• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

these two little guys were hanging at hole #6 before we started and even saw them while we played through at the player's dgc

dce1a4db.jpg

Attachments

• Hole #6 Friends.jpg
    Hole #6 Friends.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 14
i had a blast. wouldn't change any of it for the world, it was worth the burning to see some of your evil smiles while i burned it :p let me know when we have another event i'm always down!!!

Want to say, enjoyed meeting everyone. Had a great time and can't wait til next year. Thanks Jay Dub for the practice round before we started and the tips you passed along. Can't wait to play with you again.

I'de like to thank RTS and everyone else who helped, for all the work to put together the meet. It was awesome. Also, thanks to whoever donated all of the awesome prizes. =) Thanks to Geoff for being the best doubles partner ever. ;)

I'm sorry I could only make it Saturday afternoon, but that's life for you. Hope to be meeting up with Geoff in the future for some local rounds. =)

Yeah, I would like to thank the duo that took doubles for beating MCMeyer and I by more than 1 or 2 strokes so we didn't lose by not landing on the mando island on 16.

(BTW the sign showed landing on the island as the only safe spot but the course map seems to show all as safe except the road around and across the road. I wonder which it really is)

Anyway. Would love to come play with any of you again. My doubles partner (Mike) was great and maybe I can head down that way again some day.

i don't think anyone has posted pics yet of those sweet bag tags that rts got for us in the players packs but could be wrong... so i'll post one anyway.

the clear tag is the players pack bag tag, Awesome!

Attachments

• Bag Tags 3.jpg
    Bag Tags 3.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 34
anyone get pics of the white squirrels?
Not me, but there's 4 witnesses to them. :thmbup:
I saw one on the same hole the day before.

White squirrels??? :eek:
Sure you guys weren't tripping? :p

Never seen white squirrels before - they were pretty cool. And Jay Dub says they were there the previous day as well. Did anybody see them on any other part of the course (or the park, for that matter)?

Makes you wonder what it is about that fairway... :confused:

White squirrels??? :eek:
Sure you guys weren't tripping? :p

Never seen white squirrels before - they were pretty cool. And Jay Dub says they were there the previous day as well. Did anybody see them on any other part of the course (or the park, for that matter)?

Makes you wonder what it is about that fairway... :confused:
:thmbup:
They were on the same hole the day before. The one with the OB snaking thru the middle of the fairway. I've seen a black one before but until this past weekend never a white one.

I've been doing nothing but working and sleeping since I got home, lol. I should be able to work on getting some pics up from the meet. I think I am going to do a Flickr page or something so anyone that has any pics from the weekend that feels like sharing please send them to [email protected] and I'll add them to the page. I'll be sure to post the username of the owner for each pic.

Man I am so bummed that it's over it was an amazing time. Some of my favorite moments:

The burning of the Groove of course.
Geoff in the pine tree getting Eric's disc on Sunday.
All of the glow round, but especially hitting Geoff's van, lol.
Doug's Chili.
The giant fire on the last night.
Spotting the huge hornet's nest behind Russell and Leslie's campsite.
Meeting all of you.
Oh and of course all of the disc golf.

I can't wait to do it again folks.

Lesson's learned:

1. Schedule things later. We (I) ran on disc golfer's time all weekend, next time I'll be a little more realistic with the schedule.

2. Order extra player's packs. Had a couple of people want extra's day of and felt dumb for not ordering a couple of extras especially the tshirts.

3. Talk more people into camping. The whole meet was great, but some folks really missed out by not camping, it was a great effing time.

I'm sure there are a few more things that I could have done better, but overall it was a huge success. Again folks, send me your pics and I'll get them up on flickr or something in the next couple of days.

Everyone that ordered a player's pack that didn't get to attend should get a PM tomorrow or Thursday to set up a way to get that to you so look out for that.

Think you're spot on with your Lessons Learned, but on the whole: YOU ROCKED!!! When it comes to any event, you can always tell whether the host put genuine effort into it (or not). Your effort was obvious, and appreciated by all.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

rts, i just sent you a few pics but i forgot to friggin shrink them first (my digi cam is turned to high res). ... so the pics are HUGE files. sorry about that :(

you may want to check your email quick so it doesn't jam up the flow.

brallfail

I wish I could have camped and hung out with everyone more; still, it was a good time and I wouldn't worry too much about having extra players packs. You get too many extra and the next thing you know, you wind up stuck with them.

Geoff in the pine tree getting Eric's disc on Sunday.

He earned a first run Vector for his efforts. :hfive: I've already lost 2 GL Fuses :doh:, I wasn't prepared to lose another.

Spotting the huge hornet's nest behind Russell and Leslie's campsite.

I took a pic, but the damn camera wouldn't focus on the nest :thmbdown:
I think Russell got a pic from closer in.

RT, I owe you a pic of the nice Vulcan trophy unwrapped by itself but it's at home and I'm not....not until Friday night. I'll get one to you then if you want it for your album.

RT, I owe you a pic of the nice Vulcan trophy unwrapped by itself but it's at home and I'm not....not until Friday night. I'll get one to you then if you want it for your album.

Yeah that would be awesome if you could do that. I am working on my pics now, of course all mine are courtesy of our photographers on Sunday Leslie (Russell's wife and Megan. Should have them all finished and online hopefully tomorrow.

Looked like a roarin' success!! :)

That Star Vulcan prize is freakin' sweet, and I'm not even a Star Trek fan or anything. :cool: