. Do a better job of spotting where the discs land in the snow so I don't waste as much time looking for them.
2. Forget the run ups when footing is uncertain. I pulled both the longheads and shortheads of my bicep because I wasn't following thru with my FH due to fear of loosing my footing.

Do more of this...

...at Shawnee State Park in Schellsburg, PA.
picture.php

...at Redneck DGC in Confluence, PA.
picture.php

...and at my own course.
picture.php

My wife's getting Xmas ideas, so I told her I wanted a portable basket (or two). That's been my goal for a few years now, just haven't been able to save for one! Hopefully that'll keep my putting fresh over the winter...although I DO plan on getting in a few winter rounds as usual! Then I might actually start playing PP360, since every time I tell myself I should play it to work on putting, I get distracted at the prospect of actually playing a round by the time I get to the course. "Sorry, PP360 scorecard, I don't have time for you today!" will hopefully fall out of my frequently uttered phrase vocabulary.