• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

Yeah but its also a driver.....I dont really expect many people to like a driver on holes that are 150-200ft. If you look at the videos I posted they had their baskets around 100ft.

I would love to get to pick my disc up early to give it a whirl lol I played the course my ace race is going to be at the other day and I saw the ace race layout looks like it gonna be a slow day for aces.

Yeah I was out at veterans this morning(shot a personal best 52:D) and saw what I think is the ace race tees. It is the orange flags right? If so then yeah it will be a long day for you guys.
On a side note it looks like a lot of people have been using the flags as the short tees because there is a ton of wear.

Yeah I was out at veterans this morning(shot a personal best 52:D) and saw what I think is the ace race tees. It is the orange flags right? If so then yeah it will be a long day for you guys.
On a side note it looks like a lot of people have been using the flags as the short tees because there is a ton of wear.

Yeah see I believe that is the ace race layout but I noticed all the wear also....so it might be an ace race layout for one of the local groups? But yeah I played it this past Wednesday got there at 11:45 and was done right at 2:00 and y then it was already 105 and it got up to 109 later there that day. But yeah its gonna be a LONG DAY, thanks TX lol.

The Ace Race I was at today had holes from 200-300 ft out!

Yeah that is more like the range NEEDED to really be using the driver BUT it also makes for a VERY TOUGH ace race lol. How many aces and metal hits for the winner?

Their ace race is a putting competition???? :confused:

lol yeah couldn't be more than 100ft..........but hey at least they had fun playing.

Yeah see I believe that is the ace race layout but I noticed all the wear also....so it might be an ace race layout for one of the local groups? But yeah I played it this past Wednesday got there at 11:45 and was done right at 2:00 and y then it was already 105 and it got up to 109 later there that day. But yeah its gonna be a LONG DAY, thanks TX lol.

Yeah that is more like the range NEEDED to really be using the driver BUT it also makes for a VERY TOUGH ace race lol. How many aces and metal hits for the winner?

lol yeah couldn't be more than 100ft..........but hey at least they had fun playing.

A guy hit a Ace on his last throw to win it! I had 2 metals along with another guy, then there was about 7 guys with a single metal.

Those videos you posted are nowhere near 100 feet.
lol yeah they had a few longer holes, the guy posted about 8 or 9 videos. But yeah it was a putting comp with a driver lol.

A guy hit a Ace on his last throw to win it! I had 2 metals along with another guy, then there was about 7 guys with a single metal.

Wow so one ace took it? I can see mine being about like that actually.
I would love to win, I have lost too many discs lately I need the 8 discs.

Just finished TDing the Truckee, CA Ace race. What a great Time. Every one loved the players pack, including the glasses. General consensus in the disc is great. Not the best for short ace runs, but amazing for the 280 to 320 slot., missed a legit ace before the ace race this morning on a 316' straight shot., my best ace run in years. Our winner had 3 aces, 4 metal. I hit my first ace race ace on my last hole(180' line drive), great way to end the day!

Out of 27 players we had 12 aces, and many serious chain outs, and 51 metal hits.

I've got an an ace race disc for sale in the market place...

Out of 27 players we had 12 aces, and many serious chain outs, and 51 metal hits.

I've got an an ace race disc for sale in the market place...

Holy crap that sounds like it was a blast! I can't believe I have to wait till oct!!!

Just got back from Phantom Falls Ace race.. Always a good time there, Paulie does it a bit differently than others, so you get to throw both the discs at every hole, also does a point system. Was awesome, way better than the standard "by the book" Ace Race I did last year. Also with having beer and food available helped immensely. I dig the disc, have a blue 165ish that was a tad more towards neutral stable, little more flat and a red 173ish with more dome and is more overstable not much but slightly. Great disc, lots of glide to them. Personally as well as I through them I'll probably keep one in the bag for now. The water bottle is cool, the glasses are absolute garbage, I'd wear them if I was 12 and couldn't find anything else for my eyes. Personally I think this years pack was closer to $40 than $50 value (2 x $14 discs(retail) + $9 water bottle+ $2 sunglasses + $1 mini)

haha yea, I don't expect to place. I'm just going for the sunglasses xD

Well I want the entire players pack it is just a great deal. Not to mention the possibility of winning. Oh and then we have the free keg (although its gonna be too hot for beer) and $5 BBQ at lunch.

And I'm guessing you were doing the proverbial, "putting with a driver" style ace race as well?

One was at 50', the rest 150'+, several in the 250 range (which were hit). Only 2 aces on our real short hole. I'm not a fan of short holes! Plus we have a higher then average disc golf skill level in our area...

Had the local Ace Race today:
Based on what I throw I'd place this disc between my Buzzz & Pro Leopard. I can see where not everybody is going to dig it, but I think it will fit my game very well with those in between distance tee shots and long approaches.
After I got home I compared it to some discs and the Z XL did seem the most similar.

Not a great Ace Race disc by any means, but a very nice disc for the bag.

I played in an Ace Race today, and I enjoyed this year's prototype quite a bit. It would hold any line I tried to put it on, even slow speed anny's without coming back super hard. When powered up, it would hyzer-flip to level, then fade at the end. This thing also has crazy glide and seemed quite resistant to hst. If what my experience and those of the people that played with me were any indication, this year's disc will be a winner.

One was at 50', the rest 150'+, several in the 250 range (which were hit). Only 2 aces on our real short hole. I'm not a fan of short holes! Plus we have a higher then average disc golf skill level in our area...
You once again put on a great tourney thanks Casey. I like this new disc way better than last year. I will have to test what the stability will be like at sea level. At 6000' it flew like a warship with less glide.
So the western honeybee's latin name is apis mellifera. This disc should be called the apis, just saying.