• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

Top four went bogey free, had an eagle, and a whole lot of birds.

Looks like 63 was the course record, and Will shot a 51.

What does everybody think the hot round will be for round 2?

I'm bad at math. What are you saying? That Will bested the previous record by 13 throws? Incredible! so incredible that I'm skeptical.
Regardless, great round Will! Not quite half way there...

Well, actually that 63 was pre-worlds, looks like AJ Risely broke that yesterday with a 55.

FYI 63-51=12

I haven't seen Nate Doss use the Spin/Anny putt over the last two years. Didn't he switch to more of a push putt?

Doss' putting these days is weird. It's still got spin, but not a lot of velocity for a spin putt. And it's more of a flat to hyzer. Don't know what promoted the change, but it sure seems like it has been for the worse

Anybody know what is up with Yeti? I didn't think he threw as far as some of the other guys. Never having watched him play I just assumed he was a short game player making all inside putts and a bunch outside.

How far does he throw? What is he doing/ what is his strategy to be leading his division?

Anybody know what is up with Yeti? I didn't think he threw as far as some of the other guys. Never having watched him play I just assumed he was a short game player making all inside putts and a bunch outside.

How far does he throw? What is he doing/ what is his strategy to be leading his division?

Yeti isn't a slouch, he's got the distance he needs to get the job done.

He's about a 350-380, backhand only guy off the tee. Killer short game and can out putt anyone. In the masters field climo, brown, and others can all throw quite a bit farther.

Yeti isn't a slouch, he's got the distance he needs to get the job done.

His short game, and not just the putting, is on point. On a course with plenty of par 4s like these it will end up making up for 20-40 feet less power off the tee.

I'm bad at math. What are you saying? That Will bested the previous record by 13 throws? Incredible! so incredible that I'm skeptical.
Regardless, great round Will! Not quite half way there...

The course was redesigned from a 9 hole to 18 hole and then redesigned for worlds this year. There had only ever been one tournament in the current layout where Moser was the only pro to show up and the next highest rated player was 986. Top round that tourney was a 63.

He's about a 350-380, backhand only guy off the tee. Killer short game and can out putt anyone. In the masters field climo, brown, and others can all throw quite a bit farther.

Yeah, those guys can out throw him. The only one I'd worry about is Climo. Brown? LOL

His short game, and not just the putting, is on point. On a course with plenty of par 4s like these it will end up making up for 20-40 feet less power off the tee.

He just has to play smart and let Climo try and bomb them and go OB.

Masters started at Knob Hill which also doesn't really require distance.

Yeah, those guys can out throw him. The only one I'd worry about is Climo. Brown? LOL

He just has to play smart and let Climo try and bomb them and go OB.
I'd be worried about Moser, he putts lights out.

Latest posts