• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zuca Cart vs Backpack/Backpack cart

twistedmangled

Par Member
So I have been sporting the Innova competition bag with the shoulder strap for about 10 years and its time to upgrade. I'm really liking the cart idea as I play several tournaments in a year and as many casual rounds that I can. It makes for a long day hauling 20-22 discs on my shoulder. So my debate is do I buy a Zuca Cart and use it for long days and tournaments and then unpack the thing and pack up a little bag to go hit a quick 9 on the way home from work? Or do I get a backpack and a backpack cart and just pull the backpack off when I don't need to use the cart? Just wondering if anybody has any info or experience that can help me in my decision. Right now I'm leaning toward the backpack and backpack cart as I can cart it or pack it depending on what Im doing that day. Its a little more money to go that route but it seems more versatile to me.

Any thoughts?

If you are going to buy a new backpack and a cart you might want to look into Ridge Roller. It is a little pricey, but everyone I know that has one has been more than happy. I've seen a lot of people selling their Zucas. I had the Zuca cart and I sold mine. To be honest it just wasn't that great quality wise, the nuts for the wheels come of, the pole bends, the clamp for the pole isn't made very well and is either so loose that the pole twists or so tight that its a pain in the ass to get back off and when I sat on it , it felt rather flimsy. The bag cart does seem a little better, but like I said if you are trying to buy a quality backpack and cart you won't be disappointed in the Ridge Roller for sure.

Oh and btw, the guy that makes the Ridge Rollers was the first guy to change the zuca into a disc golf cart before zuca stole the idea and cut him out of the deal.

Zuca Backpack carts or Dynamic Disc Carts with seat are both the exact same thing are made well just the Zuca cart for disc golf is not made for disc golf. Another for the old type disc golf bags the long type is the Gotta Go Gotta Throw one. That is a really nice bag as well, however it is bulky and does not work well on very steep type disc golf courses as the Zuca Backpack style. The last one I have seen is a The Delta 10 Carts I have herd have flaws they never addressed, just hoping that being the first true disc golf cart with seat and disc storage they earned a reputation worth the expensive price. Crosslap Cubas is made in Germany and is hard to get in the USA/North America.

I would go with something that is either detachable backpack like the Ridge Roller or one like a Zuca/ Dynamic Discs Cart, the kind with seat used with a backpack disc golf bag under for disc storage . This way you can have a separate disc golf bag you can take on trips space is limited or you can have a backpack bag that works when a disc golf cart does not on some courses. At least you do not have to spend time loading discs into a bag for travel or course will not work with carts because the cart you have is a fixed storage cart.

So I have been sporting the Innova competition bag with the shoulder strap for about 10 years and its time to upgrade. I'm really liking the cart idea as I play several tournaments in a year and as many casual rounds that I can. It makes for a long day hauling 20-22 discs on my shoulder. So my debate is do I buy a Zuca Cart and use it for long days and tournaments and then unpack the thing and pack up a little bag to go hit a quick 9 on the way home from work? Or do I get a backpack and a backpack cart and just pull the backpack off when I don't need to use the cart? Just wondering if anybody has any info or experience that can help me in my decision. Right now I'm leaning toward the backpack and backpack cart as I can cart it or pack it depending on what Im doing that day. Its a little more money to go that route but it seems more versatile to me.

Any thoughts?

after building by own zuca cart, my friend bought the dynamic disc cart. He's been using his Innova Deluxe bag. I know he's been thinking of buying a backpack to use instead of his current bag in the cart. If you look on youtube, the disc golf nerd bought the dynamic disc ez-cart and it might be the right choice if you still want to use your competition bag. good luck

If you are going to buy a new backpack and a cart you might want to look into Ridge Roller. It is a little pricey, but everyone I know that has one has been more than happy. I've seen a lot of people selling their Zucas. I had the Zuca cart and I sold mine. To be honest it just wasn't that great quality wise, the nuts for the wheels come of, the pole bends, the clamp for the pole isn't made very well and is either so loose that the pole twists or so tight that its a pain in the ass to get back off and when I sat on it , it felt rather flimsy. The bag cart does seem a little better, but like I said if you are trying to buy a quality backpack and cart you won't be disappointed in the Ridge Roller for sure.

Oh and btw, the guy that makes the Ridge Rollers was the first guy to change the zuca into a disc golf cart before zuca stole the idea and cut him out of the deal.

They may have addressed some of these issues? I got one back around xmas time and the wheel nuts have a locking screw for each one now. Mine even came with the white insert and I saw guys complaining about the black one that it originally had. So far so good with the one I bought but I guess we'll what happens after a year of solid use....