• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zone: Most Unique disc ever??

Here are the dimensions of some of the discs mentioned so far. A lot look pretty close to the zone. I added the Cro as a similar disc, I believe it was Brother Dave that told me they were very close to each other.

Discraft Zone 175.1 21.1 2.0 1.3 18.8 1.2 6.2 46.00 10.55
Innova Cl Roc 176.0 21.2 2.0 1.2 19.4 0.9 5.7 42.75 8.96
Innova CRO 176.0 21.2 2.0 1.4 18.5 1.3 6.6 48.50 6.24
Innova XD ret 176.0 21.2 2.0 1.2 19.4 0.9 5.7 42.75 8.96
Lat 64 Pure 176.0 21.2 1.8 1.4 19.2 1.0 6.6 48.25 6.69
Lat64SinusAP 176.0 21.2 1.9 1.4 19.3 0.9 6.6 50.75 9.75
Lat 64 Spike 176.0 21.2 1.8 1.3 19.2 1.0 6.1 56.25 4.65

hey guys can I ask a pointless question than get mad when i get pointless answers?

The steady ed discs are the most unique imo. Don't know of any discs out there beside the twin set that have a persons ashes in them. What discs were those anyway? Anyone?

APX was one and the other was a driver, let me look. I have 2 behind me :)

comparable to a champ rhyno i would say, although it seems to fly and hold a line with less effort throwing it, and of course by it being 'swedish plastic' it does seem to stay in the air a little bit longer than discs of the same type! ;

the disc just feels more 'athletic' to me (if you can relate to that!) than the rhyno or zone. the zone is an amazing all around disc, and i still have a couple, but the sinus ap feels as if it was born to be in my bag.

the discs beat up pretty good but they stay very overstable and predictable.

sinusap.jpg

thanks! hope they make a grip line or even GL ooooo...

thanks! hope they make a grip line or even GL ooooo...

funny you should ask that.. i asked lat 64 main man/designer tomas ekstrom the same question... here is his response:

"We made a few Sinus in grip line a couple of years ago. They where sweet but we couldn't see why we needed them because a Sinus in Zero takes years to brake in."

"years to break in" does sound pretty cool! the sinus in zero feels like a great, grippy beat up dx disc, and although it may feel as grippy as dx and look beat to hell, the plastic is built to last and take a heap of abuse, all the while retaining it's awesome predictability.

but damn, i'd kill for one of those grip versions they did up! :thmbup:

What Zero line have you been throwing? I had to give up Pures because they'd taco or get all lumpy on the first good tree strike. I loved the disc, loved how the plastic felt, and I loved driving with it, but the durability was intolerable. The Grip line version felt and flew almost like an entirely different disc so that really wasn't an option.

And to the OP-
I agree that the Zone is uncommon in shape and flight, but it's far from unique. The (Pro) Pig flies very similar and I would guess that the main difference between the two comes from the difference in plastic. If the Pig was brick-hard like the Zone, I think they'd be even closer in flight and skip. In shape, there is nothing groundbreaking going on at all. I look at it like a small diameter mid range more than a putter. It's a fairly narrow niche, but they can be tremendously useful.

IMO, the only unique thing about them is the freakish ESP blend that could likely survive Nuclear Armageddon.

What Zero line have you been throwing? I had to give up Pures because they'd taco or get all lumpy on the first good tree strike.

have not had this problem with my sinus ap's... yeah they look beat up and ragged but they still retain their shape and predictability. i only use my zero pures for putting - i'm good to go there.

This thread makes me laugh. The OP asks if there are any other discs as unique as the zone, then as everyone proceeds to give their opinion of other unique discs, he shoots them down one by one. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE ZONE!!!

This thread makes me wince.

I'm going to say the 100m Lazer and it's awesome nipple technology.

pigs are very close to the zone, the zone just has more glide.

And a more unique disc? 10m brick.

How dare you compare the 10m brick to the wheel, the 10m brick is a saint.

I said there is no disc like a zone, nothing even close. the ion does look diff. but it flies like other discs. there is no disc with the look of a zone. no disc with the speed and stability of a zone. and no disc that feels or flies like one...

Prodiscus Jokeri - just like a zone but better

APX was one and the other was a driver, let me look. I have 2 behind me :)

The closest I ever got to those discs was when I was asked to hold them while the dg owner got on a ladder and then hung them on a wall. :(

---------->goes to a corner to cry. :)

interesting choice though, an apx?

This thread makes me wince.

I'm going to say the 100m Lazer and it's awesome nipple technology.

Hmm, good choice. The Quest Wildfire and its large nipple that you can make an outie or an innie is pretty rad. :\ I've kind of always wanted one. Pink of course.

I just realized that I made a grammatical error. It's its not it's. Noooo!!!!!!!!

--------------

Holy crap that's a nipple!!!! And what's with the mars rover?

Quest_Wildfire_Stock.jpg

^not a hot selling item in Texas right now. :|