• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 disc rounds - how to choose?

what course(s) are you playing?

I would say Fairway/Putter. It doesn't really matter what you throw off the tee. you still have to make putts. You also need to learn to throw putters.

I personally would go Putter/Putter. I play more one disc rounds with just a putter than anything (lunch break rounds etc.)

keltik said:
what course(s) are you playing?

I would say Fairway/Putter. It doesn't really matter what you throw off the tee. you still have to make putts. You also need to learn to throw putters.

I personally would go Putter/Putter. I play more one disc rounds with just a putter than anything (lunch break rounds etc.)
Yeah, but you throw far. I cannot imagine a 1 disc with a putter.

The course is http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5531

I'd be able to reach 4 of the 9 holes in 1 with a putter I think. The two longest I cannot reach with a driver.

keltik said:
I personally would go Putter/Putter.

I was thinking the same thing to myself... Maybe an OS putter and a stable/US putter.

I don't throw incredibly far, but I'd rather play a 1 disc round with a putter than anything else. I live near Winthrop and would probably do the same thing if I ever had to play the Gold Course with 1 disc. The length of the course wouldn't change the need for a putter for me I don't think.

This also gives me a strange twisted desire to play Winthrop Gold with a Pure now...

I don't throw that far. but looking at the course you linked I would definitely go Fairway/Putter. I would also consider Mamba/Putter. The Mamba is just such a fun disc to throw. I would also suggest doing putter only rounds there. site unseen only holes 1 and 5 would be "un-deucable" for you. They would be undeucable with just a putter for me as well. All the rest are deuceable with a true putter. this is all based on the numbers and not having seen the course.

Crosseyed I would also like to play Winthrop Gold with just a Pure...if there is low wind just a Polecat...

keltik said:
I don't throw that far. but looking at the course you linked I would definitely go Fairway/Putter. I would also consider Mamba/Putter. The Mamba is just such a fun disc to throw. I would also suggest doing putter only rounds there. site unseen only holes 1 and 5 would be "un-deucable" for you. They would be undeucable with just a putter for me as well. All the rest are deuceable with a true putter. this is all based on the numbers and not having seen the course.

Crosseyed I would also like to play Winthrop Gold with just a Pure...if there is low wind just a Polecat...
I do have a Mamba and I do love it now. Hmmmmm.

Powered down, it doesn't turn over. The more I think about it, the more it makes some sense.

According to inbounds, my current putters line up like this distance wise:

Wedge(super flippy though)
Zone
Ion/Dart
Wizard
Aero
Magic
Magnet
Judge

I would not have predicted this at all. The Judge and Aero seem particularly out of place. Zone is too new and overstable for me to use it. Ion or Dart seem like good candidates, but I putt better with my Wizard and do like throwing it hard.

After seeing the course layout, I know I would definitely go midrange/putter for a two disc round. I go about 250-260 with my mids (not sure where you are), thus 7 of the holes *could* be within the circle off of the tee. The other two holes leave interesting upshots which are well within the range of a putter or a powered down/standstill mid. Ugh, the more I read this thread the more I realize that I need to go out and do this...

Just played 9. Conditions were misty/rain with mud everywhere. Did not bring towel, and that affected my drives a lot.

Star TL/Pro Dart

1. Hit an early tree. Second shot too far past. Easy 2 putt(E2P). +1
2. Not enough turn. Past basket. E2P. +1
3. Early release. Left of basket. E2P +1
4. Disc slip. Short of basket. E2P +1
5. Major slip-hit tree. Another slip-well short. E2P +2
6. Dart flying at basket. Hits tree. Make putt. +1
7. Dart just past. E1P Even
8. Another wet TL slip. Well short. E2P even
9. TL turned more than I expected. Hits tree ¾ way there. Approach to gimme. Even.

This just felt right. At no time did I think I needed a mid. I seem to putt really well with a Dart. Pretty sure this is my best 9 there ever. :lol:

Not saying this is in stone. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Latest posts