• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zachcos's Bag

Zachcos

Hey all,

Getting back into the sport after moving to NYC 6+ years ago, where there are no courses in the reachable vicinity for me. However, my career allows me to travel for long spans of time and I've found myself getting out to courses in the various cities I get to visit while working.

A little disclaimer - I only throw Discraft. I used some Innova discs when I first started, but I always gravitated towards my Discraft plastic and after about a year of playing (~2005), switched to exclusively Discraft and have not looked back. Anyways, to the important stuff:

Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: N/A
Other sport proficiencies?: Ultimate, Baseball
Years playing/experience: 8.5 years (2004-2012, 6 year hiatus, been back about 6 months)
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some RHFH/OH
Golf Distance (avg/max) for putter/mid/driver: Roach: 230/270'; Buzzz: 275/315'; Crank: 425/500'

Looking for feedback to make sure I have all my shots and lines covered or if anyone sees any major overlaps. As you will see, a lot of my plastic is new so I will be waiting for some of my discs to get seasoned to fill particular roles.

Bag: VooDoo Spinal Tap 3 (Blood Red)

Distance Drivers:
174 Ti Punisher (new) - Long distance with big fade, headwind shots
174 Big-Z Vulture (new) - Long straight shots with low/moderate turn and reliable fade
172 ESP Swirl Austin Turner 2018 Tour Series Vulture (new) - Long s-shots and reliable fade
173 Z Crank (new) - Max distance S-shots that flex right and finish center
175 ESP Swirl Tim Barham 2018 Tour Series Crank (new) - dead straight max distance shots. I can release this on a slight hyzer and it will flip up flat, drift the slightest bit right, and finish with a manageable fade back to center.
175 Z Val Jenkins 2017 Tour Series Thrasher (new) - Long hyzer flips and very low fade
172 Z Thrasher (new) - Same as above/backup
175 ESP Swirl Val Jenkins 2018 Tour Series Thrasher (new) - going to let it get beat in for long turn overs that hold right and don't come back

Fairway Drivers:
175 Z Predator (lightly used) - headwind shots and fairway shots with big fade
174 Z Undertaker (new) - go-to fairway driver for hyzers or hyzer flips.
174 Z Undertaker (new) - this is flippier than my other Z Undertaker. I will allow it to get more seasoned to continue to be my anny fairway driver.

Utility discs:
174 ESP Venom - exclusively for thumbers/tomahawks
174 Z Avenger SS (used) - rollers
174 ESP Avenger SS (used) - rollers
** testing Z vs ESP Avenger SS for preference **

Mids:
175 Z Wasp, (used) - headwind shots or shots up to 280-300' with consistent fade
174 Ti Buzzz (used) - hyzer shots / long straight shots with light fade
173 Z Buzzz (used) - dead straight shots / light turn s-shots
173 Z FlyDye Buzzz (well-used) - anny shots / lighter touch throws that I want to go dead straight and not fade

Approach:
173 ESP Swirl Zone (new) - hyzer approaches / RHFH flick approaches. Strong fade and a decent skip. Occasionally used for headwind putts.
173 Big-Z Roach (lightly used) - straight/anny approaches / off the tee for straight shots 200-250'

Putters:
(2x) 175 Jawbreaker Roach (new) - putting

Thanks for taking a look,
-Zachcos

That's more distance drivers than I use but you should be able to cover all the necessary shots.

I play mostly wooded courses so I only bag 3 distance drivers. One overstable, one straight and one flippy.

How many rounds have you played with the new plastic?

That's more distance drivers than I use but you should be able to cover all the necessary shots.

I play mostly wooded courses so I only bag 3 distance drivers. One overstable, one straight and one flippy.

How many rounds have you played with the new plastic?

I've only gotten a few rounds in with the Vultures, Punisher, and Zone, but they all performed their roles well and as I intended. I can already tell my Zone is going to be a frequent flyer for me and is going to get me out of a lot of trouble.

The Crank, Undertakers, and Thrashers have seen more rounds and I'm really digging all of them. The Crank is absurdly crushable and hyzer flips go a mile. Same story for the Thrashers, but you need about 1/3 of the power. For me, they're perfect for long tunnel shots when you hyzer flip them.

The Undertakers are still a work in progress. I JUST got a 2nd Undertaker that I'm hoping is going to be more stable than my first. My first is a little domey and flips very easily. I'm going to work on slowing down my arm and see if I can get better results.

Latest posts