• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

I actually really like em. they are raybans knock offs. I would say the glasses alone would retail about $10 to $15.

So say it's $10.. The two discs included. $36.. Water bottle is like $10? Then the mini $3.. Sticker $2.. About $52 and it costs $25.. That's really cool. :clap: to you discraft!! Bravo! :thmbup:

So say it's $10.. The two discs included. $36.. Water bottle is like $10? Then the mini $3.. Sticker $2.. About $52 and it costs $25.. That's really cool. :clap: to you discraft!! Bravo! :thmbup:

I agree!

I don't think Discraft does the Ace Race to make money off the sale of players packs. I would guess that they come pretty close to breaking even.

:doh: Trust me, they make a killing on the ace race event.

I don't think Discraft does the Ace Race to make money off the sale of players packs. I would guess that they come pretty close to breaking even. I think the main reason they do it is for marketing/promotional reasons.

I think you are wrong on this one. Those water bottles, glasses, minis, etc. probably cost a combined total of $4 per players pack and that's a high estimate. Especially considering their volume, they are able to get super low price points on that stuff. So for the cost of ~$20 a players pack to the TD's, Discraft is pulling in plenty of mula on this deal.

I think you are wrong on this one. Those water bottles, glasses, minis, etc. probably cost a combined total of $4 per players pack and that's a high estimate. Especially considering their volume, they are able to get super low price points on that stuff. So for the cost of ~$20 a players pack to the TD's, Discraft is pulling in plenty of mula on this deal.

You need to look deeper. They charge 18. They lose money on shipping. They give out hundreds of banners, flags, pencils, posters and more, every year. Plus staffing. Plus the manufacturing costs of the discs and minis. Plus 300 prize packs with a bag and 9 discs.

They break even, at best. It just amazing advertising.

Hooray Discraft!!! Bringing a disc golf event to the masses and hooking it up dirt cheap!
If that isn't promotion of the sport at its finest, I don't what is.

Anyone anticipate having extra players packs? There are no events around me (and I'd never hit an ace at one anyway), but I'd be interesting in buying one.

I just participated in the first Ace Race of the year (Neosho, MO). The disc flies pretty well. The glasses are not too great IMO. All in all it was a fun event.

Does it feel more like a mid range versus a fairway driver? Wider of narrower rim than a stalker?

7702197936_dde01dae4e.jpg

Prototype next to a QJLS; no statement here, just what I had on hand.

7702199658_ff0fcab8df.jpg

Not the most comfortable grip. Fingers too scrunched for a driver, not enough of a beefy rim to feel like a mid in the hand.

7702200662_75b251277f.jpg

7702203896_5694560a8c.jpg