• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

10KLDG - Minnesota Disc Golfers Unite

Soo.. I am now in Minneapolis (Savage, to be correct) and it actually seems like my saturday is clear. I want to hit the store (gotta go gotta throw) to look for that cardgame, a retriver and ehrrr.. maybe a couple of discs (for some reason, I can't seem to find the 2 DX Valkyries I bought in Emporia.. they must be in a lake and a river somewhere.. ehr..).

So... uhm.. given that I am new and stuff, any one want to play some saturday?

today saturday sept 27, meet up playing a round at the valley at 10am. followed by a round at oakwood. then possibly another course or two. pm me if interested

im tore up from yesterday but no bitch here... whos going to the valley with you? not in the mood for a huge group but haven't played there in a while'

Soo.. I am now in Minneapolis (Savage, to be correct) and it actually seems like my saturday is clear. I want to hit the store (gotta go gotta throw) to look for that cardgame, a retriver and ehrrr.. maybe a couple of discs (for some reason, I can't seem to find the 2 DX Valkyries I bought in Emporia.. they must be in a lake and a river somewhere.. ehr..).

So... uhm.. given that I am new and stuff, any one want to play some saturday?

GGGT is near basset creek which is a fun course. Plymouth and Bryant Lake not too far away either. You can always find someone at those places!

yeah well.. we can always try again tomorrow .. I'm not going back to TV until.. like.. probably never. I lost the two discs I just bought this morning there AND the retriever I just bought too.. it's like I'm not supposed to own any DX valkyries (lost 4 of the 5 I've bought on this trip so far.. all within days or even hours of bying them).. can't hold a line either (why would they not include a little floating thingie to add to the end of the line.. or.. why would I not add the extended line that came with it)..
Anyway.. I came out of the lake with 3 other discs + the one the guy right in front of me lost (he came back for that one after I had fished it out for him, lazy sod.. ), but I did find 3 other discs in there.. an archangel (.. that one barely made it half way over the lake), a starlite wraith and another wraith I didn't even look closely at.. all I wanted was my DX Valk that I know landed close to the other side, but no..
So the good thing is, that since I had to walk around in that muddy waterhole, I don't have to carry the boots home on the plane (they were broken anyway and got ditched in the trash when I came back to my friends' place).. the bad thing is, that now I don't have proper walking boots for those long days of disc golfing I had in mind..

(I have to be honest.. after today, I felt a lot like just throwing my entire bag with contents into the lake and just go home and flip DG the bird.. it's not fun loosing discs so quickly after purchase.. especially just because of a stupid right flip you made because you yanked the shot because those stupid, friggin' mosquitoes on hole 8 was eating up my face as soon as I stood still for more than 2 secs.. ARGH!).

Good night. Might see some of you in the morning, if anyone wants to throw.. and actually remember to let me know where you're going.

PS: Oakwood Park was quite nice - I liked that one.

Last edited:
if it makes you feel any better within the past two weeks ive lost 6 champ or star sidewinders. most brand new. havent lost any all summer until now haha. and threw a nicely seasoned stalker in the middle of a pond uhhh yeah it sucks

if it makes you feel any better within the past two weeks ive lost 6 champ or star sidewinders. most brand new. havent lost any all summer until now haha. and threw a nicely seasoned stalker in the middle of a pond uhhh yeah it sucks

Alright, let's make it a competition.

Early two weeks ago I lost a dyed VIP Sorcerer at Elm Creek #14. We went back on three occasions looking for it because we saw it land. It must have sliced under all the grass.

Five days later on the same hole I lost a Finnish stamped VIP Stag in almost the exact same manner. I was thinking that while I was searching for the Stag I could hopefully find the Sorcerer. Had to walk away from the Stag as well.

Two days later I played BRP. While waiting for a friend I played as many holes as possible. My drive stunk on Hole 6 but I was still in a position where a clean upshot would land under the basket in its new location. The Lucid Judge came out with a little griplock, snagged a branch, and dove into the center of the lake. During the real round I did almost the exact same thing, this time with a VIP Hatchet in hopes I could get more on it.

We survived the short-lived downpour that hit that Saturday, and upon resuming I was so wet already I just jumped into the pond looking for both discs. I recovered the Hatchet, but despite being brave enough to go as deep as my neck, I never recovered the Judge.

Yesterday at Bryant Lake on Hole 3, I take my normal route through the trees on the right and fly across Hole 10's backside (we always play the long baskets). I almost always park this hole and my shot yesterday looked like it was going to be an ace run. The trick of this hole is that the second half of the flight is blind, and when we heard it hit a small tree, I knew it was going to be trouble. We had five guys looking for it for fifteen minutes and we still could not find anything. There goes my beloved Champion Glow Gazelle. Of all of my lost discs in the last two weeks, at least this one had my name and number on it.

Alright, let's make it a competition.

Early two weeks ago I lost a dyed VIP Sorcerer at Elm Creek #14. We went back on three occasions looking for it because we saw it land. It must have sliced under all the grass.

Five days later on the same hole I lost a Finnish stamped VIP Stag in almost the exact same manner. I was thinking that while I was searching for the Stag I could hopefully find the Sorcerer. Had to walk away from the Stag as well.

Two days later I played BRP. While waiting for a friend I played as many holes as possible. My drive stunk on Hole 6 but I was still in a position where a clean upshot would land under the basket in its new location. The Lucid Judge came out with a little griplock, snagged a branch, and dove into the center of the lake. During the real round I did almost the exact same thing, this time with a VIP Hatchet in hopes I could get more on it.

We survived the short-lived downpour that hit that Saturday, and upon resuming I was so wet already I just jumped into the pond looking for both discs. I recovered the Hatchet, but despite being brave enough to go as deep as my neck, I never recovered the Judge.

Yesterday at Bryant Lake on Hole 3, I take my normal route through the trees on the right and fly across Hole 10's backside (we always play the long baskets). I almost always park this hole and my shot yesterday looked like it was going to be an ace run. The trick of this hole is that the second half of the flight is blind, and when we heard it hit a small tree, I knew it was going to be trouble. We had five guys looking for it for fifteen minutes and we still could not find anything. There goes my beloved Champion Glow Gazelle. Of all of my lost discs in the last two weeks, at least this one had my name and number on it.

its painful hearing these stories hahaha

Ouch.. that sucks.. Fortunately I've only lost two expensive items so far.. A Lat64 Fuse and my retriever..

So.. Someone mentioned a Cali league at BRP today? Anyone going? It takes an hour for me to get there, so I kinda just feel like going now and hope someone else will be there to play with me around 10am.. While I am on that side of town I might do one of the other good courses on that side (.. can't remember the name right now).

Ouch.. that sucks.. Fortunately I've only lost two expensive items so far.. A Lat64 Fuse and my retriever..

So.. Someone mentioned a Cali league at BRP today? Anyone going? It takes an hour for me to get there, so I kinda just feel like going now and hope someone else will be there to play with me around 10am.. While I am on that side of town I might do one of the other good courses on that side (.. can't remember the name right now).

As much as I would love to, I cannot today. There is usually a good turnout so there is going to be no shortage of fun people to play with.