• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

Pretty sure Wysocki lived with Feldberg and Devin Owens in AZ during the offseason last year... did he do that again this year? A move to Lat would make sense considering Feldberg is the team manager...

Are these just rumors about Ricky Wysocki leaving Prodigy, or is there some kind of confirmation I missed? Just seems odd that Prodigy wouldn't fight hard to keep him. It's not like he's been playing crappy with Prodigy...dude is the best he's ever been.

It hasn't been announced officially or anything, but it's from a reputable source. Just goes to show that pros will go where the best offer is.

There's very like little loyalty in sports. Hate it (especially in baseball) when players follow the money.

There's very like little loyalty in sports. Hate it (especially in baseball) when players follow the money.

Completely agree with a sport like baseball. I can't see how the difference between making $160 million and making $180 million would affect a player's quality of life. Instead you hear players talk about being fair to their fellow shortstops or pitchers by not accepting a "home-team discount".

I would cut disc golfers a break because the amounts of money are presumably so much smaller.

Nikko posted a pic of a jet flying in the Prod collectors group. I'm guessing that means "time for me to fly" or something like that. Perhaps his disc company is taking off...etc, etc. hmm...

Completely agree with a sport like baseball. I can't see how the difference between making $160 million and making $180 million would affect a player's quality of life. Instead you hear players talk about being fair to their fellow shortstops or pitchers by not accepting a "home-team discount".

I would cut disc golfers a break because the amounts of money are presumably so much smaller.

Warning! Thread derail imminent!

I cant stand this attitude in sports fans. Its about getting a fair market deal that values your skills appropriately. Most professional athletes have a very short window of time to make a significant amount of money, you cant blame them for jumping at the opportunity. Particularly in baseball, when most players spend years in the minors making peanuts under team control with zero leverage to get paid anything like market value. I dont get why, as fans, we expect players to value the team they play for while ownership and management show zero loyalty to players and treat them like commodities.

The only real exception is the NBA. Between the fully guaranteed contracts, salary cap, and capped deal size/length most contract offers are pretty close together, so things like loyalty, chemistry, and quality of life in that city get more meaningful consideration.

/rant

Excited for this season. I might be alone in liking shakeups between "teams" with caveats: Paul McBeth is Innova like Tim Duncan is San Antonio, or Brady is NE. Just wouldn't feel right should they be dealt to another team for what ever reason. I wonder how the rivalry between Rick and Paul will be affected should Rick switch to Lat. 64. The whole "Prodigy vs. Innova" thing definitely added heat to their battle last season, from a spectator/forum followers' point of view that is.

^ I think this is Will's year anyway. So any Prodigy / Innova rivalry should keep going. So is Val going to stay with Innova, or go with Discraft? Prodigy is killing it having Paige and Catrina throwing for them.

Will the switch take as much adjustment time as some would suggest? or will Ricky be right there challenging Paul or whomever for the lead? Will Will step up in Ricky's absence?

I hope rick can maintain his level of play this year. If the rumor is true it would be awesome for will, mcb3ast, and rick to rule the tour this year in a three way innova, prodigy, latitude battle

. . . I cant stand this attitude in sports fans. Its about getting a fair market deal that values your skills appropriately. Most professional athletes have a very short window of time to make a significant amount of money, you cant blame them for jumping at the opportunity. Particularly in baseball, when most players spend years in the minors making peanuts under team control with zero leverage to get paid anything like market value. I dont get why, as fans, we expect players to value the team they play for while ownership and management show zero loyalty to players and treat them like commodities.

I agree that professional athletes have every right to maximize their income, and that professional athletes may have a short window to earn that income. I also have no particular sympathy for the financial hardship of someone who is rich enough to own a major professional sports team.

I suppose that it depends on how highly the athlete values being on a winning team. Sometimes, keeping a winning team together requires the athlete to accept a team-friendly deal, albeit one that should keep the athlete wealthy for the rest of his or her life.

If money is the most important factor, players should stop saying "I'm just here to help the team win any way I can." ;)

Back on topic, I will be interested to see how changing sponsors and learning different discs affects how the players play. With regard to influencing disc sales, I would be most strongly influenced by what discs someone chose if they could throw any disc from any manufacturer.

I hope rick can maintain his level of play this year. If the rumor is true it would be awesome for will, mcb3ast, and rick to rule the tour this year in a three way innova, prodigy, latitude battle

Well, we are going to find out within a week since Ricky is playing in the Aussie Open. I doubt a new sponsor would want him throwing an old bag in the first major of the year.

That would be odd since Tom Marcus just yesterday indicated he was being sponsored by Legacy this season.

Latest posts