• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Z Tracker

Stable

* Ace Member *
Would like to hear from people that throw Z Trackers. Anyone out there use these? How do they fly? Are they OS? Can you compare them to any other fairway drivers from Innova or Discraft? Let me know! :D

All I know about them is that Schusterick used them when he was throwing an open bag, so they can't be that bad.

I bag an ESP Tracker. I use it in the slot most would put a Teebird.

BTW, there are already 13 Tracker threads before this, including one about it being unpopular. Advanced Search is your friend.

Attachments

• tmp_22660-Screenshot_2014-09-13-22-25-04-233823211.jpg
    tmp_22660-Screenshot_2014-09-13-22-25-04-233823211.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 20
I found the tracker to have a little too much lateral movement for me. It would turn a bit more than a Teebird during the early part of the flight before fading at the end. I use a PD in this slot now.

I have two with different stamps and different profiles. One flies somewhat like a fresh Eagle and the other like a Firebird. I don't bag either right now, but easily could.

They are so great. Speed 8-9 pretty reminiscent of an eagle L in shape with a slightly wider rim, not quite valk wide, but a much higher plh/wing height than an eagle L. Mild dome. I've owned two so far, one that turned a little and flew straight when new like a slightly faster teebird, one that flew very overstable when new, almost as overstable as a slightly slower predator. It's a slightly slower avenger, perfect fairway driver.

Yep, I will be sad if and when these go OOP. I will need to stock up.

I was sad when they drop the x trackers they beat into laser straight discs for me.

Yes, Elite X Trackers were very nice! First Discraft disc I ever had along with a Buzzz. It was Blue with all the sparkles in the plastic. When I was first starting out these were great for learning how to control a driver. Very workable on many lines. Plus always been a big fan of X plastic for grip and working into their sweet spot.

I throw Trackers. I currently bag one OOP ESP Tracker and one older stamped OOP Z Tracker. I also like the current production run of Z Trackers, but for me it is just to much overlap to bag them all.

I treat my ESP Tracker like many treat a Firebird. While not quite as stable as most Firebird runs, it serves a similar role for me. I have other higher speed discs that are max overstable should it be required. The ESP is prone to slowing down in midair more quickly than any of my others. I would put the ESP somewhere between an average Firebird and Eagle in terms of speed, stability, and glide.

I treat my Z Tracker like most would use a Teebirds or Eagles. Great all purpose disc for all distances except for true max distance drives. The older run that I bag is heavily worn in and very domey giving me a lot of extra glide compared to production runs. I have no idea if that is more due to the production run or level of wear. I'm not going to experiment unless I lose/destroy this one. Great disc with a lot of turn and a lot of fade. Not great for super straight lines, but excellent at carving curves into a tight fairway. My go-to driver for more holes between 275-350ft.

Great disc that gets very little love. Overshadowed by more popular molds like the Teebird, Eagle, or even Discraft's own XS. Hard to say why the disc gets so little love. The slot it fills is integral to most players' games, and it is a very important choice. I'll give it all the love I can. I hope the disc never goes OOP completely. I'd even love to see some of the other plastic choices come back making buying far easier.

Attachments

• tmp_15029--1489391679839502079_1-98876851.jpg
    tmp_15029--1489391679839502079_1-98876851.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 12
When I started this thread I hadn't yet discovered the MVP Resistor. My curiosity about other OS fairway drivers is gone because I found the perfect one for my game. Feel free to continue the Tracker discussion at your convenience.

Latest posts