• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

Ya climo, gurthie, koling, and wiggins are easy competition
I see Climo in there, but not the others you speak of. JohnE barely beat a 990 rated player who tied Climo on a temp course in his backyard.

He did shoot an average of 12 points over his rating.
His rating is also the lowest it's been in awhile. Last year he was 1034 at the same tourney, this year he was 1024. Last year he averaged 1048 over two full rounds at this tourney, while this year he averaged 1037 over two full rounds. So he averaged 11 points lower this year. How about them apples?

You realize you're talking about a dude who's masters age, right? Not a spry 22 year old approaching his prime.

You realize you're talking about a dude who's masters age, right? Not a spry 22 year old approaching his prime.
Some people just can't handle the stats. Climo is 4 years older.

His rating is also the lowest it's been in awhile. Last year he was 1034 at the same tourney, this year he was 1024. Last year he averaged 1048 over two full rounds at this tourney, while this year he averaged 1037 over two full rounds. So he averaged 11 points lower this year. How about them apples?

Them apples- as you call them are hardly evidence that switching discs equates to a lower rating.

Them apples- as you call them are hardly evidence that switching discs equates to a lower rating.
Evidence... is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid. In this case the stats are evidence that point to it.

I see Climo in there, but not the others you speak of. JohnE barely beat a 990 rated player who tied Climo on a temp course in his backyard.

lol oops looked at last year. But still climo and sexton are darn good too

besides he shot above his rating overall and he won so who cares?

You! You can't handle the stats! You cherry pick them together to fit your agenda like a politician, not a scientist and with quite a bit of ego I might add.
Where's your stats or evidence? I'm a battleship, try and sink me!

lol oops looked at last year. But still climo and sexton are darn good too

besides he shot above his rating overall and he won so who cares?
Yeah shooting above current deflated rating on home turf, but it's still lower than the previous year event which is really the only applicable evidence tournament wise.

Well, for one...Are there any other factors that might lead to a players rating change other than disc selection? How have you accounted for these in your "equations"?

playing tournaments you want to increase your rating or playing actual competition which might drop it... lots of ratings baggers in DG lol.

Another: Do you cross check your findings with other players entered in the same tourney? Did they experience any ratings change(s) that can't be explained by manufacturer switch? What is the biggest factor outside of brand jumping that causes a change in rating in your opinion? and has that been cross referenced with the players ratings that favor your findings?

Latest posts