• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

I just pulled my SP Squall out to compare it. They look similar but I think the rim is a little taller.

Impact without the crosshatching?

No, way different rim shape.

And you would know if it's a re-brand when/if it's approved. Then it's exact specs will be listed. Ive never thrown a squall, so I can't compare the 2.

It's definitely not a squall, just feels similar in the hand. The diameter is the same as a buzzz, stalker, etc. I'm exited to throw this thing. It sounds pretty promising.

Makes me chuckle how much you dont want this to be a squall

Just giving you a hard time obv

no worries...

i just don't want it to be a squall because they already make a squall. I want something new.

I wish I could get a hold of one here soon. The Ace Race Im planning on going to isn't until September.

Getting excited now, my very first Ace Race is this Sunday! :clap:

Thanks for all the updates on the discs, looking forward to getting my hands on it and seeing how it flies for me.

Haven't seen otr thrown one yet, and while the feedback here seems positive, It seems that people describe it a a straight to slightly understable disc, that (interms of speed) is somwehere around fast mid-slow fairway.

Again, I havent thrown it, but that sounds like it would overlap with many of their current offerings: Cyclone, perhaps Xpress, XS, or XL depending on stability, or maybe the Eclipse. :confused:

I think the have a glaring hole in their line up where an moderately overstable fairway driver (like say a Tee Bird or Eagle) would fit nicely. All they have in that slot is the Tracker, and I'm not sure how popular that is as a mold... and isn't selling discs what they're about?

Guess I'll just have to wait-n-see :popcorn:

Haven't seen otr thrown one yet, and while the feedback here seems positive, It seems that people describe it a a straight to slightly understable disc, that (interms of speed) is somwehere around fast mid-slow fairway.

Again, I havent thrown it, but that sounds like it would overlap with many of their current offerings: Cyclone, perhaps Xpress, XS, or XL depending on stability, or maybe the Eclipse. :confused:

I think the have a glaring hole in their line up where an moderately overstable fairway driver (like say a Tee Bird or Eagle) would fit nicely. All they have in that slot is the Tracker, and I'm not sure how popular that is as a mold... and isn't selling discs what they're about?

Guess I'll just have to wait-n-see :popcorn:

To get specific, making money is what they are about. Selling discs just happens to be the way they do that. The Ace Race is built so that Discraft handles only the distribution. They get 300 TDs to do most of the work. They always make money on the Ace Race, even if the disc never makes it to production.

That said, understable plastic will always bring out more new players to pay for players' packs. So it's more of a business decision than an attempt to fill a hole in their lineup.

With the ability to find beefy Buzzzes, Wasps, and Drones...was the Hornet a necessary disc for their lineup? God no. And I'm pretty sure there wasn't a mob breaking down their door for the Zeppelin. All about the almighty dollar, my friend. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a day of running at the chains for a good price.

To get specific, making money is what they are about. Selling discs just happens to be the way they do that. The Ace Race is built so that Discraft handles only the distribution. They get 300 TDs to do most of the work. They always make money on the Ace Race, even if the disc never makes it to production.

That said, understable plastic will always bring out more new players to pay for players' packs. So it's more of a business decision than an attempt to fill a hole in their lineup.

With the ability to find beefy Buzzzes, Wasps, and Drones...was the Hornet a necessary disc for their lineup? God no. And I'm pretty sure there wasn't a mob breaking down their door for the Zeppelin. All about the almighty dollar, my friend. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a day of running at the chains for a good price.

I don't think Discraft does the Ace Race to make money off the sale of players packs. I would guess that they come pretty close to breaking even. I think the main reason they do it is for marketing/promotional reasons.

I just got my shippment in. Compared it side by side with a squall. Very similar, but different.

On a side note, the sunglasses come in different colors. There were 9 different colors in my shipment.

I just got my shippment in. Compared it side by side with a squall. Very similar, but different.

On a side note, the sunglasses come in different colors. There were 9 different colors in my shipment.

Lenses, frames or both?
Are they kinda cheap or like super cheap

I had 10 colors of glasses, frames only change, not lenses.
They come in
White
Silver
Clear
Black
Very dark blue
Blue
Light blue
Neon green
Yellow
Pink

and we got 7 different mini prints.

Discraft has fixed my lack of water bottles. They shipped out the rest of them to me today, via next day air! The ace race team may have their hands full, but they do an amazing job taking care of their customers!